Home

Sam And Max 2

Am I in the minority for thinking that the CONCEPT art for LucasArts games looks better than the 3d product they eventually become? I wish both Sam & Max 2 and Full Throttle 2 were going to look like the concept art posted. 3d is not the suitable, perfect answer for every game.

The character models might be a bit so-so, but at the same time they have some charm too. I like the backgrounds from what I've seen so far. The most important part though, is that the trailer is hillarious - if they keep that feel in the game, it could very well be a winner.

I honestly don't understand why LucasArts would sabotage their most creative games, (the Graphic Adventures,) by forcing them to all be 3d. The last monkey island was a big letdown because the characters didn't look right anymore. They were on to something big with MI3, and then they have simply abandoned it. Now, unfortunately, all the new screenshots look the same. Boring and lifeless. This type of game simply doesn't call for 3d. It's not an action game. It's a comedy adventure that relies heavily on characterization. I wish I could make my voice heard to the brass at LA and let them know how disappointed I am.

Originally posted by fijix

I honestly don't understand why LucasArts would sabotage their most creative games, (the Graphic Adventures,) by forcing them to all be 3d. The last monkey island was a big letdown because the characters didn't look right anymore. They were on to something big with MI3, and then they have simply abandoned it. Now, unfortunately, all the new screenshots look the same. Boring and lifeless. This type of game simply doesn't call for 3d. It's not an action game. It's a comedy adventure that relies heavily on characterization.

I can see your concern and I agree about MI4 but this game looks much better than that. Even though this was a really early preview I thought that the characters were totally ok. Max looked really funny and not lifeless at all when he jumped up and down on the burglar.

But gaaah! I hated the "shut up and dance"- joke. Really cheap!

Originally posted by TheBlueFlamingo

Why is everyone so worried about the 3D? Grim Fandango was in 3D and it was amazing. Though everyone is use to 2D adventures, they are old and I found them really restricting, and they looked to damn boring, everything already drawn out.

i 100% disagree! cmi looked 100x better than efmi, because the characters are all cartoony and stylised and only work in a cartoon environment. when they try to make them more 'realistic' in 3d they just look a bit silly...

i agree grim fandango was amazing in 3d but that's because it was designed in 3d. sam and max wasn't and full throttle wasn't. (i have to say sam n max looks cool ^_^ but i'm not so sure about full throttle :( )

but at least sam and max is still an adventure game. they seem to be turning full throttle into a tomb raider *sniff* :(

• 4 weeks later...

Archived