Home

Cocytan Interplanetary Auxiliary Language

eloqui

I'm putting out a call for any info relating to the creator's language. One of my hobbies is conlanging, and I think it's about time someone brought some semblance of order to the "gibberish" spoken by the creator.

I especially would like to know if anything about it is mentioned in the Strategy Guide (for I have still to get that book :( ). Also if someone has a saved game that's just before Low first visits the creator, I'd like it. At some stage I'll play my way there, anyway. (Of course, this is to get the transcribed words from the subtitles. I already have the wavs from the resource file thanks to ScummRev. If anyone is aware of how to access the text resources, please tell me; I've had no luck.)

It's an interesting project, since it is a created language within the story, meant for ease of communication between different intelligent beings. By no means can I create a language that would live up to that goal, especially given the starting material, but a more Earth-style Dig language might be nice to have for we fans.

Anyway, Zaarin (if you're still alive) or whomever, once I have some stuff done, I'll send it over and you can publish it on the site, if you want. However, there are no guarantees that this will be in the near future :).

If anyone has any ideas, comments or criticisms, please post them.

• 4 weeks later...

There is absolutely nothing in the Strategy Guide concerning the Cocytans' language. Since there seems to be no record of much effort going into making it, I'm forced to assume that the language is gibberish.

But by no means let that stop you from trying to make sense of it. :)

• 2 months later...

Archived