Home

How about a Swampie Chess tournament?

Agen

I was thinking that it would be a good idea to have a chess tournament between the swampies. I mean, there are plenty of ways we could, for example the zone - a simple way of playing chess on the internet with hardly any fuss :)

Is anyone with me? :)

Originally posted by C'jais

The Spoon is the local Chess Champion in Scotland.

I wish :D

so er... who de we have who wants to participate in the tournie?

Me

Greedo

Thrackan??

Jed

Cjais

Darkie??

Wid like confirmation :D

Chess? I'm good at Chess. I have come oh so close to beating my 8th grade teacher who kicks butt at the game, but the bell rang! :mad: I would have won... I had a queen, bishop, and rook and he had a pawn or two... :rolleyes:

Count me in. Do they have SW Stratego? That game owns!

• 6 months later...

BIG BUMP

(why: wanted to make a topic about chess but first searched and found this one)

(if you want me to make another topic instead with reference to this one instead of bumping other threads then lock this one)

I like chess and this is a very good idea, only we need to have one site and all that..There are various ways of playing chess (zone, yahoo, msn 6 (it's a plugin), java game sites..) i tried them all and this is DEFINETELY the best

PLAYCHESS

Why is it the best? Well in stead of browsers and all that it's actually a program (only MP games), from Chessbase, the leading Chessnews site, chess database (hundreds of old games can be seen there) and best chess programs (Fritz, Hiarcs..) On PlayChess you finally have a decent board (almost all sites have an ugly board, Zone beeing the leader in that), anti cheat protection (it spots if you use a chess program and deletes your elo then) etc. It's all so simple and great for organising tournies since there are tournie rooms and all that, here are two little screenies I made

board:

game.jpg

Room with all the players and all that:

scherm.jpg

Other reason why it's superior:

From time to time Grandmasters come and give trainings, like last friday some GM held a traning about sacrificing pieces for positional advantage. All completely free (you can also play against grandmasters but then you have to pay a little som, this is for the real freaks :p)

You can play as guest to anyone, but then you can only chat to other guests, if you register (is very quick) you get ELO and can chat to anyone. Playchess is very good, I actually found this one when i was tired of zone (too easy and hidious board) If everyone got playchess we might get this tourny rolling :)

Archived