Home

Von Beck's Revenge

Good luck Skinkie.

I gave up and cheated to get around it.

After a couple of weeks and literally hundreds of tries I failed to even get past the 2nd turn.

Life is too short to spend that much time on a single level of any game. Now I just want to get to the end (a place I should have been a couple of weeks ago) and get this game behind me so I can start on something else.

I feel bad about having to resort to that, but I was very, very close this weekend to giving this game away and never playing it again without ever finishing it, which in my mind would have been a lot worse.

At least this way I can go back and try to finish the level properly if I ever want to.

I read here (paul111111x) about remapping the camera control to the keyboard. Could you please tell me how you did that? I tried but I can't find a way to configure that. Thank you very much.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

So far I haven't been able to complete this level. It is sooooo difficult on the PC. I don't know how it is on the XBOX or PS2, but it's terrible on the PC. I remapped the keys and it has helped some, but still driving me crazy. This has been a disappointing game for me. After playing the other 3 Indy games and enjoying them very much, this one seems repetitive and not much in the way of puzzles to figure out ... at least so far. The graphics and sound are nice, but I'd gladly go back to less detailed graphics if it meant having a better storyline and puzzles to figure out along the way. In my opinion, the best of the three is Fate of Atlantis, with Last Crusade second. I also enjoyed Infernal Machine, but this one is frustrating and levels are repetitive - run, jump, fight, climb, swing, etc. Some levels are more difficult, but otherwise they seem very similar. Also, not happy that you can't save the game at any point you choose. I'd like to get Fate of Atlantis again if it is available and will run on Windows XP or the MAC.

• 2 years later...

Archived