Home

Questions

(Please excuse my ignorance)

What's really going to change in this mod?

Will there be new force powers?

Is there a way to include NPCs in multiplayer games?

Is it possible to have more than one map run in a server (for example, could a player escape to a distant world while his enemy remains somewhere else)?

:horn:

As for your specific questions:

yes, there will be new or improved force powers.

no, there won't be NPCs in MP. That would require a lot of AI work that we don't think it worth the effort at this point.

No, that would require engine changes that we can't do.

You probably get lots of dumb requests like this, but may I suggest you consider including the Darkside force-net power used by the dark jedi in "Star by Star"? It's like a fishnet that covers the target and slowly contracts, cutting the target into chunks of flesh. If you hav'nt read it, I implore you to do so.

Will there be RPG elements? Non linear storyline elements (like thos in Mechwarrior: Online)?

Also, what time-period will this mod take place in? Will you try to stay accurate to the timeline?

:duel:

-PS- Sorry for all the questions, but I am very interested in what you are proposing with this mod.

We're probably sticking with the force powers seen in the movies. The EU stuff tends to make the Jedi overpowered.

Yes, there will be a RPG sort of skills system. We're going to have a open skills (no class restrictions) system with an optional leveling up system based on score.

There's no set time period but I'd say the movie saga time since that's what the mod is based on.

Do you intend to include new models specifically for this mod, or will players be expected to use existing models?

:lurkblast

I only ask because I personally find the default models/skins to be extremely limited for a starwars game.

-PS- Thanks for you're time, I appreciate it.

Archived