Home

Blue glowies

J.K Luke

RocketPack Jack: If i ever got 2 jedi master, i'd look for other FS people, and help them become a jedi in some remote place where no 1 goes.

that would be very tough to find 2 jedi masters, I believe it would take months to even find 1 jedi master

yeah, but sooner or later, someone is bound to stumble on your little training area, you would have to be nomadic, because even if you killed them, they still know where you were, and they will come with hordes of people who want to kill a jedi.

Originally posted by RocketPack Jack

If i ever got 2 jedi master, i'd look for other FS people, and help them become a jedi in some remote place where no 1 goes.

:duel:

It doesn't work like that, you can't train someone to get a force chossen slot. It is more or less given to you based on the persons actions. And on some randomness. :)

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

It doesn't work like that, you can't train someone to get a force chossen slot. It is more or less given to you based on the persons actions. And on some randomness. :)

Ahem. Not so sure about that. After all, in a recent interview, Q said something like "yes, eventually people will find out what unlocks the force sensitive slot. But until then, we want them guessing!", when he got the question why there has been so little descriptions about the slots.

So yes, there might very well be a few ways that is more likely to grant you a force sensitive slot. I guess it will still take a lot of time, but again, I guess it is far from random...

What i meant was... If i got to jedi master and was killed, blue glowie, etc,etc, i would find other people who were NOT trying to get a FS slot, but already had one, and were starting out the char. I didnt say i was going to train sum1 to get a slot, cos chances are, as set said, i wont even know how i got my FS slot. Is it not the idea that only FS chars can see blue glowies, so i would wander around and eventually sum FS person would follow me and make contact with me.

:duel:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the exact form that Blue Glowies will take? I have been hearing a lot of conflicting information on what they will look like, where they can go, and who can see them and other things. It makes much more sense for Blue Glowies to only be seen by FS characters, but then since FS characters will be so rare, why would I waste my time wandering around as a Blue Glowie? I wouldn't be much of a celebrity if normal people couldn't see or hear me, and wouldn't want to spend my hours wandering around just looking for 1 person who can see me.

[hopeful speculation]Maybe you can choose who can see you?[/hopeful speculation]

It would be really cool if they took their bodily form as they were when they died, but just were all blue and transparent (like Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin in the end of RotJ). This is what I originally pictured. Does anyone have accurate information, preferably from the Devs?

addendum: Also, one more question. If my FS character dies, and I become a Blue Glowie, can I delete my Blue Glowie character and start anew with my FS character slot or is it lost forever?

The more and more I think about it, the more I want to use the FSCS (if i get it) for something else. Having an extra character on the same server has many benefits. One of your characters could be an artisan and your other character could get the materials. This would cut down on a lot of coordinating with other players.

Another thing that I dont think has ever been discussed is if your FSCS only has acces to the Jedi skill tree. What do you think?

Originally posted by Kwebo

Does anyone know the exact form that Blue Glowies will take? I have been hearing a lot of conflicting information on what they will look like, where they can go, and who can see them and other things. It makes much more sense for Blue Glowies to only be seen by FS characters, but then since FS characters will be so rare, why would I waste my time wandering around as a Blue Glowie? I wouldn't be much of a celebrity if normal people couldn't see or hear me, and wouldn't want to spend my hours wandering around just looking for 1 person who can see me.

[hopeful speculation]Maybe you can choose who can see you?[/hopeful speculation]

It would be really cool if they took their bodily form as they were when they died, but just were all blue and transparent (like Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin in the end of RotJ). This is what I originally pictured. Does anyone have accurate information, preferably from the Devs?

addendum: Also, one more question. If my FS character dies, and I become a Blue Glowie, can I delete my Blue Glowie character and start anew with my FS character slot or is it lost forever?

The reason why there is so many contray information on Blue Glowies is that actually, noone knows anything! Most (like, 95%) of what you hear are rumours, guesses or estimates. I doubt (and hope not) that blue glowies is something the devs work on right now, since there are more important and pressing things to fix before that (after all, it's some months into the future after release, since it will take a while to get there).

But no, if you delete your blue glowie, you'll still have the slot. The slot will never be lost, no matter how much you die/remove characters.

Official FAQ

6.17 How do Jedi work?

Your main character does not become a Jedi. Rather, the actions of your main character can unlock an additional character slot which is Force-sensitive. Characters created in this additional slot can then advance through the Jedi skills as well as any of the other skills in the game. Each player account allows for only one potential Jedi slot and the mysterious method to unlock it won't be the same for every player.

6.18 How are you going to keep Jedi rare?

Jedi characters suffer permadeath unless they reach Jedi Master status. You do not lose the Jedi character slot, but the character in that slot is deleted. Upon reaching Jedi Master status, Jedi become "blue glowies" rather than permadying when they die. In order to compensate for deaths that are completely out of control of the player (such as ones caused by network latency) each Jedi will be able to die a couple times before death is permanent. The life of a Jedi is extraordinarily difficult, and successfully making it all the way to Jedi Master should be considered the most difficult challenge in the game.

I suppose that is our best bet for sure information. However speculating is fun :) and I like hearing other peoples' ideas for how Glowies will be implemented.

I'm going to go out on a small broken flaming limb here, but maybe BGs can decide who's FS and who's not. They could have a limit, like 1 person a month, and they could choose to be seen by that person and say "Make a new character". The person goes "Huh", goes to character creation, and tada!, a FS slot. I don't think this would be abused too much, because the people who actually make it to BG status will be smart intelligent RPers (mostly), and wont go around giving random people FS slots.

...I feel this branch starting to give :rolleyes:.

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

I'm going to go out on a small broken flaming limb here, but maybe BGs can decide who's FS and who's not. They could have a limit, like 1 person a month, and they could choose to be seen by that person and say "Make a new character". The person goes "Huh", goes to character creation, and tada!, a FS slot. I don't think this would be abused too much, because the people who actually make it to BG status will be smart intelligent RPers (mostly), and wont go around giving random people FS slots.

That would be a very good idea, and it would probally fit in. :) Good idea Jack, nice thinking. :D

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

Actually, it sounds pretty good! But, people being people, I think there is a large chance for abuse whenever you make a person (as opposed to a "system") act as a "gatekeeper" to content that is that important to many people in the game.

The only other real problem I would have with it is that it doesn't really follow the "mythos" of Star Wars. I don't believe that deceased Jedi Masters were ever responsible for making other people become Force Sensitive (but I haven't read a *large* portion of the extended universe books, so I could be very wrong about that).

I know that as a player I wouldn't be very happy if my "key" to become force sensitive was to convince some other person to click the magic button for me. Particularly when that "person" represents merely a fraction of 1% of the playerbase. That would be a show-stopper for me. I don't mind AT ALL having to work for the better part of (if not more than) a year to unlock the FS slot. But I would mind having to convince another person to "let" me use it.

Whats so bad about being a glowie? You can't be seen, you can't be heard, you see everything, you hear everything! Your the ultimate spy! An enemy PA haveing a meeting? Well, log onto your glowie and hope right in. You can travel about, find some great hunting places safly with your glowie then return with your norm char and badda bing. This is all considering you can create another char on you glowies server.

true, you could be a spy for a PA.....just waltz into their base, since you are immortal..and take screen shots/copy down what kind of defences they have or even jot down what they are planning on doing. This could prove to be valueable information. You can easily send the screen shots over the net.

err... talking about blue glowie, can it pass thru solid object? It will have to do that in order to penetrate enemy building as I believe there'll be a security measure(locked doors) in any enemy bases, in which the member can open it, but not outsiders...

Originally posted by J.K Luke

err... talking about blue glowie, can it pass thru solid object? It will have to do that in order to penetrate enemy building as I believe there'll be a security measure(locked doors) in any enemy bases, in which the member can open it, but not outsiders...

Blue glowies will probally have some kind of restriction, they might have to stay in a certain area. :eek:

Maybe when u become a blue glowie u get to visit a hidden jedi temple which can't be travelled to and doesn't have fixed co-ordinates :)

Then all the glowies can sit off in the gardens and chill or sit in the meeting room cross legged sharing words of wisdom :rddance:

Originally posted by Obi Peg

Maybe when u become a blue glowie u get to visit a hidden jedi temple which can't be travelled to and doesn't have fixed co-ordinates :)

Then all the glowies can sit off in the gardens and chill or sit in the meeting room cross legged sharing words of wisdom :rddance:

I was thinking something similar to that, and if they walk away from the temple. They may lose enerygy, and they got to go back to the temple to recharge. :)

Archived