Home

Star Wars : Deception (Take Two)

Shadriss

You know, I really, really like the new forum style, very nice! Loosing the glows is a shame, but ah well.

Sorry about dissapearing for a bit there Shad, I am now fully....opaque? Not only is your work great, you seem to have an amazingly fast construction rate for such good quality! Lassevs got a point about interactivity, and his mapping certainly shows how to do it, the best maps are crammed full of it :)

Cant say as all this white is good on my eyes either... and why DID they take the glwy names away!? I Begged HARD for thise points!

Anyhow, on the interactivity of the level - I'm trying to implement it when I feel it's in keeping with the kind of place the level is set in. The first level wont have much... it IS a mining facility. The second, in a manufacturing plant, should have a bit more to it. But, it's a matter of how creative I'm feeling, how easy it is to script, and how much time I can dedicate to figuring it out. :)

After all, I'm on a sea going command again, so time is precious to me. :)

As for a quick update, I have more script to complete before the first level is completely set up, leaving only the placement of opponants to set up. Thanks to Leslie Judge once again, after a long scripting session in which we BOTH learned a few things.

I havent been in contact with Tomar about the Phelan skin he was supposed to be doing, and Miyamoto accidently erased all the skin files fro Lord Wraith. So, both of those skins are back at square one... Miyamoto has already begun reskinning the "SLF Guards" (AKA those kyle guys we all enjoyed killing in the demo release last month...) and a new skinner, Rgoer, has taken on Phelan. With any luck those should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Just prior to this weekend, I'll be out at sea, so progress will be at a standstill for a short time. I cant give exact dates, owing to the nature of operational security, but this one, if it goes as scheduled, wont be all that long.

Well, that's the news at 8... TTFN.

Originally posted by Eldritch

Ugh, maybe it's just me, but I do not like all the white in the new design. It's too bright and hurts my eyes.

Now you got it Eldritch... This cyan is disgusting. If I had to choose, I want the white back! :D

Shadriss: Hope you come back soon. Or else your porject will go slower than mine which is impossible I guess. :)

Shad,

Despite your best protests I worked on a new logo for you anyway. It's a little less flashy than the one you had, but I think it looks pretty good.

I've got a small pic of it arranged with the new menu background, so you can see. If you like it i'll just send you the .tga for it so you can implement it properly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I still say Kyle is the worst possible person you could've picked as a base for the SLF guys. Even with the new skin (which looks good) it still is going to look as if you're attacking a bunch of clones (or cult members). Why not find someone with some type of helmet, like that rebel model, or something along those lines?

Originally posted by Eldritch

it still is going to look as if you're attacking a bunch of clones (or cult members).

Or worse...both! Run from the Raelians!!!!! AAAAAAH!

I think the Kyle face would be okay to use for officers, etc...but like El said, not EVERYONE. Get a couple variations in there, even if it's just a couple different faces (Imp officer faces, Jedi faces, Jan faces even, some with helmets perhaps, some not). This way, you could also mix up each enemy's characteristics.

Originally posted by wedge2211

I think the Kyle face would be okay to use for officers, etc...but like El said, not EVERYONE. Get a couple variations in there, even if it's just a couple different faces (Imp officer faces, Jedi faces, Jan faces even, some with helmets perhaps, some not). This way, you could also mix up each enemy's characteristics.

Really cool idea that. It would be relatively easy to do and kinda interesting to just have enemies with small variations....that one with a Jedi2 face has a bit better accuracy, but is a bit slower, that one with Jans face is more intelligent and has a bit more health than your average grunt etc.

The actual skin of the uniform for the SLF soldier is very good though, I must say. The plot of this project is probabaly my favourite from any SP level so far, based upon just the little I know of it, BTW.

If either of you have the know-how to do that with the faces, PLEASE let me know - Miya is already at work on the new Phelan skin (A complete makeover, as opposed to the recoloration the last one was). I love these ideas, but I have ability with skinning or modelling.

Archived