Home

A good idea

SD_ReBoRN__

I think it would be a good idea to have In-Game ladders for Jedi Academy, sort of like Age of Mythology did, except there hosted on neutral servers. They could have one for each gametype, and everyone could know where they stand. This would really help the competivitve community.

Something like UT2003 stats?? I'd really like one official ladder, to see where you stand :)

I think a lot of the clan's finest warriors will be surprised to see that they aren't really the best, because there's a lot of talent on public servers...

Originally posted by StormHammer

I liked the stats in UT, so I wouldn't mind seeing something like that. Even local stats would be welcome, to see how well you do with particular weapons, etc. Yeah, it would be nice to see.

I'd much prefer this. I'm really only interested in my personal stats. I'd like to have records like a kills/killed ratio and where you usually rank each time you play.

As for "world rankings", how accurate are they? I haven't played other games that have them, so I don't know. But what happens if the game has a bunch of spammable moves (like backstab, pull/throw, etc.)? If there is someone that just spams one move and gets to the top, is he really the best player? If he is, it doesn't sounds like a game worth playing.

Originally posted by Carnival

every move has a counter...i think its worse if you cant figure a way of beating someone who uses the same technique time and time again...

Fair enough. But is the game fun when there are one or two moves that are very effective? I suppose it is my own opinion, but to me it isn't much fun when you have to counter a couple of moves over and over.

Point taken though.

I'm new to this stat/ladder thing. What's the deal?

Could I simply start my own 36-padawan lvl-stormtrooper-bot FFA and blow the crap out of them for 10 hours straight ending up with stats/a score that no dueler could beat no matter how many years they played without losing a single bout?

How can they keep the stats "real"...as in "the most skilled is #1"? :confused:

Originally posted by SD_ReBoRN__

A ladder is when one player fights another player 1v1. Lets say Im ranked no. 10, and I fight a guy ranked no. 2. If I win I would move to no. 2 and he would move to no. 10 and so on.

I don't really agree with that system. If I was no. 2 and someone beat me (from whatever position), I think I should just move down to being no. 3. And everyone below me should move down one. That seems like a fairer system to me... But that's just me...

Originally posted by StormHammer

I don't really agree with that system. If I was no. 2 and someone beat me (from whatever position), I think I should just move down to being no. 3. And everyone below me should move down one. That seems like a fairer system to me... But that's just me...

Closer to what I was thinking ... if I'm #2 by virtue of my 10,000 kills, and #3 has 4,000 ... I shouldn't drop by a single loss.

Unless it is a duel only system.

I don't play much MP, but I have certainly tired of people (no direct shots are intended against anyone) saying 'I was the #X player in the world'. A centralized system of stats would let you know where you stood in a given game type.

Mike

Yeah, im talking about a duel thing... like have FF Saber Duels, NF Saber Duels, 1v1 FF Guns, 1v1 NF Guns. They could have rankings for each in game. Team ladders would be cool as well. Even if raven didnt include this in the game, would it be hard to make a program that kept track of this kind of stuff?

Archived