Home

lightstaff / dual sabres

Anakin1607

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acorriding to the official site u will have to train before you have acces to the dual-bladed or the twin(two,etc) sabers but they will be avalible as you get further in the game. That's the scoop on those sabers anyways but I can't wait to be a species exept human and ditch being katarn with jan(no effences to the creators but that's getting old[if Jan wasn't in dark forces oops]).

you forgot, less strenght in each hand, means less damage and less defense, you may block twice range, but half strenght so a "clash of lightsabers", will have a little disadvantage(?), that if they made the game realist if not... they will increase spam and lose players.

BTW I will use single bladed, just like in real life =], i tried with two but i sucked great time, and with dual bladed I hit myself more than my oponent (I'm talking about sticks, I don't ave a lightsaber)

Originally posted by Master_Payne

you forgot, less strenght in each hand, means less damage and less defense, you may block twice range, but half strenght so a "clash of lightsabers", will have a little disadvantage(?), that if they made the game realist if not... they will increase spam and lose players.

BTW I will use single bladed, just like in real life =], i tried with two but i sucked great time, and with dual bladed I hit myself more than my oponent (I'm talking about sticks, I don't ave a lightsaber)

I'm in your camp. I will be sticking with the single lightsaber. I just hope that they make one saber as effective as the other styles...

I think everyone should start with 1 sabre. If someone dies, and you are the first to the sabre, you get to have a lightstaff or 2 sabres. Which one would depend on how many points you put in <I can't believe I forget, sabre offense?>. e.g. Now, you max out 'sabre offense' and you get red stance. In JK:JA, you max it out and you can use 2 sabres.

I also think changing sabre styles in game should not be allowed. At 'character creation' you should pick your style(light, med or heavy) and only use that. You can only change when you acquire an additional sabre, or die.

Originally posted by HBK

I think everyone should start with 1 sabre. If someone dies, and you are the first to the sabre, you get to have a lightstaff or 2 sabres. Which one would depend on how many points you put in <I can't believe I forget, sabre offense?>. e.g. Now, you max out 'sabre offense' and you get red stance. In JK:JA, you max it out and you can use 2 sabres.

sounds a lot like jedi master... which is an extremely crappy mode.

hopefully cheats will resolv the one lightsaber at the beginning, so i can fight with a staff, like in outcast were you can have lightsaber when your not suposed too, i hope its so.

and about fighting two peeps at once, oh yeah, this will be a definate, because you have to fight 5 and 6 peeps in those screens, and the interviews so far have said way more badies at once to fight, unlike JO, you get several

I suspect that you won't be able to control each hand. It will probably be like JO is now. You have an attack button and you can move the mouse to get various swings. Most likely, only the animations will be different for each style.

Originally posted by taekwondo joe

hopefully cheats will resolv the one lightsaber at the beginning, so i can fight with a staff, like in outcast were you can have lightsaber when your not suposed too, i hope its so.

you really should beat it once before you cheat though

i like to cheat when im just running around killing things but you gotta follow the story the first time around

much better that way :)

Originally posted by Iblis Reborn

you really should beat it once before you cheat though

Agreed. It is so worth playing the game through the first time the way it was intended.

I've gone through it once, and now I've started playing again as my own Jedi Master character, complete with modified Mace Windu model. Starting with the lightsaber right from the beginning is sweet! :)

Archived