Home

The United States has made one accomplishment in Iraq

Heavyarms

Originally posted by Heavyarms

Now, I feel the US has liberated; good. Now, we need some order here, although they should be able to keep it themselves. This is tough; you might feel like the police in Baghdad soon, and everyone hates you, or things will calm down, and they take care of themselves. They have partially started to, anyways.

This whole celebration thing...I'd give it a week or two more before play time is over and the terror strikes start up again in full force. Saddam has plenty of diehards that havn't left the country who are remaining to be pains in the ass. Celebrations will stop when people see the APC sitting on the corner of their street day and night. Then some guys are gonna get ticked and blow the heck out of it one day.

You have to remember...we are second only to Isreal as the most hated country in the Middle East. They arn't going to stand for this government occupying 2 countries in the middle east. It's an outrage for us to have marched in there and taken over two countries within a year's time. Big Stick diplomacy is back with a vengence this year and Bad Nieghbor sintiments are running high.

I don't know how we're going to stabalize the region...I don't even know if we should, but I do know that the puppet regiem that will be set up soon isn't going to be that popular in any part of the world since it will most likely be tring to play both sides and strattle the issues. (not going too far towards the radical rebels and not going too far towards the US = instability)

Oh, and since when did the media, especially people, care about the people anyway?

When the people changed the channel because they were disgusted with the type of reporting being done.

Give Palestine a state and everything'll work out. It'd give ME-US relations a big push forward.

Remember, what they hate you for is not founding Israel as a tiny state in Palestine: What they hate you for is not stopping this tiny state from invading and swallowing up Palestine, which is no more acceptable than a war carried out by Indians that wipes out the USA, makes it the United States of Free Native America, and puts every resident of former USA into refugee camps. It's like letting a tame lion into a kindergarden and just sitting back and seeing it devour all the children as you realise it's not tame after all, without saving the kids or anything.

When the people changed the channel because they were disgusted with the type of reporting being done.

I'm thinking of invading peoples' privacy just as much as

And if everyone's so disgusted, that says something about war. It's not like Black Hawk Down, it's like Saving Private Ryan. Most people have a skewed perspective of it.

Archived