Home

Zak 256 viewer and scumm16 for win

KeibakAruu

Is there a viewer to be able to view the backgrounds of Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders for 256?

I use scummrev2+3, scumm16 for dos, and I cant get to view them.

Is there anyway I can view them?

Also, Scumm16 for windows always crashes for me, is there a reason why it does that?

Joey

Yeah I was thinking about doing that. SCUMM16 works with Indy Last crusade 256 colors, but it doesn't work with Zak. I heard that the Windows version of Scumm16 works with Zak, but I can't get it to start, it gives me an error to the Allegro DLL.

So my plan was to get the SCUMM16 source code which comes with the program, and get the SCUMMVM source code and see it and put the feature into SCUMM16, but there is only a problem... I am no C++ programmer. I know nothing about C++ and I am not that far advanced in Visual Basic to program this type of stuff yet.

If anyone wants to help, I would appreciate it. Here is the link to Scumm16: http://scumm.mixnmojo.com/download.php

And also to a program called SCUMMER which only has the source code to there program, which may be able to view Zak 256 files. So if someone could compile that for me, it could help: http://digilander.libero.it/burton666/scummer.html

Thanks in advance.

Joey

OK I got a 2 free compilers: djgpp and Borlands, but I am trying to learn C++.

The thing is, with the source code I have I still cant put it together, thats why I was asking for help in this, if anyone could do it.

Would anyone be interested in that?

Right now, I am trying to do FIle I/O in C++. I took the source code of SCUMMVM and tried to use FILE I/O to not just display the script files in descumm in the dos window, but to also save it to a text file for reading.

Joey

You dont need to modify descumm to do that. Dos has built in support for things like that. You need to use the pipe '|' character.

E.g. "start|descumm5.exe script-1.dmp >test.log" outputs to test.log

Archived