Home

Can someone Please Help My Newbness

tancred

Ok, This is the first time I have taken a look at this scumm revisted stuff and I am lost already.

Ok, I downloaded Indiana Jones and the Fate of atlantis, when I go to play it, it has no sound whatsoever, now, first off is this my problem or not? and if its not my problem how do I use this scumm revisited to extract the sound files so that they will work with the game?

Or if you can point me to a tutorial or something....Thanks

Tancred

Ok, I downloaded Indiana Jones and the Fate of atlantis

There's your problem. I don't know for sure, but I'd assume the sounds were removed from the game when it was pirated. Go buy the real CD, and don't post anything about illegal game copies on this forum.

CCCP

Actually At one time I did buy the game, it was bundled with rogue squadron or some crap like that, and dark forces, but that has to be like back in 97 and i dont even think they sell the discs anymore otherwise I would, I did get the music to work for the copies I did get, but no speech.......

It is, but that's not the problem. The problem is that people assume that anything older than 5 years is abandonware. This, I'm afraid to say, is by no means true. I'm older than 5 years, and I don't consider myself abandonware.

Abandonware is only "abandonware" if the company "abandons" it, and announces that "this game is now abandonware blah blah blah". I'm pretty sure Infocom labelled a few games "abandonware", so you can now legally download them and not burn in the fiery pits of hell. Lucas Arts, however, haven't - so if you download a Lucas Arts game, I hope you feel bad inside.

Archived