Home

Monkey Island 5 Fan Game

I've started working on a Monkey Island 5 Fan Game...not trying to ruin the series, just something to do for fun. But I'm having a little trouble. If anyone's interested in helping out, I need people for the following areas:

Music: I want some great original music for this, as well as remakes of some of the classic themes.

Background and Character Art: If you have any artistic talent at all, and some time to spare, please think about doing some of this.

Jokes, Humor, and Story Suggestions: I already have a basic plotline, but I'd really appreciate some tips and ideas.

Thanks alot, everyone. If you'd like to help, e-mail me at Brazznight625@aol.com or post below.

:newbie:s rule!

but of course, posting only that would be spamming. let me see if i can come up with something constructive...uhhh...hi?

i couldn't really help with your thingy, i have no experience w/anything of the sort. i'm also really busy all day (not, why else would i be on about 3 hours every day?).

but, yeah. you should post your plotline and maybe some of us could throw in a couple enhancements, that's the only thing i'd be able to help with (kind of). cause i do have a semi-ocrely long story.

i'm chock full of ideas!

Well, basically it's just the old LeChuck's back and he wants you dead story again. But I was thinking maybe he should have most of the sidekicks from the previous games (Largo, Pegnose Pete, etc.) with him. I'll tell more to the people who help out, mostly because I'll have to, in order for them to set the right mood. I know I didn't say much here, but any suggestions are still welcomed. I'm also trying to think of a good title, and at this point pretty much anything would work, so please post any that you think of, or email them to me. Thanks.

ok, name suggestions:

monkey island:resurrection.(?)

monkey island: return of the sidekicks.

or (this is kind of ridiculous):

death of monkey island.

these are just a couple that i came up with off the top of my head just now, i'm sure something will come to me.

Well, I found a musician willing to compose the soundtrack. This is one big step for the game, but I'm still looking for artists, and it would be great if someone could help. By the way, thank you for all the name suggestions. This is coming along wonderfully, and as long as everything doesn't go wrong when I least expect it, (as it tends to) I can finish this game smoothly.

That's awesome - - I'd love to help. Please let me help...please! I could make backgrounds and think of puzzles and dialogue, anything, just let me help!

Just be specific - I don't want to do anything wrong. :D

Thanks, from Andy who has too much time

Originally posted by NHJ BV

Wouldn't that violate copyrights?

Yes, but making a MI5 game is just as bad (I read on some other forums that LucasArts have said that they don't want anyone making fan games of their games), so if MadMonkey is going to make an MI5, then copying the character pictures won't make it worse.

Archived