Home

What shall we declare JA as?

Toa Tahu

What shall we declare Jedi Academy as?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What shall we declare Jedi Academy as?

• First Person Shooter
    • Action/Adventure
    • Role-Playing Game
    • combination of any two(please specify)
    • all
    • what is a RPG?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Action/FPS with some third person elements. ; )

That reminds me.. I hope they allow us to use the first person saber in MP.. I missed that in JK2.

Rogue Squadron is an arcade shooter. Though it might be more complex than your average rail shooter, its still an "arcade" game, nowhere near a "sim."

FP saber? Yuck! They'd have to clean that whole mess up if they want to include it in MP. Did you ever notice how you can only see your hands in the mirror? Or that you can't do special moves? That needs work regardless.

But that's off topic...

Originally posted by Kurgan

Action/FPS with some third person elements. ; )

That reminds me.. I hope they allow us to use the first person saber in MP.. I missed that in JK2.

Rogue Squadron is an arcade shooter. Though it might be more complex than your average rail shooter, its still an "arcade" game, nowhere near a "sim."

you can use first person saber (and still roll and do specials, etc. this is NOT the SP first person, but it is very close)

cg_fpls 1

( in caps: CG_FPLS )

oh and you want to know why that is all you can see in the mirrors? because that is what the skin looks like. its really third person zoomed in right behind the head (or almost in the head for SP) but the skin is invisible all except for your hands. well to you it is. but in MP it shows the skin you pick in player or through console to everyone else. (basically you are wearing 2 skins, the one you see, and the one everyone else sees)

I think you could just get away with calling it a Star Wars Fps cause well, thats what it is. Or Star Wars action game, whatever.

One thing is for sure it is a first person shooter but there is a few more things that are totally different, melee combat, so action game would be the better term.

Originally posted by Solbe M'ko

They should work on the mirror thing. I wouldn't know how but I'm sure they could find a way to show the player a different skin than everyone else sees.

dude did you not see what i just said?

here let me hightlight it for you:

its really third person zoomed in right behind the head (or almost in the head for SP) but the skin is invisible all except for your hands. well to you it is. but in MP it shows the skin you pick in player or through console to everyone else. (basically you are wearing 2 skins, the one you see, and the one everyone else sees)

and besides in SP it doesn't matter because the whole skin issue for mp is what everyone ELSE sees, not you. in SP there aren't other people there to see you.

Archived