Home

Just began continuing NJO

ckcsaber

Ok, I am right now in the middle of "Dark Journey", and I seriously want to know if it will get better or not (plotwise). I'm still shocked after reading about Coruscant's capture, but it seems very difficult for the plot to move forward any further.

DJ is my opinion the worst NJO book. I'd even skip it altogether, its not that much important plotwise. And yes, Force Heretic is great.

"You may win the occassional battle against us, Vorrik, but the Empire will always strike back." - Grand Admiral Pellaeon :D

Ya I did buy Dark Journey but for some reason my instincts told me to skip it. Maybe one day I'll actually read it...and the Hero Trials :p

And yes, Traitor is the best NJO book of all. Vergere has awesome lines, Ganner and Jacen have sweet battle scenes, it's da shiznatch.

Lol well prepare to spend some money then (unless you are borrowing them).

If you are buying em, a good site for NJO books (and sci-fi books in general) is http://www.sfbc.com (Science Fiction Book Club). They have this deal for new customers that lets you buy 6 books for $1 total!! Course, you have to buy at least 2 books at regular price within the next 4 years or something, but i mean, 6 books for $1? Woot! Too bad they don't have FH1 yet tho.

And yes I think Traitor is the best NJO book yet. The author's picture made him look like a bouncer though, not a brilliant writer. :D

Dark Journey was ok. It gave more details about

her becoming the "Trickster"

, but it didn't really progress the plot.

Ok, I've made it all the way to Destiny's Way, and so far "Traitor" is my favorite! Seeing Ganner go out that way was truly awesome, and I'm really liking the way Jacen is turning out.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Dark Journey was ok. It gave more details about

her becoming the "Trickster"

, but it didn't really progress the plot.

Ok, I've made it all the way to Destiny's Way, and so far "Traitor" is my favorite! Seeing Ganner go out that way was truly awesome, and I'm really liking the way Jacen is turning out.

Hmm...

I actually thought Enemy Lines developed this theory more, like with all the stuff bout phychological warfare and stuff. Plus many of the new "Trickster" weapons were used the first time in Enemy Lines.

Also...

I really dislike how the authors are going with Danni and Jacen. Tenel Ka had him first!! They had such a good relationship in YJK (or JJK? forgot...) and NJO pretty much ignored it after SBS. :mad:

Ya! I liked the YJK (that's it btw). Jacen and Tenel Ka had it going. In fact didn't the last book end when Jacen give her a necklace. I guess that doesn't mean squat in a few years..... and I guess the Jaina and Jag relationship isn't too bad..... but I think I liked Jaina and Zekk....

Archived