Home

ForceMod II - Final beta feedback

Azymn

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, i talked to Wudan about it - he may be able to tweak an animation for it (he said he'd try), but he does have other projects at hand that he needs to work on. So we'll see what happens.

Until then, everyone will point their guns slightly upward.

These bugs should be fixed in this next release i just emailed all of you about:

- Random crashes caused by client/server miscommunication fixed.

- Bryar pistol now starts with ammo if jediVmerc is off

- Starting with jediVmerc off will no longer spawn you with twosabers bug

- mod_grapple settings will properly limit grapple to correct classes

- grapple now has a line drawn

- jetpack FX can now be selected midgame

- altered glow on blades 4-6

- Can no longer absorb flamethrower attack

- disabled seeker droids for pure saber bots

- fixed bug that prevented continuous rolling

- Drain's effectiveness against the merc battery lowered more

- added emote: crossarms

- added emote command list to /aminfo

- Saber Stance cycle should be fixed.

I hope i got all the bugs you mentioned...

Also, for those of you who are dying to see a saber break or split, i altered the f_saberbreak cvar: 3-100 is %chance to break saber on ANY hit.

So if you set f_saberbreak to 100, you will break their special saber 100% of the time if you hit them with your saber, even it you just hit their pinky toe.

Great update Azymn!!!

However, i have problems using the gaffi stick. I downloaded the dragon remix weapons pack with the gaffi, but when i started up my game, my bots had invisible sabers, until i was close enough to engage em in combat. When i picked the gaffi to use, i can see the blade on it :(

Also, i noticed as i was playing as a hotshot, i noticed that i was able to dodge lightning and drain at times. I am unsure if this is intended or not. :)

Is anyone else experiencing game crashing with the latest beta when using custom model/bots ??

I have no crashes if I load the level then add the bots but adding bots before loading the level crashes the game sometimes.

I like the fixes you have made BTW ! Azymn :D

Classic Luke:

The dragon remix weapons pack is not compatible with ForceMod II - Covax could update his files relatively easy, but as of now they will actually interfere with basic forcemod FX - such as the sabers. You could contact him and send him the ForceMod 2 beta with your request. He's a nice guy, he'd probably do it.

Dodging lightning, eh? I'll look into that. :)

rut-wa jodar:

It could be a specific bot file that's crashing - if it has a script but no botinfo, it will crash...You can see by adding each bot in your list until one crashes. It might take awhile, but it could save you headaches in the future.

Also, make sure the only pk3 in your ForceMod_2 directory is called ForceMod_2_beta_f2.pk3.

rut-wa: Did you change your merc files for the original system on how we made mercs? That might cause complications (though it shouldn't)

Also, if you know how to edit pk3's, you can replace your botfiles\bots.txt with this one: http://forcemod.aotctc.com/files/bots.txt

and see it that helps. I just uploaded the beta with the fixed botfile too, if you'd rather just re-download the whole thing (same link).

JerAir: What doesn't work about the grapple? Are there any messages at the top left of the screen telling you what is wrong?

What changes doesn't it save?

There's a file in your current pk3 that makes Tk-421 a heavy soldier, who can lay down as many sentry guns as he wants. You can change this by setting f_multisentry to "0" to turn it off, or to whatever # you'd prefer his max to be.

Actually, i must apologize: unless you've downloaded the beta after this post, there is a scripts folder in your forcemod_2_beta_f2.pk3 with a "mercs.bot" script in it.

It WILL cause your system to crash if you add the bots referenced in it and don't have them on your computer: han solo and jango fett.

Just download it again from the same link i posted before in the email, for the beta 2 release.

I d/l the final beta v2, and whatever I do, I can't use the blue, yellow, and red saber syles! I can use the green and purple stances with single, dual, and twin sabers, but cant get the other styles. (If you fix this, I want to know how to use the green and purple styles in addition to the blue, yellow, and red styles while using a sigle-bladed saber). Thanks!

(Waiting dumbfounded, waiting for Azymn to reply)

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

just a quick question Azymn

Is their a respawn time command that could be used with your mod so bots/players have to wait for a set period of time until they can rejoin the game.

BTW! have you considered my suggestion about an option to disable team skin colours ?

I noticed bot_honourableduelacceptance bug is still present (bots still turn on/off sabers alot with cvar enabled)

I just uploaded final beta 3 (if there are 11 'final' fantasys, it's okay to have multiple 'final' betas, right? :) )

Check your emails for the link.

Updates:

- Saber stance problem

- Animations after coming out of roll with a gun tweaked (thanks for the tip Wudan)

- cvar_list.txt is updated and complete

- bogus bot scripts removed

- bots.txt edited to prevent forced classes for base models

rut-wa: There's not a command for that, and i'm afraid time is too short to add it now. I will consider adding the team color skins disabler, but I wanna make sure everything else is stable before i add any more new features.

With the new update, i noticed that sometimes players with sabers would be stuck hunched forward in a defensive postion. I've also, seen a bot use lightning while in this postion, his hands never extending to shoot the lightning. Also, there seems to be less animations for blocking lightning, drain, and blaster fire in this version than the last. The player remains in this one pose, hunched over with saber held defensively to the front while blocking blater fire. Also, for the bounty hunter class, when remaining still, the animations for the flame gauntlet are present, but when they move and use the flame gauntlet there are no animations present. It looks as if the flames are coming from their guns. Other than these problems, the update is near-perfect :)

Classic Luke:

I know exactly what's causing the animation problems...they'll be fixed soon.

There's one other significant bug that's been brought to my attention, and a few exploits i'm going to fix.

rut-wa: Are the bugs you posted still not working? Or why did you delete the post? :)

yeah the animations in the newest update are very buggy....they are very slow and get locked in defensive positions...

btw, while we're talking animations...is there a way to change the default walking with sabers animations so the sabers are upright?

i believe the animation you're looking for is possible, b/c the torso animations and leg animations are conveniently separated.

I doubt i'll have the time to make that change properly, but i'll look at it anyway.

i just downloaded the fixed version you recently uploaded....it looks near perfect...the main bug i see is the grapple which doesn't do much...it has no retraction or detraction...and swinging is limited...this is the only problem i see.. (which is a good thing)

great job! i think it may be about ready for the public!

PS. That'd be great if you could fix that walking animation! Thanks for all the support!

Hehe, mariners2001 is pretty quick - i hadn't even posted that it was up. :)

Yeah, if you all re-download release3 with the same link given in the email, it should have the animation problems solved, and a few other optimizations cHoSeN-oNe pointed out.

And bot AI was improved for the jetpack, so they should use it in battle now more often.

BTW - If you could all try this out on your machines:

1) Create a Dedicated Server

2) Start up a client on the same machine and join the server.

3) Click "Setup" when in game.

This has caused a freeze-up on a certain tester's computer. Please let me know if it does the same on your own.

Yeah It's fixed now but when I first started playing the bots would all use jet packs. Well all the merc ones atleast. I set it to mandalorian mercs only for bots and players and they still used them. I had to edit the .cfg to fix it up, which I didnt mind doin ut your askin for bugs so there ya go.

Also the grappling hook looks fine, I can see it all but it isnt working right. The retract and antonym of retract(cant remember the word) dont work and the swinging seems to have gotten a bit messed up.

My game never crashes by the way and I can hold down crouch and keep going. Couple requests, could you ban mercs from "force flipping" onto there feet after being pushed or pulled over, and could you tweak the flying animationa little, just so the characters arms arent out sideways. All the menu's work fine with me, theres the force saving problem but I don mind. If possible, could you make it when you fall on people from a reasonable height, under any circumstance (force jump, turning off your jet pack, just jumpingoff a cliff) the person is knocked odwn like in single player. Maybe if your a merc you can fall over to as there not as agile as a jedi.

BTW this mod rules! Love the acrobatics, and saber blade selection, they all look so much better then the original. GREAT WORK!!!!

Last night, I got beta 3 for myself. my only questions are:

-how do you stop the idle hand waving animations when dual pistols are at rest? they make models look drunk

-how is the pistol angle thing coming w/ wudan?

Archived