Home

The Lightsaberstyles

Erliko

Well, it says right on the page that Anakin Skywalker is a practioner of Form V:p You must have missed that :D

As for DM, which I assume means Darth Maul, he doesn't really qualify under any of those forms because they are, after all, Jedi Lightsabre forms. Maul was trained in the Sith Arts, and the Sith focus on combat prowess whereas the Jedi(usually) do not, so it's rather difficult to compare the two. "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never to attack", and seeing as Maul's Lightstaff is meant to be a weapon of pure offense, the Jedi most likely don't use them, which is also probably why they never developed a form for it ;)

Out of all the forms though, form VII(the one Mace Windu uses) is probably the closest to Darth Maul's technique, as it's a more aggressive, "go straight for the kill" style than the other six...

i've got the sw insider issue in which the 7 lightsabre combat styles were first published-the one with aayla secura on the cover page...pretty cool stuff. anyway, its author claims that the combat disciplines were relevant to the Sith, too. dooku used form II, vader form V...and Darth Maul most definitely used Form VII. it's interesting to note how skilled darth maul became with what was originally intended to be a practice sabre...i mean, he was able to hold his own against 2 form IV users, after all.

like blazer said, anakin used Form V for the most part...tho in his duel with dooku, after receiving the extra sabre from obi1, he had enough confidence to break out of his usual form v routine & adopt the 2-lightsabre variant of Form IV- which explains why he was twirling about a lot when that occurred.

Archived