Home

Screens(never seen before)

Hannibal

Originally posted by Burrie

Oooh, some nice new shots. Odd fellow on that first screenshot, prolly a Bounty Hunter or the like.

Maybe not. Looks like he's wearing some type of goggles.

Look in the 2nd one. Mission is wearing them too.

Guest Jed

Calm it down there Leemu. :p:D

We're all excited!

I'd have to say "Who are you to threaten me? I could be dangerous."

:D

Not really an article just the author talking about how promising the game is. At the bottom it says expect the game in July.

I saw this over at where I shop:

Electronic Arts have sent word that the eagerly anticipated StarWars: Knights of the Old Republic for the Xbox has slipped until July 10th. The game is one of our own top 5 most wanted releases this year - we can't wait till it arrives :).
don't know whether this is just for us guys in oz and NZ, sorry to be the bringer of bad news:gben:

Originally posted by Frosty_V2.1

I saw this over at where I shop:

don't know whether this is just for us guys in oz and NZ, sorry to be the bringer of bad news:gben:

We've been having this discussion in the release thread.

Keep up with the times man. ;)

Wait a sec...I thought Mission Vao wass a jedi...why is she running with a blaster??? Does this mean,you can pick the weapons of the NPC?????

She's not a jedi. Look at her description in the picture on the charcter thread. Juhani, Bastila and Jolee are Jedi.

Who is Mission Vao, or whatever..i've never heard of this Jedi..where can I see some info on him/her? and wth, they pushed Kotor back again!? I guarantee, come june 30th or so, theyll push it back again, those bastids! Ebgames.com shows Kotor due July 15th.....they're going to keep pushing it and pushing it, getting the anticipation so high..this game better be epic..cause im gonna flip if it doesnt rate as a 10 after waiting so long for it.

Mission Vao is the blue twi'lek you see in the screenshots above. Check out the "Characters (spoilers)" thread, it has information on all the NPCs.

and wth, they pushed Kotor back again!? I guarantee, come june 30th or so, theyll push it back again, those bastids! Ebgames.com shows Kotor due July 15th.....they're going to keep pushing it and pushing it, getting the anticipation so high..this game better be epic..cause im gonna flip if it doesnt rate as a 10 after waiting so long for it.

Although I have yet to visit the thread, you might want to check the "release thread" which is stuck, I think... and calm down a bit, geez... some people have been waiting about three years for this game, and in my honest opinion, a month more or less don't matter... plus, realise that in the end : IT'S ONLY A FREAKIN' GAME... (albeit a potential damn good one)

In the Characters(spoilers) thread, it says nothing about Mission Vao being a Jedi..I assumed she was a rogue by the way they explain her personality. OH wait, she IS a Rogue..so yeah...how do you figure she's a jedi,Chosenone? in each Jedis bio, it says "Jedi" her bio doesnt say anything about a jedi.

I believe it was theorised at one point that was a Jedi. In fact, I believe that I also thought that she was a Jedi when I saw her for the first time in a screenshot(the one where she is standing next to Bastilla). More specifically, a post at bioware forums once said that she was a Dark Jedi. (and aye, they were talking about Mission Vao, not Juhani)

It's all merely a misunderstanding, no need to jump all over the thechosenone :p

Yo Burrie,thanks for saving my ass.I guess i got her mixed up with 'aylaa secura' a twilek jedi.I too,think read something of her being a dark jedi or something.I couldv'e sworn i saw her with a lightsaber in some pic.I gotta keep looking.

Ok--at the topic, The latest new screenshots (Gamesdomain and official site) theres a pic of her,in the shadow,shes holding a saber or sword.Ok,ok,its not CSI detective work,but i'll find real proof--somewhere.

About her using a sword, I take it that you're referring to this pic?

93.jpg

It doesn't quite prove that she's a jedi... please note one of the latest additions to the official site...

Vibro Blade

Ultrasonic vibrations make this sword exceptionally deadly, some vibro weapons are made with a rare cortosis weave that makes it resistant to lightsaber sparring damage, ensuring some measure of effectiveness against Jedi or Sith.

She's prolly using one of those "Cortosis blades". They're a nice touch, methinks, this way even the non-Force NPCs will be able to take care of some Dark Jedi scum.

I still don't think any old Joe should be able to take down a Sith or Dark Jedi with a sword. Think of Han Solo or Captain Panaka fighting a Sith with a vibroblade. Or even Boba Fett.

I don't think it would be a pretty site......:p

The swords are pretty cool as you stated, Burrie.

And I must say, these screens are awesome! :D

Thanks for the screenshots,Burrie.

As for Mission Vao,or that blue Twi'lek using a sword,she HAS to be using a cortosis blade.If not it would have been pure suicide as normal blades can NOT fight with a lightsaber!

Originally posted by Lord Glorfindel

Cool new screenies, thanks for sharing, those goggles look like they dim down the suns glare, or another words, big sunglasses

I'd make a bet that they are some sort of goggles like the ones Luke uses in ANH to search for R2D2.

Your comment got me thinking. How do you think Jedi protect their bald heads and skin from sunburn? Force Factor 5?? :D

Archived