Home

co-op MP in JA

Irimi-Ai

Understandable that there is a problem inhereted with the fact that resources have to be shared (played Jedi Power Battles lately?), however if scripted events can be utilised in multiplayer for JK3 then it is more than likely the process would be a simpler one than Jk2.

Simpler - not simple.

I myself would be determined to find a way to do it with JK3 (since number 2 scripted events are something unknown in Multi).

I would also like to note that I think (in my opinion) that AI enemies in Multi are completely stupid and despite the fact that it can kill you; it doesn't exactly co-operate with teammates and doesn't evaluate problems (being outnumbered and gathering help) which single player enemies do.

I say this because the Reborn fight differently in SP and MP. So I assume that the AI is different and therefore that to simply convert the maps would mean the AI would be somewhat ludicrously stupid.

I'm checking out how the problem may be resolved; but it seems to be a rather large job with a payoff that might not work properly.

Other issues I have thought of for co-op are player limits, weapon restrictions (possibly to the saber only - they are jedi after all), and cut scene interaction.

When taking in these issues, simply making a TC mod with co-op seems a far sight easier.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived