Home

What's your favourite MI game, and why.

Mr.Lukie

Which Monkey Island is your favourite?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which Monkey Island is your favourite?

• Secret of Monkey Island
    • Monkey Isand 2: Lechuck's Revenge
    • Curse of Monkey Island
    • Escape from Monkey Island

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realise the sea combat was made infinately easier if you just asked Haggis to let everyone help you (thus sea battles were ended with a single hit).

And yeah, the ending was short, the development team had planned a much more elaborate and better ending, but ran out of time/money near the end and just threw out a cheap one.

• 2 months later...

I voted CMI, because I haven't played the first one, played half of the second and finished the 4th. LeChucks Revenge was a pretty good and enjoyable game. I liked CMI a bit better though. EMI was sort of dissapointing, but it was still Monkey Island, so I forgave LucasArts and played it through.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

1. CMI/MI2 I can't really choose between these two. They are both funny, great fun to play and have great sound.

2.SMI I found this game still pretty fun. It isn't nearly as funny are or as Varied (only 3 different places in entire game) as MI2/CMI.

3.EMI Wasn't a fan of the graphics, wasn't as funny, not nearly as fun and I didn't really like the story.

• 5 months later...

Even though I don't own the game itself and it's been five years since I played it, LeChuck's Revenge is my favourite. It's made the biggest lasting impression on me; a game I feel particularly excited about playing. Atmospheric as hell as well as funny. I'm definitely gonna pick it up when I find it cheap.

My favorite would be the first monkey island of the series.I remember when I was a kid,it was the first game I've ever seen on my cousin's amiga.To me it was a hell of the fun to watch..Eventually I picked the game my self and started to play on my PC.It's still one of the games that marked my childhood.

MI I love you :D

• 1 year later...

Ohh...that is hard...

The Curse of Monkey Island...just because Murray has one of the most funniest comments in it. XD

[Guybrush encounters a talking skull, floating in the water.]

Guybrush: Can I call you ‘Bob’? (Referring to the undead pirate Bob from the first game whose skull kept falling off)

Murray: You may call me ‘Murray’! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell – carrying your head on a pike!

Guybrush: “Stride”?

Murray: All right then, roll! Roll through the Gates of Hell! Must you take the fun out of everything?

XD lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

By far my favorite Monkey Island game is the next one. Doesn't matter when that is, or which one it ends up being for that few months, it's always the anticipation and the participation in the next story that is the most fun. I can't place any of the existing ones as the best because it's not really about the gameplay for me, it's about participating as a pirate that I can totally relate to. He's perpetually the wannabe pirate who doesn't have the slightest idea what he's doing and somehow manages to get himself in and out of trouble time and time again. The twists are always amazing, the stories are fun, and the endings are, invariably so much fun that when I get to it, all of a sudden I'm filled with anticipation for the next one. Years go by and nothing happens until there's a rebirth in someone wanting to tell the story, and viola the anticipation is renewed and again, I get to look forward to a new adventure as Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate.

• 1 month later...

The answer is easy. "Curse of monkey island" it had amazing graphics, it has speech, amazing music, new look of guybrush, comic cartoon graphics which is amazing. the animation is very good, amazing backgrounds that was drawn by bill tiller.

i hoped if grm fandango were cartoon 2d. like in CMI

then MI 2 comes

then MI 1

MI 4 was kind of rubbish

Archived