Home

Indiana Jones and the Emporers Tomb

I pretty much just started the game, and I am still in Prague now. I started playing the game in the HARD mode, because I played the Infernal Machine that way. Which I thought was just great! So, I would like to know if you people think this game is "easier" than the IM? I read in the ET game manual that you do not see the "icons" when in the hard game, but when ever I come up to a lever the "lever icon" always pops up. Also, when he goes into a "I will say room" the camera view slides across the room so you are to be sure to "see" something of "value". And, if he walks up to something, he starts "thinking" out loud, before I get to see what is going on. I want this to be a challenge, not a "gimme" game. Is this a "bug" in the difficulty setting or will it get more difficult as the game progresses? I find it really easy right now, I mean too easy! I keep going back to see if the game is still set to hard, and it is. Sorry, if I sound redundent.;) Has anyone here finished this yet? I realize that it is still new, so....

Thanks,

Jim

I have to say, that I did find it straightforward (even on hard) because of the reasons you gave. I read somewhere, that if you are use to playing these sort of games, you kind of know what to look for etc. and I think that definitely was a factor when I played it. A review magazine described the Infernal Machine as surprsingly cerebral which I think was a pretty accurate description. However, for Emperor's Tomb, emphasis seems to have shifted to combat which was fun, but I did miss an 'intellectual' challenge. The hardest part of the game for me was finding all the artefacts - I've got about 60% of them so far...Also, when I played the game, it took me about two weeks to get to the end of the third level and then only 1 week to do the other 7 levels. The levels didn't seem as long from 4 onwards - I don't think I was playing it more often. The graphics and sound are good and I personally liked some of the level design, but overall I thought Infernal Machine was a far better game.

Thanks for the reply, I do have another small question, now that you mention it. In the IM you got the score at the end of the level and it told you how many "treasures" that you collected. I believe it was 10 per level? Anyway, where/how do you know if you collected the treasures/artifacts in ET? I seem to think there is something at the begining of the game you click on just before you go into the game?? You were right about the IM being cerebral! Good choice of wording. :D Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying this game so far. Graphics are great too.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Bonus? What bonus? I collected a few artifacts throughout the game, but only when I stumbled upon them. I didn't bother to look for them since all you get is too see them on a shelf. (Except if this bonus you're talking about is something special).

I just found where it was that I seen it. Go to page 7 talking about the MAIN MENU in your game book, and at the bottom of the page in the "artifacts" section, it says this "Find all the artifacts in the game to unlock a bonus."

Good luck!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

No secret level? NUTS! The way I see the shelves, there are 3 treasures per shelf. Is that what you got? I am in the Peng Lai Lagoon level now, and I realized I missed quite a few treasures. So, I am going to go ahead and finish the game. THEN, go back and play it again, only I will pay attention more next time. I found a really cool website with a great walkthrough. Which I am not reading now, but possibly when I replay it, I may need it for treasure hinting ;) . Here is that website:

http://www.the-spoiler.com/Sinjin/INDY2/emptombwalk.htm

Jim

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived