Home

EMPEROR'S TOMB - and now...

DanSky

To obtain the Emporer's Tomb soundtrack, follow these guidelines:

Get a PS2 or X-Box

Get the game

Under options turn the music volume all the way up, and the sound effects and dialogue volumes all the way down (I don't know if this is possible, I don't have the game)

Now, buy a cheap cable from your local game store that runs from your PS2 or X-Box (I have one that works on PS2 X-Box and GameCube, it was only £10) into your PC's audio line in.

Now, record the music by playing the game.

Its not the best way, but it works. I recorded the music from Super Smash Bros. Melee in this way - but of course, I had unlocked the sound test option, and could select the music at will.

There won't ever be an official soundtrack CD unless something changes with the higher-ups... And by higher-ups I mean John Williams. Word on the street is that he doesn't allow soundtrack CD releases for musical scores based off of his work (so you probably won't be getting a Knights of the Old Republic soundtrack, or Bounty Hunter soundtrack either)... So generally if a game comes out that is based on a movie he wrote the soundtrack for, don't count on that game having a soundtrack.

I thought one game like Shadows of the Empire or something had a soundtrack CD which sort of refutes what I'm saying or at least is some sort of exception to the rule, but I really don't remember.

---

Also, as for ripping the sountrack from the game, there are ways of doing it that are a little less complicated than running a cable from your TV to your PC. I'll ask around and see if non-shady people around know how to do it.

Yeah, there was a soundtrack for Shadows of the Empire. From what I know, it was only available as part of a special release of the game that was only available directly from LucasArts, and not as a separate CD. Also, I think it only had 3 or 4 tracks, so it might have been entirely original music and nothing based off John Williams' themes. But there have been CD's released of scores based off a John Williams' original - Jurassic Park 3 springs to mind.

And that cable I suggested doesn't run from the TV, it runs straight from the console's multi-out to your PC. The quality is impressive :)

Yes it is.

I can't recall the name of first folder, it's something like "IndyData" or so, but there's only 3 folders anyway I think. Next "sound", then "music" and there are various folders with MP3s.

The soundtrack LucasTones is referring to is most likely Force Commander, not Shadows. This one has only 4 tracks which are downloadable from the official page as well ("downloads"). The CD was only sold at the LucasArts store.

Shadows Of The Empire does have a soundtrack. Amazon and SynSONIQ both sell it. I think only the main theme was the Williams composition, all the other music is by Joel McNeely.

Just FYI... if anyone has an Xbox with a mod chip, you can FTP to your Xbox and copy the MP3's directly off the game CD. The quality on those is very, very high... much better than the ones you'd find on the PC version, at least. About 256kps.

Haven't looked at the PS2 version, so I don't know if it's any more difficult to easy to rip the music out of that one.

My personal favorites are Chinese Action 1, Indy Action, Istanbul Action, and Istanbul Kracken.

Archived