Home

Aliens

I believe they exist.

I do not believe we have ever been contacted, which pretty much dispells the posibility the government has any further involvement.

I think Area 51 is a weapons testing/developing area. Due to national security, It is necessary to protect it the way they do.

I too think they exist...somewhere... ;)

But I don't think "the" government knows anything that we don't. I think whatever does exist out there is either less advanced than us and is just as ignorant of us as we are of them, or know quite a lot about us but feel it fit to leave us alone :p

But I think a whole lot more things, which I am too lazy to type up right now...

I do belive the US government is hiding something, but most likely it's a new kind of bomber or something.

Anyway there are about 100 billion estimated stars in the Universe (the Universe is finite, assumed). Each one of those contains about 100 billion stars. So about 10,000 billion stars in the whole universe.

100 billion stars in the Milky Way then. I find it unlikely that only 1/100 billion has the combination(s) for life.

There was a theory not so long ago about only a medium-size belt in the galaxy is capable of supporting life. Still got a few billion left.

Well, speaking from a solely scientific point of view, then your theory that it is unlikely that only 1/100B has life, is plausible.

But if you factor in the fact that God created everything (which I partially believe in) then he just might have wanted 1 place to have life. ;)

What do the creationists think about this?

*Sigh* Why do you have to bring everything down to religion?

Anyway, no, UFOs do not exist:

In the year 19.. something a farmer somewhere saw a boomerang shaped ship fly over his house. He told others and it eventually ended up as a story in a magazine.

Now, the farmer described them as "flying the way a saucer does when skipped across water", so the editor creatively called them "flying saucers". The magazine's artist, equally creative, drew a.. saucer-shaped starship on the front cover.

Interesting thing is, the people reporting they had also seen the ship said it was saucer-shaped. Go figure.

1. If they really saw it, too, why didn't they even see it as the same shape??

2. Isn't it odd that every other UFO reported is a variation of this design that's been PROVEN not to exist? If you say the aliens have both saucer- and boomerang-shaped UFOs, that's an ENOURMOUS coincidence: That's like someone in the 1000s drawing a fictional ship that turns out to look exactly like USS Enterprise.

How likely? Not likely.

They're talking about outside of the most likely faked saucer stuff that you always hear about nowadays though. They're refering to the possibility that somewhere out there maybe there is something.

Could you please stop starting your posts off with, "*sigh*"? It's amazingly derogatory to fellow members.

Sorry, Rhett, I didn't think of it that way.

I'm just generally not feeling too well, and I'm sorry if I came across as grumpy. No offense intended.

About other worlds. Well, there are billions upon billions of systems in our galaxy alone, and that's just one of the galaxies.

And seeing I have SETI installed on my computer, I can't deny I believe someone's out there :).

My theory? It's likely that we'll never achieve the kind of scenario that we see in Star Trek, with systems and empires "close" to one another. I think it's going to be more like receiving a signal from another world that's been sent millions of years ago (assuming, of course, that this empire is billions of years ahead of us:)), and then sending a reply/probe that'll get there in a million years.

OR we'll come up with a way to cross the galaxy in a matter of a decade or even less, and we'll form some kind of trading coalition.

Originally posted by krkode

Nor does it say that he did create more than one world?

But what would be the point of mentioning it in the Bible anyway? God tells us what we need to know, nothing more.

Until we develope some scientific evidence to support the non-existence of extra terrestrial life, we are not alone in the universe.

Seeing how many times all life has come almost to total extinction on this planet and yet struggled on to not only survive but flourish,.. and seeing how many wildly different enviornments life seems to be able to thrive in,.. I would have to say that I would be very surprised to not find life on other planets.

If the question is about if I belive that sentient, highly technological life forms that may have visited us, then I would have to say no. Any such species is probably very far away, and have no idea we exist. The chances of them randomly stumbling on to our little planet out of this entire galaxy are,.. well... astronomical. We have been broadcasting radio signals of any real strength for far less than a hundred years,.. not nearly enough time to attract the attention of the rest of the local nieghborhood, if there is anyone living there, and even if they were listening for such things.

Or perhaps they are here already. Maybe they live amongst us. *sees Rhett sneaking away* HE'S ONE OF THEM! GET HIM!

Eagle- The Star Treck scenario will require us to travel faster than 10,000 times the speed of light.

That could be done. I read an article on it somewhere. I'll type it out later.

Eagle- The Star Treck scenario will require us to travel faster than 10,000 times the speed of light.

That could be done. I read an article on it somewhere. I'll type it out later

I heard some scientists sent a photon/eletctron, something small at least, faster than light. Someone actually also teleported an electron 100cm:eek:, which is far for an electron.

I'd show you the articles, but first of all I don't know where they are, and second the magazine (Science Illustrated) is in Norwegian.

As for aliens.. I'm just not sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I believe in one thing God said in the Bible about people in other planets. I don't know the verse, but he said something like,"I have created all sentients in mine own image." Or something along the line of that.

Archived