Home

WIP: Another Link (Legend of Zelda)

Antizac

link_wip.txt

Well, I'm impatient, as some of you should have figured out by now. So, I'm making my own Link.

Although he completely sucks, compaired to Matt Liell's - this will just have to be a temporary solution until he finishes his. All this really is, is a reshape of the JediTrainer (I don't claim to be a good modeller - infact, I'm not.) but I will be adding a belt and shield and (maybe) sword.

I'm just about done with the weights - just the added accessories, mentioned above, and he should be all done...

Comments?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very nice, I think his eyes are a little bit huge, and his tights on his legs are a bit baggy

if you're going for the more real life look rather than anime like, ignore the rest of this post:

I think his ears need to be longer and he needs more poof in his hair, know what I mean? and maybe more muscles

I was going for a crossover of Realism and Anime - so, I didn't want to make his hair and ears too big. (And it looked wierd when I did do it.)

Besides, I wanted to see if I could get the mouth and eyes working, rather than making a solid face. So, I can't distort his face too much, or it won't work...

Well, that's my excuse, anyway. ;)

I wanted to see if I could get his face to use the animation bones - so I am a bit limited with the face and stuff...

Besides, from all the artwork I've seen, Link really doesn't have a definite look to his face.

...If it doesn't workout in the end, I'll re-shape it to a "full-anime look". But either way, if I get around to it, I'll make the ears a bit bigger - and maybe the hair.

Anyway, as requested, here's a couple close-up shots...

link_wip2.txt

link_wip3.txt

Originally posted by Tupac.

So when exactly is this going to be released?

IT'S FREAKING AMAZING MAN!

Good work, I can't believe I didn't think about tweaking up the jedi trainer ;-;

Well, At the rate I'm going - I should have this done by the end of the month for sure...

I like to import JO models, and build off of them, because I'm horrible at modeling humanoids, and I also don't have to do any UVMapping - Which I still don't know how to do correctly.

Ok, update time:

I finished the Master Sword and the Hylian Shield - within 1 day...

Check it out:

link_ss_showcase2.txt

link_ss_showcase1.txt

As of right now I'm attaching the shield to the Link model...

Comments?

this is looking great... i have been waiting for a Link model for ages... i think you got down the look of link... even know he changes soo much throughout all the diff games... i like the orcania link the most though... like you chose... i hope to see this soon and i think its great what you are doing...one thing i dont think u should put the master sword on the skin due to a master sword hilt being out their look kinda funny to have the sword in the sheith while also in ur hands... just a suggestion... later

Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

nice job on the sheild and sword, there any sheild mods out?

No, but I do believe that it's possible by tweaking the MP source, you can have some sort of shield blocking. But I could make a seperate model with the shield attached to his arm...

Originally posted by DanTheTrooper

...one thing i dont think u should put the master sword on the skin due to a master sword hilt being out their look kinda funny to have the sword in the sheith while also in ur hands... just a suggestion... later

Yeah, I decided that before I even made the Master Sword.

It would look too wierd on the model, when he moves anyway - So, I'm just going to release it as a seperate mod along with Link...

Well, I havent been on the forums in about 4 months or so :p . All my projects are basically dead.

Anyway, The Link looks awesome! I uninstalled my JK2 but with kewl models like these comin out...i might have to put it back on!

And I've been wondering, who is that in your avatar? It looks like some sort of skin or model...and looks kewl.

Originally posted by Tupac.

Yo Ant, Just a question, could you make a model of link without the hat on as well, and the shield not connected, that would be bad ass.

I sure could try...

...I could just make extra hair and make it as removeable mesh on the same model...

For Example:

SurfOff head_hat, torso_shield

surfOn head_xtra_hair_off

Would give you a Link with No hat, and no shield, and he'd have extra hair where the hat was...

Originally posted by bleek

...Anyway, The Link looks awesome! I uninstalled my JK2 but with kewl models like these comin out...i might have to put it back on!

And I've been wondering, who is that in your avatar? It looks like some sort of skin or model...and looks kewl.

That's good to hear. =)

As for my avatar - that's my head on a model that I'm working on, for, what is supposed to be my primary JO project.

I should have some in-game shots of Link in a day or two...

Originally posted by Antizac

I sure could try...

...I could just make extra hair and make it as removeable mesh on the same model...

For Example:

SurfOff head_hat, torso_shield

surfOn head_xtra_hair_off

Would give you a Link with No hat, and no shield, and he'd have extra hair where the hat was...

That's good to hear. =)

As for my avatar - that's my head on a model that I'm working on, for, what is supposed to be my primary JO project.

I should have some in-game shots of Link in a day or two...

Thanks alot man! This is going to be sweeeet.

Ok, here's a few compiled screenshots, showing Link in game, reskinned, and with the Red & Blue CTF skins...

link_showcase1_sm.txt

^ Click for a larger image...^

So, far he works perfectly, just a few minor glitches - like his arm goes right through his shield at times, and I haven't finished his hand bones (his fingers are solid). But aside from that, he works... And I'm also, happy to say that I was able to get the facial animations to work on him. So, just those last few things, the sword strap that goes across his chest, and re-modeling the boots to look more Kokirish. (and If I can, the feature Tupac mentioned.)

Comments?

Looks good! I think the shape of the eyes is fine, but the pupils (black part) need to be larger. Right now they're like super tiny-sized... unless he's looking directly at a ultra-bright light all the time, they shouldn't be that small.

Should be a simple enough fix. Keep up the nice work!

Originally posted by Eldritch

Looks good! I think the shape of the eyes is fine, but the pupils (black part) need to be larger. Right now they're like super tiny-sized... unless he's looking directly at a ultra-bright light all the time, they shouldn't be that small.

Should be a simple enough fix. Keep up the nice work!

Lol, Another thing, the first picture of him standing in the red ctf skin, kind of looks like a nerd >.>

and i think the thing causing it is the shields too small, but SHIZ! IT'S AMAZING:eek:

Perhaps you could make a small beta for someone say...i don't know......(tupac) well gtg :p

sweet dude sweet..... wow maybe if u want.... make a white version of him.... (Super Smash Bro Style) i know that may be a lot of work just a suggestion man he is looking kick @$$... wow i really want to try that skin out.... i wonder what you have going for taunts though.... maybe if u could find clips from the old TV show way back when or something... well keep up the good work:atat:

Well, I'm going to need someone to rip sounds from the game somehow, because Don't have any way of doing it...

I suppose I could chage the pitch on the jedi trainer's voice until he sounded like Link, but that would be stupid.

Can anyone find sounds or get me sounds of Link?

Archived