69 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your president

• The Spoon
    • Darth Groovy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darklighter

Well, the two mods of the forum are now President and Vice President...so not a lot has been gained through this...still, it showed that people thought they were the best for the job, so...yeah:)

Well,actually...Groovy hired me as his Head of Swampy Defense...

So yeah, it's going to change around here....

Oh gawd, we're screwed!

Originally posted by The_One

I have an idea. Why don't we just not have a President at all?

Go on, hit me.

Pssst, The_One, over here....

*whispers* It was all make believe dude, haven't you ever played "let's make believe as a kid?", it's called escape from reality.*whispers*

I have to admit, I came into this election late, I thought it would be great fun to run up against the contenders. It took me alot of my own funding and alot of politcal stratedgy. I had a great deal of oppostition, some of the strongest candidates ever, obi-wan13, one of my mentors, and creators of one of the strongest communties within LF or anywhere else for that matter. Zbomber, a fair and kind person, who always acts in the best interest of others. Matt Leil, a welll spoken for individual with great knowledge, and commendable talents, Yom, another one of my best buds, a great leader in his own right, and a hell of a cook, whitedragon, a memeber of my staff for themanipulation.com, a great sense of humor, and good freind as well. Acrylic, talented in many more ways than me, MydnightPsion, had alot of strong plans for the Swamp.

I never honestly thought I would be elected, and it brings tears to my eyes that all of you voters chose to believe in me. I serve each and everyone of you from this day forth.

Agen_Terminator, you were a tough running mate, and a great opponent. I look forward to a second election, I feel you more than qualified, and you also deserved to win just as much as myself. You have a great deal of potential.

Anyways, I recounted the votes, in other words... I looked at the poll results and they are still the same as they were yesterday. I even had a second and third opinion, so I guess it was official. I swear in this afternoon, but before I do this, I have an announcement to make. leXX has resigned from the race, and so I will need a Vice President. My first instinct was to go the next chain of command which would be Jedi220. It is not that I don't think he would be good for it, he deserves it, but there is someone I feel deserves it more. I am inviting Tidus Darklighter to be my Vice President. I feel he deserves the title more than anyone, however if he does not accept, there will be no hard feelings, I will always have the highest respect for Darky, he could have easily beaten me in this election, but chose to drop out for personal reasons. Should Tidus decline, Jedi220 shall be my vice president. Anyways I am going to change my custom title and sig now, and I look forward to serving the people of the Swamp and will do my best to act in the best interest of the public. United we stand, divided we fall. The Swamp now belongs to the Democratic Party, and we shall prosper together.

*cue "Hail To The Chief"*

:eek:

Wow...I really don't know what to say, I am gobsmacked. And there's no way I would've beaten you Groovy, you would do the job so mjuch better than I would. You have so much more dedication and loyalty to this place than maybe you even know yourself, and I know you'll do your very best to change things for the better:)

That being said, it is with great appreciation that I accept your generous offer. I would love to be Vice President of this place, and it would be great to have someone so kind and admirable in charge. I still can't believe you picked me, I'm speechless...damn these highly emotional moments:(

Thanks Groovy:)I'll do my very best.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Tyrion is my Secretary of Defense, but I am sure there are postions to be filled, and you will be at the top of my list my freind.;)

Thank man!

damn these highly emotional moments

And remember, theres still 12 or so days of Darklighter Month left! :D

Originally posted by jokemaster

Got a job for me. I could be Secretary of State

ok, and what exactly would you do for these presidents that dont do anything.

Will somebody please tell me why there is even a swamp president, what are his goals and reasons for being president. Is this president going to make my time here on the forums better?

Originally posted by XERXES

ok, and what exactly would you do for these presidents that dont do anything.

Will somebody please tell me why there is even a swamp president, what are his goals and reasons for being president. Is this president going to make my time here on the forums better?

it's called

FUN

;):p:D

"Will somebody please tell me why there is even a swamp president"

Technically, there isn't...

"what are his goals and reasons for being president."

Boredom, sadness and having a new custom title - well, you don't really need to be President to do that, do ya?

"Is this president going to make my time here on the forums better?"

Nope

Boredom, sadness and having a new custom title - well, you don't really need to be President to do that, do ya?

Nope

I'll pretty much echo k star.

Its for

FUN

Originally posted by teutonicknight

What? Only two choices? Where's the green party?

You musta missed the other election, it was with like 11 people and their VP's. Well, it came down to Groovy and Agen.

This thing was for fun I guess, but there is a very serious side to it. I mean it gives the people a chance to decide on what should be changed to do with the forum, what new things they want, and their opinions can be voiced through the President. Groovy is the perfect choice for the job, and he'll do a lot to make sure us Swampies are satisfied:)Is it still alright for me to take the VP position, Groovers?:)

Nope

Ok, I can understand the boredom part, but actually I miss my "Dapper Zabrak" tittle, I just guess that since all these people voted for me, that I could pay them the compliment drawing attention to it. I don't honestly know where you get the sadness from, I am not sad about anything atm.

Darky, you are the big VP now, enjoy!:cool:

Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice

What powers do you have with your positions, Groovy and Darky?

Or is it a just a title. :p

For the trillionth time,

IT IS A JOKE!

It doesn't mean anything, we were just having fun, it's called "let's pretend" nothing more.

;)

Archived