Home

Long Lost Television

Darth Groovy

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

Bleh, The Prisoner rules everything all of you have posted - combined! :)

It really does, y'know :D

Be seeing you...

Bah! I am not a number! I am a FREE MAN! :D

I caught a couple of episodes some time ago...and er...well, it's just plain weird is what it is. :p

I've actually visited Port Meirion, BTW. It rained. :)

Originally posted by StormHammer

Good to see another Brit who knows what the hell I'm talking about. :D Who was your favourite Doctor? Mine was Tom Baker. ;)

Mine was Tom Baker too;)He seemed just like the stereotypical view of the Doctor, plus I loved the overly-lengthy scarf too, amazing:DThat being said, Peter Davidson and Sylvester McCoy were quite good too, but Baker was my favourite. You remember the remake film they made featuring Paul McGann? It was alright, but nowhere near as good as the original series;)

And who can forget the Amazingly Amazing...Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy series? I'll have a double Pan-Galactic Gargle-blaster, if you please. ;)

I'm sorry, I can't understand a word you're saying Storm, let me insert my Babel fish:pI vote Slartibartfast as the funniest goddamn name I have ever heard:lol:Can't forget to mention the best character of them all...Marvin, the Paranoid Android ^^

"So this is it," said Arthur, "we're going to die."

"Yes," said Ford, "except ... no! Wait a minute!" he suddenly

lunged across the chamber at something behind Arthur's line of

vision. "What's this switch?" he cried.

"What? Where?" cried Arthur twisting round.

"No, I was only fooling," said Ford, "we are going to die after

all."

This is from the book, but the show portrayed the humour so well. Love it!:D

:lol:

I'd forgotten that part... I really must watch it again soon :D

As for other old TV shows, The Avengers, and Mission: Impossible are two aged series I'd love to see aired again... Along with Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), and The Man from UNCLE, I think :D

Posted by Stormy

Bah! I am not a number! I am a FREE MAN! :D

LOL :D

I caught a couple of episodes some time ago...and er...well, it's just plain weird is what it is. :p
Weird? It's so far beyond 'weird' that I don't think we even have a word for it yet XD

And it absolutely rocks ^_^

I've actually visited Port Meirion, BTW. It rained. :)
*creases up*

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! :lol:

Well, what do you expect from our wonderfully wet & green little island? Sun?! :D

Was it worth the visit though, even in spite of the rain? ^_^

Originally posted by Rebel_Spy

•  
  • Manimal

i remember that

it was about a guy who could turn himself into any animal right?

yeah that was a good show

i liked mcguver too, that was funny

Originally posted by Darklighter

You remember the remake film they made featuring Paul McGann? It was alright, but nowhere near as good as the original series;)

I agree. Paul McGann was good...but Tom Baker was the best...and it wasn't the same without the cardboard cutout scenery. :D

I'm sorry, I can't understand a word you're saying Storm, let me insert my Babel fish:pI vote Slartibartfast as the funniest goddamn name I have ever heard:lol:Can't forget to mention the best character of them all...Marvin, the Paranoid Android ^^

Yeah, I loved Marvin. :D

Here I am with a brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to make cups of tea.

And here's a favourite scene...taken from the book, but the series is the same...

"Night's falling," Arthur said. "Look, robot, the stars are coming out."

From the heart of a dark nebula it is possible to see very few stars, and only very faintly, but they were there to be seen. The robot obediently looked at them, then looked back.

"I know," he said. "Wretched, isn't it?"

"But that sunset! I've never seen anything like it in my wildest dreams...the two suns! It was like mountains of fire boiling into space."

"I've seen it," said Marvin. "It's rubbish."

:D

Originally posted by Waccy_Backy

As for other old TV shows, The Avengers, and Mission: Impossible are two aged series I'd love to see aired again... Along with Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), and The Man from UNCLE, I think

Yeah, I remember all of those. :D And more...much more. ;)

Archived