Home

Any chance you need a cinematic guy?

Drew Carey

I'm surprised you answered positivly. I wasn't expecting an answer at all. Anyways, I don't have much expirience, but I do want to try this. I would like it if you tell me what you're looking for, and I will judge by the complexity of it if I'm capable of doing it.

Now, I don't have much old work to show you, but I'll find a few pics. Just please, don't judge entirely by them.

Heres a pic of some LEGO vechiles hovering over the water. The goal was to make computer LEGO, so keep that in mind:

Legopic%2Ejpg

Heres a pic of some asteroids in space:

DDT%2Ejpg

I'm willing to show you full motion video, but I don't have enough space to host it on.

Hmm...I don't know why you cant see the pics....

Anyways, If I were to do any kind of motion video, then I am strictly talking about prerenderd animation. I suppose that if you wish to make a mixed intro, it would be wise to split it to at least two people, one would do the ingame and one the prerenderd.

If you would be more specific about what this intro would feature, I could perhaps prepare a "test" segment so you could decide if I'm fitting for the job.

I checked the links ....they seem fine, but nevermind them.

As for your question, I don't exactly understand what you're looking for in my answer, and what "people animations" are you refering to. You've got to be a bit more specific about what you want. Don't say just people animations, describe an entire sequence (not to long for now), and I will gladly go over every aspect of it with you.

As for your question, I suppose I'll just build a character and a skeleton to match. Buit if you're refering to key framed animation vs. something else (i.e. motion capture), then I'm afraid I don't have the recourses for anything besides keyframing.

O.k. I understand....

I'll level with you, it would be difficult for me to create complex scenes featuring complex characters on my own, without any help at all. But, lesser time consuming and difficult scenes, such as vehicles, space crafts, space scenes, flybys, buildings, citys, different areas, and pretty much anything which isn't a character, would be much easier for me to create on my own. There is ofcourse a possibily to get a couple of more people to work with me and as a result create more impressive scenes.

As for prerenderd graphics looking better then in-game cinematics, it would depend on the complexity, and the amount of time I have. In general, prerenderd graphics are much better, then the in-game cinematics.

I understand you're worried, but the best way to solve this, is to create a test/example scene, and from that you could decide for yourself.

Archived