Home

How To Get Ur Ideas In Ja!!! Hurry While They're Taking Suggestions

Blademaster_109

Originally posted by Blademaster_109

Please everyone put in the ability to have mixed force powers, light and dark.

Quite frankly I can't picture Jedi would use the Dark side of the Force, nor can I picture a Dark Jedi using Lightside powers.. That's one thing I didn't like with JO actually, that in SP you can use Dark side powers and Lightside powers.. redicoulous.

Using dark and lightside powers would mean that there is no longer the dark and the light side of the force, nor would there be sith or jedi.

Call me old fashioned, but that would kinda ruin the whole point with having "good guys" and "bad guys".

How would you like being gripped by a player using absorb?

This is exactly the thing I fear will happen when/if dev teams start listening to the community ---> HURRY HURRY!! Blurt out all possible ideas you can come up with no matter how retarded they are!!1 Don't Think, just Spam Raven with everything you got and if you don't got anything just make up 27 random suggestions of whatever you think would roXXor like that you wanna be teh Jabba wielding a quadruple edged ninjasaber and be able to fly and walk through walls but teh walls would have to be like jell-o so that enemies can't see where you areandUcouldBreathInsidethewallsOMFGawesome!!"

Originally posted by taekwondo joe

:edit: these are not the real raven forums, its a fan site, the makers of the games arnt looken there, they already said that in another thread

I thought this sounded fishy. Why would Raven take suggestions now? At the time of the official announcement it was indicated that the game was over %70 done. That should put it pretty close to the testing stage.

Assuming that Raven has a pretty standard software lifecycle, all the decisions about what goes in happens at the very beginning in the design stage. Once those decisions are made, they are almost certainly final. The only changes that are usually made are to take stuff out.

The only reason Raven would read a document like that would be for a good laugh :D

Perhaps the thread starter has a connection to some guy at Raven who has promised to read the suggestions..

It's not like "manual blocking" would make it into the game if it hasn't been there all along, but little things just might.

Example: allow the use of longer names. More lightsaber colours.. *cough*A WHOLE NEW FORCE POWER FORCE TELEKINESIS THAT LETS YOU MANIPULATE OBJECTS AND ELEVATE THE GAME TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL *cough* .. 'n stuff. ;)

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Using dark and lightside powers would mean that there is no longer the dark and the light side of the force, nor would there be sith or jedi.

Call me old fashioned, but that would kinda ruin the whole point with having "good guys" and "bad guys".

<snip>

Aw come on ... in these politically correct 'no one is to blame' days, the thoughts of 'light' and 'dark' side are not only racist, they also discriminate against those with syndromes that society is to blame for that makes them grip-and-toss people into bottomless pits ...;)

I saw this on RF a while ago ... I also noticed that the 'JA pics' and 'Gameplay Suggestions' threads combine for ~1400 posts ... so much for anyone being able to read them ...

Mike

Originally posted by Prime

I thought this sounded fishy. Why would Raven take suggestions now? At the time of the official announcement it was indicated that the game was over %70 done. That should put it pretty close to the testing stage.

Assuming that Raven has a pretty standard software lifecycle, all the decisions about what goes in happens at the very beginning in the design stage. Once those decisions are made, they are almost certainly final. The only changes that are usually made are to take stuff out.

The only reason Raven would read a document like that would be for a good laugh :D

Taking stuff out at the end is very typical for a development team with a need to finish ...

Perhaps some people from Raven browse those forums as well as these - well, we know they do - and just check ideas and attitudes. They are too late for the 'manual blocking system' or whatever if it wasn't there already, but they may be able to alter minor things in a subtle way.

But ... perhaps I'm wrong, but I feel that I am just reading more or less the same ideas over and over from the last couple of years.

Mike

this is a good thing raven asking what we may want in the game finally get to say what we want so here i go

Manual Blocking to be selectable (like a option menu feature)

More elegant Saber Combat like a mix of EP II and EP V

A Bullet Time Feature (not speed but to help with combat slowing down time to at 1/2 speed for faster blocking/dodging like a sixth sense for jedi and cultists

Basically i agree with some of the ideas on the ravensoft board and thats it until i can think of newer things

Well, Kyle has both sides because in jk1, he trained as a jedi and mastered the light side (that is, of course if you went the good way). And on Mysteries of the Sith, Kyle went evil and to the dark side. This gave him powers from both sides. Why can't you? Because in this game, you are just starting out as a padawan and have no prior experience with either side. I doubt if they will let you choose both sides either... seeing as how it would probably take some large influence to change the jedi's path from light to dark or vice-versa. Plus, choosing dark/light sides will open for different paths in the single player as well as some stratagey on choosing abilities that best suits you.

Originally posted by MuRaSaMuNe

Well, Kyle has both sides because in jk1, he trained as a jedi and mastered the light side (that is, of course if you went the good way). And on Mysteries of the Sith, Kyle went evil and to the dark side. This gave him powers from both sides. Why can't you? Because in this game, you are just starting out as a padawan and have no prior experience with either side. I doubt if they will let you choose both sides either... seeing as how it would probably take some large influence to change the jedi's path from light to dark or vice-versa. Plus, choosing dark/light sides will open for different paths in the single player as well as some stratagey on choosing abilities that best suits you.

Eh yes you will be able to go to the darkside, there are two different endings... You will go to either the light or the darkside (although it will be possible to stay in the middle) by choosing your forcepowers...

Originally posted by Blademaster_109

To all u ppl who complain about "no more light or dark side" well look kyle has both sides of the force so y can't i.

Ehm, that you could use both the Dark and the Light side in JO SP was rediculous. I mean, you can't use the Dark side and still call yourself a 'true' Jedi. If it would've been like it's gonna be in JA (and like it was in JK), that you chose wich side of the Force your gonna follow, it would been great, but to be able to use both the darkside and the lightside mixed sucks.

Uh...Kyle is a mix of both sides because as a Jedi,he didn't take a formal training about Jedi discipline,thus his fragile consience between the Light and Dark side.

Anyway,I agree with Squater.Having a Jedi to have BOTH light and dark powers would not suck,but also be ridiculous.He would be invincible,Gripping you while Absorbing or Protecting himself.

However,would Raven really listen to us?I don't think so,especially when they're...70% complete?Methinks they won't re-do what they have done just for us...remember,they're doing it for LEC,not the playas.

Originally posted by Toa Tahu

Uh...Kyle is a mix of both sides because as a Jedi,he didn't take a formal training about Jedi discipline,thus his fragile consience between the Light and Dark side.

Anyway,I agree with Squater.Having a Jedi to have BOTH light and dark powers would not suck,but also be ridiculous.He would be invincible,Gripping you while Absorbing or Protecting himself.

However,would Raven really listen to us?I don't think so,especially when they're...70% complete?Methinks they won't re-do what they have done just for us...remember,they're doing it for LEC,not the playas.

That is where I hope they have more of the JK1 feel - implement neutral powers early on, and saber skills, then as you choose your path you get to choose light or dark, perhaps a little of both - Grip level 1 isn't *too* bad, like Luke in Ep VI - before your 'balance swings you one way or the other.

Mike

Archived