Home

Return of Tavion

Livingdeadjedi

Im now on part 2 of level 1

Had to cut some of the wanted buildings and as this is jk2 the LARGE mushroom shaped buildings had to go as the meshes were to large

Hoping to make a good skybox with some buildings

I have the blue sky made for bespin in the day

But i need it to be a bespin skybox if anyone wants to make one ?? in bryce. or whatever ya use

looks good without one but that would add the icing to the cake.

the link to screens is here

http://www.pcgamemods.com/file.php?id=f9be311e65d81a9ad8150a60844bb94c

ive made alot more and a few major changes since them but i didnt want to take to many shots LOL

Im will include my carbon chamber and gantry in this level

I updated those at christmas with a better Computer in the window room and a shadow of the window itself by making the window again on the floor =]]]

I need to improve the angled wall textures as they need to be 3d really.

Much anticipation at this ground breaking by the sounds of it level. What kinda percent would you estimate you are complete, if you are able to make that estimation. Also, any info you can leak on the storyline? :)

Oh yes. This is a most remarkable level and one I will wait for in earnest. It's a blessing such a grand author of MP levels, as you are, Livingdeadjedi, got interested in the possibilities of SP. And please stuff this level full of scripting :)

Yeah the skybox

that was the easy bit =]

i took the original bespin one and used photoshop to change it to blue =]]

Oh as for scripting ive included a cutscene at the start and one between two people on the second level.

but then disaster struck

im meant to have a bar scene with kyle and the barman

but on making the script and all

i tried it and the barman speaks then the script unexpectedly crashes.

so after i hit the wall a few times.... :p

i tried one of ravens ways of doing it , but this didnt work 1 bit LOL

so i got rid of that scene, and might only be able to do basic cutscenes as no one seems to know the problem.

but even if i did youd still have some kick ass levels =]]]

Oh the story line is basically about a group on bespin

but the story will unfold as you play it.

Made level 1. and most of level 1 part 2 just goto add some cool effects and a level Boss

Oh, come on! Nobody ever said ICARUS scripting would be easy. To prove that, have a look at the Raven scripts. Even they have strange remarks every now and then, in addition to whole parts of the script changed to remarks, possibly because they didn't work (?). Scripted events have generously offered the biggest problems I have yet encountered in mapping. Yet with time (and a bullet-proof screen) I have defeated them.

But in addition to cinematics you can script all kinds of moving and rotating things in the environment using func_statics. That can be funny, and alleviate the feeling of static surroundings.

But of course, it's your map. I just personally like scripting, and try to promote it to an old MP mapper :)

• 1 month later...

Archived