Home

Adventures of The Associates

Pnut_Man

bad luck..... BAD LUCK... thats just great. If theres anything else that can go wrong with my day then please tell me because im getting fedd up with having to take this sorta crap.

greawll

i grabbed a chair and sat down next to the bed. And examined the wound. It looked abit better but i could tell that she was gonna get a pretty nasty scarr from that thing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arina watched cautiously as the wookie pulled up a chair. She recoiled a little and rested her hand on the hilt of the sword.

He may have saved me, but I can't let him try anything. I don't know anything about him... Or what kind of defenses this ship has.

Arina spoke in a gentle tone, "Watch yourself around me. I react before I can think. Don't get too close..." She gripped her ancient blade tightly.

Physically or mentally... Friends are in the perfect position to destroy you. She remembered her daily training from back on Naboo. Why had her parents instilled that so deeply in her head? I have friends.I'm not dead... yet. I shall play along; if only to become this wookies friend. This was a double edged weapon. She knew that well.

Arina loosened her grip on the sword and allowed the memories to fade.

"Do you need any help? I have some piloting experience, though outdated. I can be useull elsewhere, too." Arina blushed again.

Honor. Always with honor.

"You saved my life, I suspect. Did anyone see me board this ship?" She gripped the blade again as she realized they were not alone.

This isn't good. There's another nearby. Another liability.

Arina weighed her options. Into the back, and likely a dead end, or into the front, towards the other being aboard. She could take the wookie hostage if the other came with malign intent.

Hard times I have fallen upon in this day and age. War, tyranny, and destruction. Suits me well.

She laughed aloud... Take a wookie hostage. Really... This could be interesting.

There was a shine in Arina's eyes that had been absent for far too long.

Originally posted by swediot=)

Weve never been to correllia before and if you have any information we would be willing to split the earnings with you if you join our crew as a navigator.

Hmmm, you have never when on the Correllian Run. Well, I have and for a nice cut, I can Nav you there.

Just then, Arina sits up in extreme pain and passes back out.

Her sword is on the carbinet over there. And sits back down as watches what is happening. As Arina knowesses Nygle in the corner watching over her. I don't think anyone saw to much, but please inform us, what happen?

OOC: That's better, sorry had to run, and didn't get a chance to check it

OOC: umm could you edit your tread abit dradle its kinda hard to read what is a quote and what your saying and stuff

thank you:D

IC: Ok so i got my self a navigator. And if this girl is of some use then we have a whole crew. It would be a pretty strange crew. A wookie a bothan and a human. hmmm well the pay for this one is good so even if we split it in 3 we each get our fair share... i still dont know about this girl though.

Shreneka stood up scrathing his head with one hand and reaching out to Nygle with his other.

greeaawwl

And so it began

The hooded figure slowly stepped off the starship, squinting in the light of the bright sun.

So this is Corellia, the Elders told me it would be busy, but this is amazing...

As a Zabrak, Drakae had lived a sheltered life, hiding in the shadows as the Elders had instructed, never revealing too much of his species or their innate abilities. This mission was different. His culture was dying, slowly but surely, and Drakae had been sent to find an association with sufficient skills, so that he might learn ways to protect his species from extinction. In his isolated village he had been gravely instructed that his new task was very important. He had boarded his entirely unremarkable ship, The Marauding Beast, and gone to Corellia, the only planet he had sufficient information to efficiently contact some form of skilled organization. He smiled under the hood, tightened the vibroblad egainst his belt, and walked into the entrance of a small cantina on the corner of a busy street. The sights and sounds of a strange environment assaulted his senses, but it was strangely comforting. he was already starting to like Corellia.

ooc: Sorry guy been working my fingers to the bone at work.

IC: Alright I will make my way to the bridge, and set the nav for Corellia. It should take about 12 hours, why don't you guys get some rest. Nygle heads off to the bridge.

shreneka nodded and walked up to the protocol droid. He waited till Nygle had left the room before he hit the on switch at the back of its metal head.

Now why did you go do that for??

breaaawl

I didnt give away 'every' bit of information to him

Greeaawl breeeoch

hes in the bridge wha whaaat. why did you send him there? im going to check up on him.... just to make sure

shreneka sat back down next to arina

Arina took in her surroundings as the Bothan spoke and headed for the bridge. The wookie activated the protocol droid, and a sudden exchange between the two sent the droid hurrying to the bridge.

Arina smiled to herself and brushed back her earthen hair.

That droid spoke of giving away... I will soon learn more. I have no doubt of that...... Maybe this information could prove useful.

Arina felt her shoulder... singed. It was healing though, and hurt considerably less than it had before.

I wonder where we are heading. It may be less suspicious if I... There you go again Arina. Always suspicion over trust. This wookie saved your life... I owe him now, at least until my debt is payed.

She spoke gently, yet with an air of regal command: "What is your name, wookie? By what... shall I call you?"

The wookie bellowed and looked away for a second towards the bridge.

"That's right. You cannot speak to me without the droid. I'm sorry, but I do not know Shiriwook."

Arina paused for a moment in deep thought.

"... Diati'Nwea. This is my name for you, and a symbol of my respect for you, wookie."

She turned to face him with penetrating green eyes, piercing into him, taken by both vigor and a deeper purpose.

"Does this name suit you? I know it is not a name for a wookie, but it is a part of my custom."

Arina gripped her sword hilt in case the wookie was suddenly offended and took a violent course of action.

As Nygle makes his way to the bridge. He begins to hum a little song he's known for years.

Can't you see, I am a privateer. Smuggling spice throught out the galaxie. Jumping from Kesal, to the InnerCore. Running from star destroyer, evading all the tie fighters....... I am a privateer, the same as my father was before.

Reaching the bridge, he turns to the nav computer, and falls deep into a very large chair. Geessse, I should have looked before I sat in a chair made for a wookie. Hahahaha..laughing to himself. As Nygle begins to enter in the Cords for Corellia, K23-PO rushes into the door. Turning to greet his, Nygle stairs out the canopy to see 5 Tie-Fighter on a vector to them. Slapping the Com. System. You guys may want to get up here, we have a squard on TIEs on our tail. Turning to K23-PO See if you can hold them off while I make the Jump to Lightspeed. Its going to be a minute or 2 before I can enter the Cords. Spinning back around to the Nav computer.

ooc:Threads not going to die, but we might. :p I thought I would get our blood running with is little chase. I figure the will be on us in 1 minute, that give Shreneka enought time to get up to the bridge, and if Arina is up to it, her to the guns. And I need 2 minutes to make the jump.

Damn! So they did not tie the loose ends. The Imperial scum will hunt me now, till I am dead or made a slave. Well, darn it... I hear Naboo is nice this time of year.

"Diati! Get to the bridge! I will head to the guns." Arina jumps from the bed and straightens her robes.

Then, with authority, "I can take a couple down, and if they are smart and NOT suicidal, they will stay..."

She made her way towards the ship's guns. "Wait, since when are TIE's NOT suicidal?"

Arina left Shreneka with her question still fresh in the air, adrenaline working wonders for her wound. She climbed down a ladder to the laser turrets and strapped herself in, familiarizing herself with the controls. This ship was not tailored for a wookie, she fit snugly in the gunner's seat.

Let's see what these pilots got.

She let loose a volley of shots towards the incoming TIE's.

Guess there's no time for diplomatic measures now.

Her shots came close enough to singe the hairs off a banthas hide, yet she could not manage to take any down as they returned her gesture. Shots darted past the ship as the TIE's came screaming across her view. Arina quickly brushed her hair out of her face. She was growing anxious.

I hope these guys know what they're doing. My life lies in the hands of a man I do not even know... and what perfect timing, as he turns out to be a Bothan. If this were a one-on-one duel, no contest....

Come now, Arina. Her mother's voice rang through the deafening laser batteries. Do not be arogant. That is not what I taught you. Find your peace, and realize any challenge can be overcome with clear thought.

"DAMN HER!!!" Arina cried out as she let loose another volley at some incoming TIE's; the ship shook. She watched in stunned awe as one of the TIE's blossomed before her. The ship was taking some bad hits.

Hope this ship holds. I just wish I had gotten a better look at it before I was taken aboard, then I would know the odds of getting through this... She grit her teeth, despite what her mother had told her otherwise. I don't know the crew, manueverability, hyperdrive, sub-light engines. Too many unknowns.

She didn't like being poorly informed. Not at all. She was a careful planner, and risks were no good unless she knew the chances of success. The ship rocked again as she let the tranquility flow through her. She took out another TIE.

shreneka stumbled into the bridge as the ship took another hit. He gave off a loud growl and sat himself in the co-pilot chair.

We cant take any more hits. Our aft shields will fail. We need a plan

GREEEEAAAWWL shreneka took control of the flight stick and fired the forwad mounted laser canons at the passing ties. Only for them to comeback and fire again.

well never make it to correllia!

Breeaaawl shreneka pointed to the nav computer

your right well hide there. Nygle set the co-ordinates for Naboo

shreneka continued evasive manouvers. rolling behind the the group of tie fighters. The ties split into two goups as Cannon fire threatened their formation. Shreneka nosedived and pulled the craft to starboard. He knew that manouvering the ship would make it harder for Arina to hit the Ties but he would much rather have that then be shot by them. He rolled the craft to port and pulled up and fired a volley at the 2 ties in front. the first bolt just missed the wing of the tie while the other shot straight through the cockpit sending him spinning off into space.

greeeeeaaawl

After Shreneka took out the third TIE. The TIE Pilots knew that their number was next, and they radio for Reinforcement, and headed back.

A few minutes later. Alright guys let head to Naboo, Cords are in and we are ready to go. Turning off his Com. Taking a deep breath, and leaning back in his chair. Nygle turns to Shreneka You know, they problemly found out that we heading to corellia by the way we where heading. The Corellian Run is the run in this sector, but with us heading to Naboo for repairs I think we might just throw them off the track. Nygle stands up out of his chair. Sense we have about 5 hours till we hit Naboo. I think we all need to sit down and find out alittle more about each other, and I am alittle interested in which of our cargo the IMPs what. Jorenka's package or Arina.... Do you mine if I get something to eat? Would you like anything? I'll go ask Arina if she want's anything too. And meet you in the Galley. Saying that, Nygle heads to Galley to find him something to snack on.

Nygle leans his head down the ladder to the gun turret where Arina is. Hey Hawkeye, great shot.... Hows your shoulder holding up? I am heading to the Galley for a snack, would you like something?

After talking to Arina, Nygle heads off into the Galley. I wonder, what does a Wookie keep in his IceBox. Nygle grabs nice size plate of food. Heads over to the table, and takes a seat. He leads back in his chair, grabbing a kiaberry sweetroll from the plate.

Arina let the last of the tranquility wash through her. Her heart was pounding, and she couldn't rid herself of the smirk on her face. She had shown the Empire that she would not be so easily subdued. Again, Arina brushed her shoulder length hair from her face and leaned sank back into the gunner's seat.

I know, I know... You always dissaproved of bad posture, father. But are you here to correct me? No. And just where were you when I needed you the most? Out drinking with all your women. There was a time when... You were not so disgusting. When you seemed to care. You hardened me, and tempered my body for combat. May you rest and live a better life in death. I bet the poor old man is still alive, relaxing with all his ladies. His birthday was last month. So he should be....... 43 now.

Her thoughts were interupted by a voice she had not heard before. He was yelling about food.

We just risk our necks and all he can think about is food? Men. That must have been that Bothan I saw earlier. I will keep my guard up, and my eyes on his body language. If he tries anything, he'll end up like.... like.... I AM NOT A KILLER!!!

Emotion swept over her and she sat crying silently in the turret.

Today.................... I have killed........ four people. I cannot say that any of them...... Arina sniffled. Were innocent...

"I am not a killer. Why, father, did you bring me up this way? And mother... I have NO words for you. You were the one who cast me off of Naboo. In that capsule... alone."

Arina wiped tears from her face, straightened her yellow and orange robes, and began to climb the ladder to the galley. After all this, she had worked up quite an appetite.

I wonder what wookies eat?

OOC: Since it's obvious Pnut_Master isn't coming, I'll go and do something else. (Come on, someone come to Correlia!)

IC: The man still stunned, Ack'tor picked up the japor snippet and left. It was still broad daylight, and Ack'tor found no trouble finding what he needed. A ship. His Ship. A YT-300 he won in a game of Sabacc. He jumped in it and set the coordinates for Tattoine. Only he knew what he was doing.

you showed some good displays of piloting today

Greaaawl shreneka turned his attention back towards the instruments. Bringing up the damage report.

I see. well looks like were gonna have to find a proffessional engineer for this one.

Shreneka shook his head at the protocol droid.For once master you must understand that your basic training in ship engineering wont fix this. This is bad. We may even have to get new parts for the shield generator. its taken quite a hit.

shreneka examined the report and new he wasnt going to be able to fix the shield generator. He also new that he didnt have the money to pay someone else to do it. After all this thing was pretty busted, he needed someone who really knew what he was doing.

Greaaawl

shreneka got up from his chair and headed off to the gallery to meet up with his new found allies with k23-po following not far behind.

Arina ate a light meal and let the rest of her uneasy emotions leave her tense nerves.

"Well, this has been an interesting day." Arina says as she yawns. "I am going to sleep now."

She takes her plate to the sink and drops it in as she heads for the sleeping quarters.

"I suggest you all get some sleep too. The energy a restfull night's sleep gives you is a blessing. Just hope we don't run into any more trouble. Night all. Oh, and this will be my room... Any problems? Good."

Arina grabs her sword and strolls into the bedchambers of the largest room, locking the door with a hiss of air and electronic gears.

Hmm... Nice room.

She looked the room over quickly, feeling the bed.

Not bad at all. Hope they do not mind me taking this one.

She sat down on the bed. Only one exit. Not too comforting. The bathroom is over there... I should wash up.

Arina took a sonic shower and headed for the bed. There were some rustling sounds as she lay down. The Bothan and the Diati were still awake. She was soon asleep though.

OOC: This thread has been relocated to the Naboo thread. Happy RP'ing all.:D :D :D

i mind. Thats my room. Oh well i could just sleep out here for a while after all she probably hasnt fully recovered yet. so she needs that extra sleep.

shreneka walked up to the sofa waved good night to nylge and lay down.

Archived