Home

will luke have been born yet?

Crowy

If EP3 is about 3 years after EP2, then it'll be about 17-20 years before ANH. So, Luke and Leia's birth could be a plot point. Anakin knows about Luke. Once Anakin looses it, Padme probably tells Yoda about Leia and they plan to hide her once she's born.

Anyone else have some better ideas?

Actually, if my memory serves me right, Padme will be with child for most of Episode 3, but they will probably have some kind of glimpse in time of Obi-wan separating Luke and Leia. having Luke go to the Lars Homestead, while Leia remains with Padme, who is taken to Bail Organa on Alderaan.

Originally posted by Random

If EP3 is about 3 years after EP2, then it'll be about 17-20 years before ANH. So, Luke and Leia's birth could be a plot point. Anakin knows about Luke. Once Anakin looses it, Padme probably tells Yoda about Leia and they plan to hide her once she's born.

Anyone else have some better ideas?

That's a good theory.:)

Actually, Vader tells Palpatine that the vergence in the Force is his son, and the Emperor is like ,"Are you sure?" Is your mind clear Vader." and Vader reassures him that his mind is clear, but that his son is the Vergence.

Apparently Padme will be preggers at the start of EP3 and is expected to give birth towards the latter end of the film, we are not sure what Anakin discovers as regards to Padme's pregnancy all we know for sure is he at the very most only knows of Luke, even though in ANH on the death star run he says in a suprised way 'the force is strong with this one'. As in who the hell is this person with the strong force connection, u would think a powerful Sith Lord would know it was his own son??

I've mentioned this before, but figured I may as well bring it up again. My belief is that Vader does know that Padme is pregnant, but he only knows about Luke, NOT Leia. Thats why Once Luke began his Force training, Vader knew instictively it was his son, and then later revealed that Luke had a twin sister, which came as a surprise to him.

Yeah i think thats was GL's ultimate vision of the situation but i don't believe Vader was Luke's dad in ANH, Lucas only made that up when writing the script for TESB so it is goin to create some inconsistencies in the plot. I think he will use episode 3 to tie all or at least some of those plot discrepancies together. It will be interesting how he manages to show that Anakin only knows of one child tho?

ok, could the movie end with padme discovering she is pregnant, and only yoda and obi-wan know about it ? Then the development of the pregnancy and the birth and the seperation of the kids would all happen between 3 and 4. this would protect all relevant plot points for the viewing audience AND certain sith lords.

Oh yah, NO, the twins can't be born before or during EP3. It shouldn't even be an issue. If you consider the scene where Vader tells Luke that he is his father in ESB. Not only is that where Luke learns the truth, its where We learn it too.

If you watch the movies 1 thru 6 in order, it would screw up ESB if Luke's relation to Vader is revealed in 3. Yah, we know, but the movies are written as if you've never seen it before.

Get it?

Well it will be kind of obvious even in Episode 4 with the name Luke Skywalker and how Owen and Beru are his uncle and aunt, respectively. And how we will see that Padme is pregnant, and Star Wars doesn't exactly play off todays society where the people just sleep with anybody, well, not the main characters anyway. So we know by Episode 3 that Anakin is a father to someone, we just won't know until TESB in a sense that Leia and Luke are related. Luke instinctively uses the force to contact leia, since he knew deep down she was his sister, and that she had the force. Plus when they introduce luke into Episode 4, his name alone will be a dead giveaway since it will be like 18-20 since episode 3. Plus there is that scene that was shot during episode 2 of Obi-wan bringing an infant to the Lars Homestead, and with luke being the only boy young enough in episode 4, it shouldn't take newcomers long to figure out the connection

Well, then I guess we'll just have to see what GeorgieBoy does to cover his arse.

He said in an interview that he didn't use the hyperspace lines-effect in any of the prequals because he wanted to keep the feeling you get when you first see it in ANH when the Falcon blasts away from Tatooine. So, I was betting he was going to try to keep the feeling in ESB, somehow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well....i always thought that vader does know it is his son....but never learned about Leia...

of course maybe he never learned about the children. Maybe padme after seeing him going to the dark side...told him that she lost the babies and went to give bearth to another planet...(that could happen)

But there is also the thought that Luke was the first child and leia had been a little slow :) and such Vader never learned of his daughter...Or of course when they were borned Yoda and Obi immidiately took Leia and luke to hide them but anakin learned about luke through some plot-twist...

Oh, heck it could happened anything....

Let's wait for George's view :p

REALISTICALLY Padme will have to die in this movie, which will be the final nail in the coffin in Anakins Skywalkers case, this will tip him over the edge and to the darkside. Therefore she will have to give birth to Leia and Luke before he turns.

BUT I'm not sure if this would work, we all know Anakin/Vader finds out about luke in ANH therefore according to my theory Obi Wan hides luke while Anakin hasn't turned to the dark sie and while Padme is alive, which would lead to the question of how would Padme ever agree to give up her children. . . . Its confusing (to me anyway) of how things will work out, but I suppose we will have to wait two years to see what G L comes up with....

What do u think?

but anakin has started from the second getting into the dark side. He doesn't have to become darth vader for the others to see that he is meaner :p

As for padme dying, i believe that it will be another conspiracy of the emperor and then making it look like it was a fault of the jedis...so anakin shall be heck evil towards the jedis...;)

i think we (almost)say the same thinks :)

why padme stay with him when he is at the last steps of entering the darth side?

Yoda and obi shall inform her and tell her what to do with the shildren and maybe at the trip to where she will give bearth she will die from a spy of palmatine and anakin shall learn that his the babied have died also, and also learn that the trip ,obi and yoda have told her to do, drove to her death...

do you think that till he is in the other side...she won't leave him?

Ya it confuses me of what Lucas is going to come up with, they will have to make out that the babies died, unless Padme left Anakin and didn't see him for nine months, or if she some how managed to hide the fact that she was preggers which I find impossible seeing as she's a small woman anyway!! It will be interesting to see what happens, but what you said about the them saying the babies died could work. But personally I don't want Padme to die during child birth (I dont want her to die at all). Like I've said before it would be better if dooku killed Padme then Anakin being extremely upset, pissed and angry kills Dooku to become the new apprentice of Sidious.

Originally posted by OmegaNothing

Like I've said before it would be better if dooku killed Padme then Anakin being extremely upset, pissed and angry kills Dooku to become the new apprentice of Sidious.

i Hope that's not what it happens :)

It is like George lucas saying...the pain we live when we lose somedody and the anger it produses its bad...

:(

anyway it can happen and it is a way of Sidious to die....and the emperor then brain-wash anakin saying that dookoo did it on his own...mmmm

maybe...but I really don't want that to happen

Archived