Home

Some 'technical' questions about the boards...

•-BLaCKouT-•

NOTE: This may be in the wrong place, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it. Please move the thread if this is the case.

Okey dokeys,

Although I'm still noobish to these boards, I know the general board-ettiquette thing. However, I've got a few questions about these here particular boards. Don't shout too loud if they're stoopid ;)

1. How does the points system work? Is it a flat number of points allocated per post, or is there another pattern to it?

2. From what I gather, you need a certain amount of points before you can have a signature image, is this right?

What I was wondering was, isn't it possible to post a 'sig-image' at the end of every post, but before your actual sig? Wouldn't that be almost the same thing? Or is that just bad karma? I ain't gonna do it if it'll upset people who've earned their points.

3. Custom Avatars. Very nice idea! As you can see, I've done me own. What I was wondering is the best way for the 'board' to reference it. At the moment, I've got the image 'uploaded' (to the 'local database' I think?). In terms of page-loading time, is this the best way or should I slap it in my webspace and put the link into my options page?

Like I said, I don't want to wind people up like some clueless noob. I'm only a partial noob :p

Cheers in advance,

B.

To answer your questions about the points it works like this......2 points for every post and if you post a thread, you get one point for each reply.

To see what the store has to offer check it out right here. You can get more then just a sig image.....so take a look around. Just for quick information, you need 900 points to get that sig image. :)

Also, I wouldn't post your picture at the end of every post....I'd just put a link in the sig til you can get the actual picture. ;)

Finally, I think your avatar should be fine. Mine is uploaded from my pc so I don't see how yours will be a problem. :)

Archived