Home

Cantina Part 10: The Dawning

Deac

*RH Irvine stands on the ramp of the cargo door, as he remote pilots his ship down along with the disks.*

RH Irvine: *Glaring back at Cracken.* "Listen here old man, believe it or not the only way I even know you is by my name, propaganda, and actual documentary about you. As far as anyother times in my life where I was in physical contact with you, I was far too young to remember." *Turns back at the others.* "Now that I got that off my shoulders, I re-send my offer, becuase definately a ship flying around that appears to be more of a civilain carrying feighter then an actual fighter like mine really is, wouldn't[/i] be as 'noticeable' espcally with this panic, as apposed to 7 or 8 people hovering around on translucent disks."

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((On the contrary, Irvine is not at the tower:

*RH Irvine stands on the ramp of the cargo door, as he remote pilots his ship down along with the disks.*

it could use some gammer change, but still ^_^))

Deac: So where are we to find Kvana? I take it he's who we're after here.

*Deac looks out at the devestation, and begins to weep as he sees a group of Atredian honour guard carry a coffin away from where Orthos died*

Gilian: You do not comprehend the forces you are dealing with. I suggest you leave the action to those who do.

*The glider speeds up and flies off*

Rwos: *to Cracken* If I had to make a guess, I'd say we were heading in the direction of one of Coruscant's libraries...I've visited there once or twice myself. *He looks grim at the sight of Orthos' funeral procession*

*Fused Irvine make sit up to the top level.*

Twin Irvine Voice: "You let them get away!"

Fused Irvine: "No, you let them get away by stalling me!"

Twin Irvine Voice: "We did nothing of the sort, we do not control your movements, unless you'd like that to change?"

Fused Irvine: "What the F**k? You're nuts."

Twin Irvine Voice: "At least I'm not talking to myself."

*Fused Irvine sees a shattered mirror with a few images of himself, only three pieces he can make out himself...*

*In one piece he sees himself, normaly. He peers into another one, this time a more pieceful and more innocent and confused version of himself. Lastly he looks into a thrid piece, himself but with a snearing twisted grin on his face.*

*With these images he becomes confused and freaked out at this experence.*

*Cracken nods* Well, while we're on route, what can you tell me about this dimension rifts, and can you gander a guess on how i survied the explosion of teh Crimson Star II, and based off of that, where is my daughter?

*Cracken shook his head, his temples throbbing worse... What happened when i shifted back into this reality.... *

*Deac gestures down to Orthos' procession*

Deac: I should be down there. But I will attend his funeral. Rwos, when this is over, I'm going after Reletha. Orthos dying wish was that the Darkstar line end now, and that's what I'm going to do after I've given this b****** the slow death he deserves.

((OOS: Whoa. Major red flag. That would quite certainly be godmoding, BD - it's also quite a leap from being able to 'smash two Star Destroyers together'. Flax is a Jedi, not a god (or Aege ;)).

Also, I don't think I quite understand. Scar's character can't vaporize your Knights, yet your character can make a sun go supernova with a thought? o_O

Also Gilian flew away...and you didn't mention Flax following...

btw: I'm also surprised you didn't have Flax call Gilian on her supposed "expertise" on a planet she's ony been on a few weeks ;)))

Coruscant

Rwos: *to Cracken* ...What? Dimensional rifts? You survived the Crimson Star II exploding?

Starr: I was meaning to explain...the other Blade I spoke of. He and another created the Vanguards that I'm sure you've heard of. Cracken and Alys were inside the Crimson Star II fighting them when it exploded.

Rwos: He created the Vanguard?

Starr: Yes...and he incorporated some sort of dimensional teleportation technology. At least, that was what I understood from the thoughts of his I could read. He knew something about a "dimensional disturbance" that occured when the CSII blew up.

Rwos: *realizing* This is how Cracken and Alys survived?

Starr: I thought as much. But...*looks at Cracken* You haven't told me. How did you get back here? And why can I sense Alys like I was sensing you...but you alone have come back?

----------

Ulna Shardes

*Farran, Artemis and a plethora of droids have rapidly gutted Farran's sanctuary. The contents were being loaded into a large, unusually-shaped transport that appeared something like a spider made of rectangular blocks*

Farran: We're leaving here. As fast as possible. To where...well, I don't know that, yet...

*to Starr and Rwos*

it was odd. i could sense Alys, but for some reason, i coullnd't get to her. I awoke in a white enviroment, only to find this little insolent girl, who kept taunting me. Starr can elaborate to you what happens when insolent people taunt me. but that's beside the point. She brought me here, leaving me with only more questions, ones which i thought you *points his finger at Rwos* could answer. Why was i brought back, and not her? how can i find her, and....why am i suddenly "blessed" if you will, with powers beyond the Force?

...were headed in the opposite direction of...

*turns to Gilian* you're headed to one of the minor libraries. turn around and go to the Jedi Archives. It has a larger store of information dating back to the begining of teh Old Republic.

*aside, quietly, in a mild mocking tone* Mr. i know everything about this planet....

((Redwing, the ability to do something and the willingness are two very different things. Flax wouldn't blow up a star for several reasons.

1. The amount of concentration it would take would require weeks of uninterupted meditation.

2. It would most definatly be a dark side act.

3. It would probably kill him.

Sith have been known to destroy stars, it happened in TotJ, I believe.

As to Scar not killing the knights, that was an RPG issue, I'm perfectly happy that it would have been within the bounds of his character's power.

While we're on this, Flax could have killed Sertmor and Vertmor quite easily, all he would have had to do was to force push them agaist a wall and decapitate them. Hal could have used a concussion rifle on the army of vamps. I could have vetoed Kvana's re-activation of the shields. Since the overload causes a blowout and the componants usually have to be replaced, or backups brought on line while they cool down.

At any rate I will be with drawing from this RPG at the earliest oppatunity, since it has just become a mess of god moding, counter godmoding and total codswollop.))

Dissclaimer: I do not exclude my self from the final statement, call me when Deac goes after Reletha and you've gotten rid of all the Vamps and Wizards. Leave that in the fantasy RPG's, this is Star Wars.

[unfortunatley, I'm inclined to agree. So this is how it's gonna go: After Kvana goes down, no more spellbooks, vampires,mages or AVATARS. Godmoding is gradually swamping a once-simple thread.

I mean, when was the last time we were even on Tatooine? Cantina part 8!]

*Deac sits, waiting to arrive at the location*

((My vamps have the ability to get out of that situation of being thrown at a wall in several ways. and last to my recolection vampires can even move faster then those concussion rifle shots. but it wouldnt matter much, cus after Kvana did the sun block-out spell, they were all weak anyway, accept for Sertmor and Vertmor, whom of course, died afterwards by Vorador's soul inside the Reaver, which Deac now holds.))

*A voice speaks to only Deac, eminating from the Reaver.*

Reaver: "Starkiller, if it does mean it much to you, use me to kill that 'Reletha'. With me I can create the most painful experence in dieing, and during afterwards for the soul itself..."

----------

Fused Irvine: *staring at the broken mirror* "What is this?"

Reflection of himself: *his voice* "Nothing, turn away, and don't listen to them, they are weak."

Reflection of himself snearing: *dual voice* "We are far from weak. We are what can give you powers beyond even a Jedi's comprehension."

Reflection of himself: "Lies!"

Reflection of himself snearing: "Really? How so? We aren't holding you back Irvine, it is you. Allow us to be, and this power we speak of will be yours..."

Reflection of himself in disparation: *Younger voice* "Don't listen to both of them! They both want too much power! We aren't suppposed to be together like this! Don't let it be!"

*Fused Irvine grabs his own head by the temples has his head begind the throb.*

Twin Irvine voice: "YOU KNOW IT TO BE TURE! YOU KNOW! YOU KNOW!! AH HA HA HA HA!! YOU KNOW IT! YES YOU DO!!!"

Fused Irvine: "Aaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!"

------------

RH Irvine: *Yelling to the group.* "Hey, there's something very twisted coming fromt hat tower we were in. It's like... Wow, it feels like someone's going nuts over there..."

((A mage is basically a jedi. The same can be said about the Force and Magic. Each are slightly different but in essence the same thing.

I do hope that after this plot line this RPG doesn't revert back to the hackneyed plots. Such as: Oh god this group made another superweapon. Let's hurry and plow through legions of Storm Troopers and blow it up.))

*Hildr stands as the Fighter approaches and eventually hovers by her tower. Opening a hatch she steps in. Greeting the pilot (another Valkyrie), she sits and straps herself in.*

Hidlr: Follow that group until the others are ready to leave

*The hatch closes as the fighter begins pursuit of the group. A fair amount of distance lay between them*

Better hack plots than stupid plots. This RPG has become too convaluted, there are too many characters, too many threads. I've got nothing against Vampires but if they can just appear anywhere using a spell then the whole thing sucks. My idead was withdraw all the military and the affulant and then turn the Capital into an apocaliptic underworld. Our heros must survive in a now practically lawless and decididly hostile world.

The whole storline has turned into a pissing contest.

1. Scar indroduces Vampire.

2. Vampire goes to Coruscant, goes to Library and manages to find what he's looking for despite coming from a planet that neither reads nor speaks basic.

3. Vampire creates dozens of followers in space of hours.

4. Scar tries to turn Jedi.

5. I have to turn Flax into the leader of an acient Vampire hunter's cult, since no-one els has a clue. At this point I'd like to point out that if it wasn't for Flax and Co Vertmor would be ruling the planet and Deac and co would be running scared; since it took so long for Redwing to come up with something.

6. Scar revives tow more Vamps, one controlled by Redwing, in order to bring about an apocalipse.

7. In order for our heros to understand at all who they are up against I bring in the imortal Vampire hunter, and his Vampire Ex, just for interest.

8. Escalating pissing contest.

9. All semblance of plot goes to facilitate said contest.

10. Redwing comes up with blocking out the sun, WTF?

11. Cracken and I try to counter, arse wipping.

12. Even more rediculess pissing.

13. Sun blocked.

14. Flax thrown off a 15km high sky scraper.

15. We can't blockade the planet because they'll just leave through a hole in space.

16. That brings us up to speed.

Now I know I've done some of the pissing but we really should try and keep some sort of grip here.

Oh, Scar, how will a Vampire resist the limitless power of the force holding him to a wall. The only way is to counter it with the force. Since the Vampires are dead flesh they cannot use the force.

Something everbody has lost track of:

The Jedi are the greatest in the universe, at everthing. You cannot better them, some Vampires certainly don't stand a chance, not against a fully trained and pre-pared Jedi Kinght.

If you don't agree with me I suggest you stop using Star Wars as a platform for every "cool" idea you come up with. This applies more to Scar than anyone else. Redwing has an excuse, his characters come from a different dimention.

((Resist equals minor teleportation that I believe that I had specified when I listed some of the abilities that my race of vamps have.

And for the record NOT ALL JEDI ARE PREFECT!! Not only that you're also talking about a Post-Galatic Civil War era, in which the New Jedi Order (which I'm not sure its filly in this RPG or not) was rebuild by Luke, whom wasn't fully trained (I think this one's obvious). Frankly I could care less about being given a history lesson about it.

I based Vertmor on a cross between Anna Rice's vamps and Legacy Of Kain vamps. While a fledgeling vampire would be quite weakend when he turns a human into a vampire, a much, much older one can turn quite a few. That number can vary, due to which ever or not if the Vampire had fed or not between turnings.

The whole turning Jedi into Force Vamps, I dumped. I never got anywhere with it.

And as for Vertmor does or does not speaking Basic, that was never specified in neither c8/c9 or Mrear or Mrear 2. And that goes for the same as any character the came from Mrear.

And yes, I think it is agreed universely that new ideas other then mystical creatures should be in the next 'doomsday'. Fankly I'm attempting so with my very own Fused Irvine becoming a complete nut, who else has something, minus whats going on with Cracken.))

((No offense BD. The Jedi are not the greatest in the universe at everything. They may be one of the leading powers in the universe but they are not the leading power. My Aesir can definetly stand toe to toe with them and do just fine.

Furthermore the Force may be boundless but the Jedi are not. This has been shown so many time in different books even in the movies. To say so is to make you characters demigods.

Hack plots are incredibly stupid. WHat is the fun of doing the same thing 10 times over? What Red did was try to do something new and interesting.

What makes you the expert on Star Wars? Just because you don't like something means it can't be based upon SW?

In the end this really mounts down to you and Scar having a pittyful childish fight))

((OOS: Sigh.

Firstly: I'm not exactly making this up as I go along. The reason I keep doing things so slowly is because A) I'm not the most competent person in the world (;)) and B) I'm trying to avoid godmoding at all costs. And no one else seemed to want to come up with anything. (Except Scar, but...well.)

Redwing, the ability to do something and the willingness are two very different things. Flax wouldn't blow up a star for several reasons...

I'm sorry, then; I took it to be something added to his Roster of Powers. Especially since you said "with a thought". ;)

While we're on this, Flax could have killed Sertmor and Vertmor quite easily, all he would have had to do was to force push them agaist a wall and decapitate them. Hal could have used a concussion rifle on the army of vamps.

I don't know about the former, but I had something planned for the latter. I did alot of planning. Which I get no credit for ;P

I could have vetoed Kvana's re-activation of the shields. Since the overload causes a blowout and the componants usually have to be replaced, or backups brought on line while they cool down.

They didn't necessarily overload; they could have been shut down and reactivated. Besides, as I recall it only happened once (perhaps twice)

Vampire goes to Coruscant, goes to Library and manages to find what he's looking for despite coming from a planet that neither reads nor speaks basic.

The books were not in Basic. I clearly stated that Kvana found the books by sensing them, and via a spell revealed their true content.

At this point I'd like to point out that if it wasn't for Flax and Co Vertmor would be ruling the planet and Deac and co would be running scared; since it took so long for Redwing to come up with something

At the point you've mentioned I believe my characters were running around trying to save Deac/start a subplot with the Shadows. So?

Redwing comes up with blocking out the sun, WTF?

It's new and different, and actually constitutes a threat. You know the good guys are gonna win in the end anyway. Why let them be confident of that?

Flax thrown off a 15km high sky scraper.

Flax wasn't the only one. Besides he could've easily survived. I wasn't trying to insult you by doing that.

We can't blockade the planet because they'll just leave through a hole in space.

So? This sounds like something your characters should be mad about...why are you upset about it?

The Jedi are the greatest in the universe, at everthing. You cannot better them

Then why, unless you're Corran Horn, can the Jedi not defeat everything as soon as it pops into existence? How were the Jedi defeated in the Star Wars movies? Show me where in the Star Wars universe it says that the Jedi rule as gods...

I've got nothing against Vampires but if they can just appear anywhere using a spell then the whole thing sucks.

First, no they can't. Something you forgot, I think, is that vampires cannot enter a living mortal's habitation without being invited in. So no, Kvana cannot teleport anywhere.

As for the the good guys having a hard time, why is this a problem? I generally try to make the Bad Guys more powerful than the Good Guys, so it's more effective when they (the Bad) get their asses kicked. If the Good Guys are the Ultimate Powers in the universe, what's interesting about them winning?

This entire apocalypse was created for four reasons:

A) Deac wanted the group together again.

B) I planned it so that it would be open enough for everyone to create their own material, but so there was a plot left to take place if no one wanted to.

C) Cracken wanted an interesting plotline for his character.

D) Certain people were descending into a pit of boredom back when nothing was happening.

I wasn't making this up as I went along, you know. Although the only person I discussed it with was Admiral, as he has Instant Messenger, and no one else replies to Private Messages :( [besides Scar]

Deac:

Once Kvana is dead, everything he brought with him (spellbooks, etc) will be gone. The spellbooks were there to make Kvana a tangible threat. I wasn't planning to keep this going on forever anyway. Same with my vampires - I wanted them for PtH and Mrear (with the exception of Gilian) not this RPG, at least not forever. Tho you'll have to talk to Scar about his vampires ;)

Tatooine? Well, I do realize the name of this thread is Cantina. Why do you think I was having it rebuilt? ;)))

Rwos: *to Cracken* I have...no idea. However it's very possible you were in another dimension at the time. I don't know who the girl is, but I'll use all my resources to find out what I can...

As for your powers...I, well, I don't know. I can sense them, yet I don't know what exactly they are. I sense them in the same way I can sense magic, but it's definitely not magic. But I am completely Force-blind, so it can't exactly be the Force...

Gilian: *to Cracken* Be quiet. I'm heading to where the spellbooks rested. I don't know or care if it's even a library. *grumbles* The people in this galaxy...

*The glider lands. Sure enough it's in front of a library*

Gilian: The traces are in here.

*She walks into the library. It is empty except for a few droids*

Rwos: This is one of Coruscant's largest libraries. But until the vampires showed up, there wasn't any magic active in this dimension. How could magic spellbooks have ended up here?

*A voice comes from a balcony* A very good question.

*The group looks up to see a demon in a tattered cloak just above them. Only his face was visible through the hood. It was heavily scarred, and beige-toned. Besides that it appeared almost human. Almost*

Demon: Hello, champions. Aren't you going to ask me who I am?

edited because "Messages" does not start with an "N"

Archived