Home

Unleashed figures

Macbeth2k1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought you guys might want to know, the Han, Yoda, and Fett figures are now avalable to preorder from KEBco.com. I ordered mine a few minutes ago.

There are a few other new 3.75" figures avalable too. Mostly classic characters there.

I'd sugest that you DO preorder them now if you're interested. When you predorder, your order is put in a waiting list. First to order first to recieve. So the sooner you order the better. I'm still waiting for my Aayla and Bariss figures cause I waited so long.

Originally posted by daring dueler

z, you definatly have a harder time finding basic figures and delux than i do, since i pick up alot of figures for you

-(goin to wal mart today)

I don't have trouble finding them. I pick you up a lot of figures too. :rolleyes:

Should I get the Unleashed figures or spend the extra and get the Kotobukiya figures? Does anyone know anything about the Kotobukiya figures, their quality, value for money etc? I only know about them because I saw them while browsing Popcorn.co.uk. Here's a link...

http://www.popcornlive.co.uk/starwarsep2subchoice.asp?subsubcat=Kotobukiya+Figures&subcat=Episode+2+Figures

I might be interested in the Clone Trooper figure. I personally like the Unleashed figures better. The action-poses are more 'actiony'. The pictures are kinda low rez so its hard to tell, but those statues don't seem to have as much detail as the Unleashed ones. All that considered and that the Unleashed figures are about 6X cheeper, I wouldn't feel bad missing out on the Kotobukiya figs.

The other thing is that the older Unleashed figs are pretty much only avalable from ebay or a rare website, it'll take some more legwork to get them. I watched the auctions each day and waited for a Buy It Now to appear at the price I was willing to pay.

Thanks. I'll go for the unleashed ones then. :)

I wasn't really into poseable action figures until I bought the Tod McFarlane Matrix Series 1 figures. They just look so awesome that I have to buy more. I'm currently trying to find a Moloko Kusanagi figure from Ghost in the Shell.

I've ordered Anakin Unleashed and Darth Vader (removable helmet) Unleashed. I'll keep an eye on ebay for the rest.

Well, Lexx, The unleashed figs arn't really very poseable. They're more like statues than they are figures. On Mace you can turn his wrist to angle his saber, but that's it. With Anakin you can change out one of his hands to have either 1 or 2 sabers, and the arm on the droid he's killed moves. And Dooku's arm moves up and down, and you can switch out his hand with either his saber or a big wave of Force lightning. But dang they look great.

But really, when were SW figures ever poseable? The new 3.75" figures are pretty stattic. You can move their arms and hands around, but if you want them to stand up their feet have to be in the same place.

If you want high articulated figures, Todd Toys are probably the way to go. That or the new GIJoe figs, but I don't like those as much as the classic ones.

Originally posted by leXX

Should I get the Unleashed figures or spend the extra and get the figures? Does anyone know anything about the Kotobukiya figures, their quality, value for money etc? I only know about them because I saw them while browsing Popcorn.co.uk. Here's a link...

http://www.popcornlive.co.uk/starwarsep2subchoice.asp?subsubcat=Kotobukiya+Figures&subcat=Episode+2+Figures

well, get what you like better, but i know that the Kotobukiya are well worth the price, not posable though.

Yes, as I said in my previous post, I know they are not poseable. I was trying to say 'in a pose' but I used the wrong word. :)

I got the Anakin and Vader Unleashed figures today. I'm very happy with them. I have Mace on the way and I'm keeping an eye on ebay for some others. I'm only getting characters I like though. My display cabinet is looking goooooood. :D

I really want that Luke one in Random's original post. Any idea when it is due out?

"Soon" is all I can say right now. Just yesterday I deleted the email from KEBco that told me when each one was going to become avalable. I'm betting it was Late June or July.

I don't have anywhere to get them reilably, so I preorder online.

Ok I the Kotobukiya Darth Vader! Got it around christmas and cost me £60 from Forbidden Planet.

I think they are awesome almost twice the size of the unleashed figures. They come in pieces and you have to snap them together which is quite fun. I recommend having washing up liquid near by as certain pieces can be a really tight squeeze but at least they dont fall apart!

My Kotobukiya Vader sits proudly next to my Sig Edition MR Saber surounded by unleased figures. Only problem is I have nomore space!

Heh, I know what you mean Hindy. I had to rearrange my computer/Star Wars room to make more space for all my stuff.

I didn't know the Kotobukiya figs were so large. Perhaps I might look into them after I finish my MST3K xvcd collection.

Yeah, I didn't realise they were that big! They sound like good value for money now. I think I will invest in a couple. I wish I knew about that Forbidden Planet a lot sooner. I've been getting my Dark Horse comics and graphic novels from TFAW.

I got my Mace unleashed figure today. I have a question. He is holding his saber using a reverse grip. Does Mace ever use a reverse grip? I don't remember ever seeing him doing it!

Lexx, I know they sell um at Forbidden Planet in Croydon which is south east London, SE25 I think. I dont know about the central London branch as I ve never been there. Depends which is closer.

I could post some pics if you would like to see the scale compared to unleashed figures. They vary in size because they are 1:7 scale of the original suits/ actors.

I never thought about checkin on the web... Shame about Vader being out of stock as it looks the most impressive out of them all. If you want Vader and cant find one I can tell you other places around London where I have seen them.

Archived