Home

which pilot would come out tops in a one-on-one among the following?

benTantilles

which pilot would beat all others listed here in a 1-on-1 dogfight?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. which pilot would beat all others listed here in a 1-on-1 dogfight?

• Wedge Antilles (x-wing)
    • Boba Fett (slave one)
    • Han Solo (falcon)
    • Soontir Fel (tie interceptor)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Wedge easy,

Falcon- Too big, Wedge could sit in the spot at back where the guns don't reach.

Slave 1:fett: - close call- coz of the gadgets, but I think Wedge would win

Soontir Fel-- wins on skill, but T/I's don't have shield's do they? depends on which SQN, but I think Wedge.

What about Jaina Solo (25-30 years ABY) v Luke Skywalker (around 6-7years ABY)?

valid points, all....though i'd have to argue with your contention that fel's more skilled than wedge. :D

regarding the addition of jaina & luke... we agreed earlier on that Force users shouldn't be included coz they had an unfair edge over non-Force users (should we, for example, factor in the fact that luke could've telekinetically crumpled an opponent's entire ship in a dogfight)...besides- wedge'd still kick all their asses. ;)

regarding the addition of jaina & luke... we agreed earlier on that Force users shouldn't be included coz they had an unfair edge over non-Force users (should we, for example, factor in the fact that luke could've telekinetically crumpled an opponent's entire ship in a dogfight)...besides- wedge'd still kick all their asses.

I meant Luke vs Jaina, not adding in Luke and Jaina.......

What do you guys think?

hmmmm...that's actually a very good question. they're both highly skilled pilots...both have different things going for each side. luke, for example, is more powerful in the Force, but jaina, i believe, has a better grasp of tactics & strategy (at least in space combat terms) than her uncle.

what do u thinK?

I'd be inclined to agree about the force power thing, but not so much for the piloting. Luke hasn't been out of Rogue Squadron for that long, and he still flies his X-Wing. Jaina is relatively new to flying, while Luke's been piloting at least a T-16 since Tatooine, and at Yavin he managed to survive the dogfight before the trench run. That was before he was force-trained at all. Jaina I think would have perhaps had greater control of the force, even though less power.

To tell the truth, I'm a bit behind with my reading, so I'm judging Jaina's skill based on the New Jedi Order, up to Balance Point, but I'm putting up another thread about that.

How do you know about Fel teaching the Rogue vets at the Academy? And where is this story about young Wedge and Booster Terrik, with the Z-95?

How do you know about Fel teaching the Rogue vets at the Academy? And where is this story about young Wedge and Booster Terrik, with the Z-95?

dark horse comics, 'x-wing: rogue squadron' arc. the mention of fel teaching the rogues @ the academy occurs mainly in 'the making of baron fel' and also in some issues of 'in the empire's service'. the space station incident where wedge's parents are murdered and wedge, in turn, slaughters the murderers occur in 'the phantom affair'. check out http://www.darkhorse.com for more details...the 3 comics i just listed are some of the best material u could ever hope to lay your hands on...

• 10 months later...

Boba Fett.

No question. Haven't you guys ever read ALL of the Bounty Hunter Wars Series?

Fett frickin' flew an Imperial-class II Star Destroyer BY HIMSELF!! The Rebels were all freakin', man!! They were all, like, wishing that Fett was one of their guys. Fett even flew through some weird space spider stuff without shields, in the middle of a Black Sun squadron!! He almost died, like, fifty times!! He tricked Bossk (spelling?) and made a bomb explode rather than his ship, and stole Bossk's (spelling?) ship!!

Otherwise, Han Solo is the luckiest man in the Star Wars Galaxy. He freakin' got away with shooting Darth Vader, surviving Carbonite encasing, surviving capture by the Yevethan's (spelling?), and surviving the whole Yuuzhan Vong stuff.

Fel isn't as good as his son, Jag Fel. You guys ought to read the New Jedi Order Series!! Wedge...he's O.K.

:fett:

I'm going for Boba on this one. Fel wouldn't do very well cause the interceptors a cruddy ship. No use being a good pilot if you don't got a good ship. Han, no. After every battle he has to go for repairs. He may be a good pilot but, he's just not good enough.

I think the final battle would be between Fett and Wedge. Boba Fett has a really nice ship, is a very good pilot, and has been able to win many times in battles useing different tricks. Wedge, while he may be a battle hardened warrior with exceptional skills, he just wouldn't cut it.

Archived