Home

A Solution for Fall Damage?

Six of One

I read that you guys are planning for "Dodgeable Fall Damage." How would that work? How could you dodge the ground? :confused:

I was thinking that it would be cool if a Jedi could sort of soften his fall with some sort of "Safe fall" power. Maybe you could have it so that you use the Force to slow your fall to a point that you are almost floating when you get close to the ground then it deactivates.

Stupid idea or what ;)

-Half-a-dozen of Another

Well, it will work on three levels:

1. Jedi can elimanite fall damage by slowing the fall with Force Jump

2. Dodge will work on fall damage. Meaning if you land flatfooted without rolling, Dodge will auto roll for you.

3. Dodge will prevent you from falling to your death (assuming you have enough points). Meaning, you'll fall out the screen, lose a lot of Dodge Points and then respawn at an approprate location without dieing. I wanted to do this to prevent people of being able to push/grip their way to victory, and to explain that in the movies everyone doesn't seem conserned about jumping/falling off stuff. Jedi could just safely land or mercs could use their jetpacks.

Hi ! Love your mod and have a few requests but hope i dont get dun for em!

heres a suggestion...instead of falling but not dieing i think u said how about when u have enough DP u jump over a ledge or something but when nearign ground automatically the player usese force push on the ground to soften the blow?

same goes for something like bespin near the pad but instead of pushing u could pull yourself back to the level.

As for you mod will it contain any admin features?

Will it contain any new forcepowers or maybe LVL 4 Force abilities?

Sort of, we'll be doing something about falling and dodge eventually.

No planned admin features, seriously, you don't NEED anything other than kick/ban/rcon. Everything else is just open to abuse by poor admins.

Yes, the forcepowers will be retooled. :)

Archived