Home

Star Wars : Deception (Take Two)

Shadriss

Well, I've started again. With Commenor over and done with, I puttered around doing nothing for a while. Then, I decided to go back and try SP again.

SOme may recall what happened last time - a corrupted map file. Well, as you can imagine, the first thing I did was make back ups of everything. :)

It's the same name : Deception. But there, the resemblance ends. I've been working on it for about a week and a half, and, to this point, have completed a new opening menu screen, a fully scripted opening cinimatic, implementation of dynamic music, a new scrolling text at the beginning, and made it a fully working mod. (whew!)

For complete details on story, characters, and the like, I direct you to the projects site : http://swdeceptioncom.moonfruit.com

Now, all that said, I do have to warn that this project, while it will be COMPLETED, may not reach that point anytime soon. WHy? Because I'm US Navy. FOr the last year (since the game came out) I've been in a school on shore, so I had time to map and such. As of this June, I'm moving to Norfolk, Virginia, and being assigned to another sea-going command. Time will not be as plentiful. (Reports on progress may be nonexistant for periods of up to 6 months!)

WOrst case, this gets released for JA instead of JO. (Darn.)

Well, enjoy what I have.

I guess this campaign will include lots of ships... Spaceships, that is. And I don't know if it matters, if your level is released for JA instead of JO. I'm hardly wrong, if I bet many people here will buy that one also.

Ships? RIght now, the script for Episode One doesn't call for any, really. *shrug* We'll see what happens, I guess.

Thanks again for the initial interest. If there are any questions/comments/complaints about anything on the site or relating to the story elements, feel free to post them... I may not ANSWER them if it reveals too much of the plot specifics, but by all means ask them. I dont want obvious flaws in reasoning (mine or yours) to find thier way into the final product.

Update :

First, I have the voice overs and new scripting done for the opening cinematic, and, thanks to Leslie Judge, also have them with subtitles.

Second, also thanks to 6 hours of collaberation with Leslie, I managed to figure out how to script an working elevator. (WOOHOO!)

No new screenshots yet, but there should be some soon. In addition, I have two skins almost finished, and they should be up soon as well.

Oh, and Iassav? I map to get away from the Navy... PLEASE dont bring those (insert favorite explitive here) people into this? Please? :)

We have an image? Oh yeah...

Ok, Belay my last! After a scant session of 10 seconds, we figured out not only how to implement scripted elevators, we also figured out how to bring about world peace (It involves VCRs) and found a simple way to produce cold fusion (involving a rubber band, some heavy water, and a zippo lighter).

Originally posted by Shadriss

Ok, Belay my last! After a scant session of 10 seconds, we figured out not only how to implement scripted elevators, we also figured out how to bring about world peace (It involves VCRs) and found a simple way to produce cold fusion (involving a rubber band, some heavy water, and a zippo lighter).

Damnit you guys move fast. Now can you explain why it has taken you 6 years and you still haven't worked out that rubics cube? :c3po:

Originally posted by Shadriss

It cheats. Duh! Put it down for even a second, and the dang thing rearrages itself magically, undoing all the progress we've made!

Sounds a lot like mapping for me! :D

Just for the record from what I have seen this is going to be rather amazing, take a great MP mapper's architecture and texturing....then see him add in a good plot and cutscenes....marvel in awe :)

OK, just a quick update.

One : The skins from Tomar and Miyamoto are still being worked on. Not sure why, as they both told me they were almost ready a week ago. *shrug* More on this later.

Two : More mapping work has been done. Three new screenshots are on the site, depicting the newest areas of the map, namely, a common area, a hallway, and a "hub" area. I know it's not much, but I did a lot of script work these last few days, trying to get my second cutscene to work (which it now does...)

Three : On Wednesday night, I'll be uploading all I have to PCGameMods for a Beta "Showcase". I'll be out of touch after that until WELL into July, probobly the 15th or so. Any comments about the mod wont be addressed until then, I'm afraid. Just keep in mind that a lot of what I DO have isn't finalized...

Wish I had more to show/tell, and more time to give it to you. Unfortunately, the Navy doesnt consider mapping a part of the job I'm SUPPOSED to be doing for them, so...

THank you for your support.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. Almost a solid month since the last post. No replies from forum readers. No suggestions. Nothing. If I didnt have other people still encouraging me to finish this, I'd be inclined to maybe drop it.... BUt I wont.

As I'm movingright now, I dont have any new work to post, BUT I did leave a Beta version (It's about half of the first level) with Wedge, Eldritch, and Louis. I've requested that they upload it to PCGameMods asa playable BETA so you can all have a crack at what's been done so far.

Just in case anyone cares.:(

*somber music plays on one of the world's smallest violins*

:violin: :violin:

It's not that no one is interested, Shad, but I forsee two possibilities.

1) People saw that you wouldn't be available until July 15th, and decided not to pester you or spam the thread

2) That this forum (and most forums) are much quieter than when WIPs and technical questions were combined

Yeh Shad, I actually have a small shrine dedicated to you ...but...perhaps I shouldn't mention that so much. Anyway...as Eldritch suggests, I just think its because people don't want to spam the thread when they know there won't be work on it for a while. Still, I'm sure you'll get some good feedback from the beta. Also threads seem to tick over better when the author pops in every 30 minutes and says meaningless gibberish (check the Occupation 2 thread...), and clearly you have't been able to do that. When its out, get the beta people, its a great looking project featuring the voice acting talents of Eldritch AND Shadriss. Need I say more? Need I?

• 1 month later...

I apologize for the long delay, but I am finally back up and running. And, while I was waiting for the DSL to get here, I did some work. The first level, architecturally, is done. Just some script work remains, and then putting the targe... I mean NPCs in.

Screenshots will be up on the site soon...

Originally posted by Eldritch

Welcome back after your long hiatus, Shad. What the hell took you so long? July 15th my @ss!

Hey, Eldritch, I think the statement about the time of coming back was called Deception or something like that. Shadriss knows everything about Deceptions, but as he said, he might not give anything out beforehand. :)

Originally posted by Eldritch

Heh heh, nice one lassev. :lol:

Hey, what's up with your signature?

If you're missing your name glow, you can get it back in the User CP.

Although I doubt Shadriss will be happy about this "quality" use of his thread, but anyway I cannot get my glow back before I've 1250 posts. All I have left is the color code in my profile. To no profit, since it's not showing.

Shadriss. You might consider building some interactivity between your level architecture and the player actions. SP gives a great chance of doing that, perhaps greater than long time MP mappers often come to think of. Otherwise your beta was excellent.

Archived