Home

Pazaak

A Dutch interview with the developers once said that Pazaak was pretty much the same as Sabacc(another card game in the SW universe), but I'd take it with a grain of salt. From the top o' of my head, the interview had several mistakes.

I do believe I did see an option of asking a guy in a cantina if he wanted to play Pazaak. And besides if you could only play it on the Ebon Hawk couldnt the droids always beat yo and the wookie might just kill you if he lost.

*chuckle* I certainly hope that Zalbaar will be able to keep his temper somewhat in check.

StarWarsKnights.com would have info on KoTOR??

I would've never guessed that. :p

For all you lazy people (:p) here is the info the site has:

Pazak: A collectible card game that is said to be similar to Blackjack, but with a collectible component to it. I should be similar to the CCG which was first introduced in Final Fantasy 8. You can take part in competitions to win additional cards to enhance your deck!

You should visit the site though! :)

I bet that it's pretty much like that card game in Final Fantasy 8... a completely optional card game which is pretty much played in the entire world/galaxy, in which you can get some extras if you play it well... if you're not interested tho', it can be completely disregarded as well. (which I did in FF8, it didn't capture my attention at all)

I don't think Pazaak would lead to it's own sidequest or anything to that degree.

It could though. Which should be optional, cuz it would suck if the player was forced to go off and do a possibly difficult quest for nothing he/she cared about.

I bet that it's pretty much like that card game in Final Fantasy 8... a completely optional card game which is pretty much played in the entire world/galaxy

Never played FF8 but I agree with the idea behind it. I would probably try it out, then decide whether its fun/worthwile enough to continue playing.

It could though. Which should be optional, cuz it would suck if the player was forced to go off and do a possibly difficult quest for nothing he/she cared about.

I agree with ultimaster here, it might be an optional sidequest as well. It pretty much was the same in FF8, a sidequest which could help you gain several items, but one you could totally ignore.

maybe we'll get the ability to transform the cards into common or rare items like in FF8. that'll make me more interested in it

I hope not... pardon, but transforming a card into a common or rare item belongs in a fantasy world, not in the Star Wars universe, in my opinion.

I suppose that could work... or you could play a card game for items (ie. my heavy repeating blaster for your lightsaber)

Wow. That would be interesting. Now that I think of it, since it is an RPG, they could have an item sidequest like in a Zelda game or whatever. The player does something (recieves a card deck or something) for his troubles and then if he plays and beats the right person, they give him something else.

Its like a puzzle. You have the right item and play the right person, you could win it big.

I also heard/read somewhere that as a backstory, the Ebon Hawk is won in a game of pazaak or sabacc or whatever...

Winning the Ebon Hawk in a pazaak game... aaah, lovely parallel to the movies.

Why not?? There's already a few noticable parallels between the movies and the game. This would make it feel more authentic perhaps.

[edit] We know that the player does not start the game with the ship, because they're shot down out of some Republican cruiser, so where does the ship come from?? I highly doubt the player had it previously, and he just goes home and picks it up. Its more likely a gift, or a stolen ship or something. Or....its won in a heated game of sabbac...I mean pazaak.

I think I didn't make myself quite clear there... with the "aaaaah", I meant more of a "nostalagic sigh". In other words, I'd love it if you won the Hawk in a game of Pazaak... or at least that Davik won it in a game of Pazaak.

Archived