Home

ForceMod II - Final beta feedback

Azymn

- I'll double check the jetpack limitations...i think they're broken for human players too.

- The grappling hook is a bit glitchy; i've had a tough time getting that thing right, b/c it shares a variable that's also used by the disruptor, among other things.

Q: how do you stop the idle hand waving animations when dual pistols are at rest? they make models look drunk

A: I can freeze them in place, but the right hand points the gun down towards the center and the left gun points forward, so either way, it's not pretty. Perhaps it would be better to just freeze it though.

Q: how is the pistol angle thing coming w/ wudan?

A: I haven't spoken to him for a day or two, but one problem is that adding that single frame of animation would increase the size of the mod by 10 MB, b/c of a file we'd have to include. This, and other complications with getting the animation in-game leads me to believe it's not gonna happen.

Have any of you tried the dedicated server bug i've explained above? Please report back with your results.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, i'm not sure if im doin this correctly. I put under dedicated server LAN or internet, then when i go to start the game, it stays in console and all i see are text as to what the bots do and also, what they say; no picture. Am i doin this correctly?

yeah seems to work fine here too...

so to wrap it up...here are the only bugs/issues i've seen left:

1) the dual blasters (not pistols) are gone....i miss them

2) can't seem to have all 5 stances at once...i don't mind though

3) the grapple can't retract or detract...can't swing very well

4) the walking stances are blah (but that's raven/lucasart's fault)

5) there is a map limit display, bot list limit and still a model limit (though not as restricted)

also...here's one thing i've always wondered....can you make the bot addition menu a pull-down with a list of all the bots instead of having to browse one-by-one across them?

absolutely a great mod! i just got done playing this with a friend against some bots....some of the funnest JK2 playing ever! this is the best mod! once it's released...it will definitely help people get by until jedi academy....i hope you can continue forcemod into there too!!!

mort!!!! - If Wudan makes those anims, we will release them as a separate download.

Well, i'm going to assume the ded serv bug is not a universal bug, and proceed with a few last minute changes.

1) the dual blasters (not pistols) are gone....i miss them

- I

2) can't seem to have all 5 stances at once...i don't mind though

- For reasons of stability, you can only have all 5 stances if you have a single-bladed saber. If there's a huge demand, i'll make it possible to re-enable.

3) the grapple can't retract or detract...can't swing very well

- I will tinker with the grapple a bit more, but it will likely end up much as it behaves now, for reasons i won't go into. :)

4) the walking stances are blah (but that's raven/lucasart's fault)

- :)

5) there is a map limit display, bot list limit and still a model limit (though not as restricted)

- Did you reach another cap with the models?

"also...here's one thing i've always wondered....can you make the bot addition menu a pull-down with a list of all the bots instead of having to browse one-by-one across them?"

- Hehe, actually if you look at the AddBot menu, you'll see that it's a little bigger than normal. I tried to make a listbox for the bots last September, but was wasting too much time on it and decided to try to make dualguns instead...

Originally posted by Azymn

- Did you reach another cap with the models?

Yeah...it's a lot higher but I noticed some of the default models were missing...

"also...here's one thing i've always wondered....can you make the bot addition menu a pull-down with a list of all the bots instead of having to browse one-by-one across them?"

- Hehe, actually if you look at the AddBot menu, you'll see that it's a little bigger than normal. I tried to make a listbox for the bots last September, but was wasting too much time on it and decided to try to make dualguns instead...

Good call! ;)

Lol, so that's why the bot box is bigger....thanks for trying anyway...you are one hell of an editor!

EDIT:

I just tried the deticated again and I couldn't find my server in the list....might be my problem though...

EDIT#2:

The butterfly and aerial animations are very slow...could they possibly be sped up?

I was wonderin if it were possible to increase the total amount of emotional attachments a bot can have? Right now, the limit is only 4:(

Also, to mariners2001, i entered my ip address into the add favorites option when u pick to join a server. Then, i change the type (i think) to favorites, and then that is how i was able to log onto my dedicated server:)

To get your ip address, click on the Start button on windows bottom left corner, then under run option type in command. This should bring up an MS-DOS window. In the window type in ipconfig and boom, your ip address will be listed:)

Azymn,

Let me start off by saying I think Forcemod II is going to fantastic! I love the merc abilities. And it is very impressive seeing and playing against bots that fly with the jetpack and shoot at me with two pistols. The class system is great and I think the mod itself has a solid foundation. However, the mod currently has many bugs. Here is what I could find. (Note: I have two versions of JKII installed, one with user-made models, maps, and skins, and one that is basic JKII. I ran Forcemod on both and there didn't seem to be any discrepancies in the following bugs).

Bugs:

Grapple does not extent or retract.

Grapple hook falls to the ground when it touches a wall or ceiling.

Once on the floor, the grapple hook occasionally will not disappear. (A rare occurrence.)

When the Grapple is set to "Mercs only", Jedi can still use it.

When the Grapple is set to "Jedi only", mercs can still use it.

When you use the Shield Recharger, the icon at the bottom left has a transparent green box around it.

On the Scout class descriptions on the "Player Configuration" menu, the line "Weapons:Sniper Rifle" is missing a space in it. (After the colon and before 'Sniper'.)

With "Dual Firearms" set to "Special Mercs only" I can play as a Heavy Soldier and still use two pistols (the same goes for Heavy Soldier bots).

Anytime I start a server and join as any of the 5 mercs, I start with the Stun Baton.

If you switch class Mid-game to a 1. Scout - you spawn holding a Thermal Detonator, 2. Bounty Hunter - you spawn holding a Blaster, 3. Heavy Soldier - you spawn holding a Rocket Launcher, 4. Hot Shot - you spawn holding a Blaster, 5. Trooper - you spawn holding a Detonation Pack. (I think all classes should start with pistols for safety and consistency.)

Level 4 force powers do not work, even thought they are enabled in the menu. (Whenever I allot force points to a level 4 power I respawn with NO force powers.)

Sometimes when spawning as a Jedi you can't switch lightsaber stances.

Sometimes when spawning as a Jedi I will have no force powers, or even rarer, spontaneously chosen force powers that are not reflected in the force powers menu.

Sometimes when dying as a Jedi with the above lightsaber and force power bugs occurring, the game will take me to the "Player Configuration" menu. Then when I select 'Join' it says that I "May not switch teams more than once per 5 seconds".

I followed a Scout bot in spectator view... they do not use cloak, even though it is enabled.

I played against a Scout bot in a dual map... it used the Disruptor until the ammo was gone, then used Thermal Detonators until they were gone, then used the Pistol until the ammo was gone, and then finally switched to the Stun Baton. (In short, the Scout bot will not use Ammo Regeneration, even through it was enabled).

I did the same as above with a Heavy Soldier bot... same result with the Heavy Soldier's respective weapons.

I did the same as above with both a Hot Shot bot and a Trooper bot... they didn't seem to run out of ammo after a good amount of firing (although they ended up getting killed because my saber would eventually reflect their blaster shots back to them - so I'm not totally sure).

The model icon limit is 100 (no more).

Even though the menu saves my rgb saber settings, every time I start the game fresh the saber starts out white.

Wall jumps made by running face front into the wall does not work, even though I have level 3 force jump.

Dualphase lightsabers do not work, even though they are enabled in the menu. (I inspected Force Mod's config. file and the cvar "g_enableextended" is nowhere to be seen.)

Padawan_7

P.S. I've got some suggestions about a few things that I'll type up later when I get the chance.

My computer doesn't freeze when going into the setup menu after creating a dedicated server and then joining it. So, no problems there.

More Bugs:

After spawning into a game where "Jedi vs. Merc" is set to "Basic", the first time you access the "Player Configuration" menu, the class descriptions will be messed up.

Dual Pistols do not have a 'ready' position and the single pistol does, but not like basic JKII. In basic JKII you can walk around with your pistol in a 'ready' position until you walk up or down stairs or jump. Currently, in ForceMod the single pistol's 'ready' position drops as soon as you move.

When the grapple hits a person it prints on the screen "hook hit person?". This, I suppose, was used for testing the grapple, but that message should be removed.

Any time I start a game it prints on the screen in a strait line "Welcome to our ForceMod II serverMay not switch teams more than once per 5 seconds."

Suggestions:

In the "Configure ForceMod" menu the settings under "Lightsaber Integrity" read "Saber-Only Jedi", "Saber-Only Jedi (Locked)", "Changeable", "Locked until Respawn". But to be more descriptive "Changeable" should read "Changeable with Guns".

In the "Configure ForceMod" menu the settings under "SaberType" are "Breakable", "Splittable (Dualblade)", etc. But to be more descriptive "Splittable (Dualblade)" should read "Breakable and Splittable". (However, I'm not sure there is room for it).

When held in the double bladed lightsaber Green stance (standing still), the tips of the default, ep. I and ep. II blades definitely look flat. Then for the ep. III blade, although the blade really narrows, it still looks a little flat. And then for the ep. IV blade, although the blade is fat the tip still looks a little flat. Episode V and VI look fine. I don't really do skinning, but I'm thinking that if all the blade tips look fine in the other stances, but flat in this one position (resting position of the green stance), it might be because those sabers (default, I, II, III, and IV) are a little longer than V and VI and appear flat at that particular perspective.

In the cvar list is says that for "f_unspambots" the higher the number the less the bots spam force powers. Stupid question: does a 0 cause this feature to be turned off? (It doesn't specify that in the cvar list description).

I like the cvar "f_mortalwounds" but it seems that the players get knocked down way too much with it on. So maybe instead of causing a fall due to being shot in the leg, make it so that 1/4 of the shots in the leg causes a fall.

In the ForceMod Model Class Config. it says that a 2 = Dual Thrust and a 4 = Dual Thrust (No Model). What's the difference between the two? (The description doesn't really specify).

The Optic Radar's range seems a little too short to me.

The Jet Pack's ascend rate seem a little slow, but it is okay.

The Shield Regeneration rate is too slow. It causes the Shield Regenerator to be less effective than it should, in my opinion. Maybe you could add a cvar for this?

The grapple moves a bit too fast. After it connects to a wall or ceiling you don't really have a whole lot of time to stop the grapple from reeling you in (making it difficult to perform swings).

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be cool to have the lightsaber surrounded with the electricity effect (the same that players have when they are shocked) as the saber blocks lightning and drain. But this probably would surround the saber's hilt as well, and thus the player's hand. So, maybe that's not a good idea after all. :p

Padawan_7

I just uploaded final beta 3 (if there are 11 'final' fantasys, it's okay to have multiple 'final' betas, right? :) )

Check your emails for the link.

Updates:

- Saber stance problem

- Animations after coming out of roll with a gun tweaked (thanks for the tip Wudan)

- cvar_list.txt is updated and complete

- bogus bot scripts removed

- bots.txt edited to prevent forced classes for base models

rut-wa: There's not a command for that, and i'm afraid time is too short to add it now. I will consider adding the team color skins disabler, but I wanna make sure everything else is stable before i add any more new features.

Azymn !

I`m really grateful for all the fixes and updates you have done during the beta testing of this mod. I don`t want to sound pushy but can you give me updated info on the following questions.

1) Have you decided to add a Team colour disable Cvar

2) Have you been able to fix bots constantly switching their sabers on and off if Bot_honourableduelacceptance cvar is set to 1.

BTW ! Thank you for the the honour of being able to test this outstanding Mod :rock:

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

2) Have you been able to fix bots constantly switching their sabers on and off if Bot_honourableduelacceptance cvar is set to 1

Yeah...I was about to ask the same thing...those features would be great..

Azymn, please check your email regarding my bug report (emailed it cuz forums were down when I got the bugs)

-It retracts, just not on your own will ;)

Grapple hook falls to the ground when it touches a wall or ceiling.

- Haven't had that problem

Once on the floor, the grapple hook occasionally will not disappear. (A rare occurrence.)

-Haven't had that problem either :confused:

When the Grapple is set to "Mercs only", Jedi can still use it.

-I'll have to try that

When the Grapple is set to "Jedi only", mercs can still use it.

-That too

Level 4 force powers do not work, even thought they are enabled in the menu. (Whenever I allot force points to a level 4 power I respawn with NO force powers.)

-Works fine on my end

Sometimes when spawning as a Jedi you can't switch lightsaber stances

- Heh, yeah, had that happen myself.

That's all I got to comment on Padawan's post regarding my opinion (im not scrutinizing you or anything, just posting my opinions on the bugs ur reporting)

When i goto first person and have dual firearms, i noticed that the top half of the second gun (the one on my left) appears only. This is reallly no big deal though, just thought i'd let ya know. :)

Also, please, if possible can you increase the number of bots emotional attachments to like 8 (anything above the set-limit of 4 would be nice:))

I attempted to address every bug you all reported, so if you see repeats just lemme know.

Just redownload it again from the same link as beta3.

Fixes:

- client ip's logged on connect

- Fixed flat look of tips for Ep 1-4 sabers

- max ~# of bot emotional attachments increased from 4 to 8

- "Jedi vs Merc is not compatible with..." message display occasions fixed

- mod_grapple settings will properly limit grapple to correct classes

- Merc bots should now use ammo regen properly

- Jedi bots should use mindtrick against mercs with optic radar now

- Bot jetpack use improved

- menu texts updated

- cvar_list.txt updated

To answer just a few questions that aren't covered (sorry my answers are short...gotta run):

The butterfly and aerial animations are very slow...could they possibly be sped up?

- Afraid not

In the ForceMod Model Class Config. it says that a 2 = Dual Thrust and a 4 = Dual Thrust (No Model). What's the difference between the two? (The description doesn't really specify).

- Right now, no difference.

- Added some code for it, there are complications that may prevent it's implementation.

2) Have you been able to fix bots constantly switching their sabers on and off if Bot_honourableduelacceptance cvar is set to 1.

- Tried to...haven't been able to test it yet.

When i started up a game with the new update, i am having trouble with the tck_sabers. I can't seem to set any color to my saber:( Nor do the saber skins work either:( the bots i use though have their proper saber colors on:)

However, despite these problems, i'd say WOW GJ Azymn:)

Originally posted by Classic Luke

When i started up a game with the new update, i am having trouble with the tck_sabers. I can't seem to set any color to my saber:( Nor do the saber skins work either:( the bots i use though have their proper saber colors on:)

However, despite these problems, i'd say WOW GJ Azymn:)

Same here !

In addition Bots stuck using singlesaber stances for dual + twin sabers bug has returned

At least the Bot_duel bug seems to be fixed.

Padawan, would you stop winging, heres a bunch of the bugs you reported, and they're all bull****.

Originally posted by Padawan_7

When you use the Shield Recharger, the icon at the bottom left has a transparent green box around it.

On the Scout class descriptions on the "Player Configuration" menu, the line "Weapons:Sniper Rifle" is missing a space in it. (After the colon and before 'Sniper'.)

With "Dual Firearms" set to "Special Mercs only" I can play as a Heavy Soldier and still use two pistols (the same goes for Heavy Soldier bots).

Anytime I start a server and join as any of the 5 mercs, I start with the Stun Baton.

If you switch class Mid-game to a 1. Scout - you spawn holding a Thermal Detonator, 2. Bounty Hunter - you spawn holding a Blaster, 3. Heavy Soldier - you spawn holding a Rocket Launcher, 4. Hot Shot - you spawn holding a Blaster, 5. Trooper - you spawn holding a Detonation Pack. (I think all classes should start with pistols for safety and consistency.)

I did the same as above with both a Hot Shot bot and a Trooper bot... they didn't seem to run out of ammo after a good amount of firing (although they ended up getting killed because my saber would eventually reflect their blaster shots back to them - so I'm not totally sure).

Even though the menu saves my rgb saber settings, every time I start the game fresh the saber starts out white.

Wall jumps made by running face front into the wall does not work, even though I have level 3 force jump.

Padawan_7

[/b]

Grapple not extending or retracting, Azymn's said he's working on this a million times, stop repeating everyone else.

Shield recharge has a transparent green box. THATS NOT A BUG!!! It's just the icon you dumbass.

No space between "weapons:Sniper Rifle" Who cares, you can still see what weapons your getting, why does it matter AT ALL?

Dual firearms, special mercs only. Heavy soldiers are one of therse special mercs! It says in there weapons dual pistols!!! It's not a bug if its MEANt to be that way.

Start with a stun baton, who cares. Cycle to the next weapon(s) and your fine.

Switching mercs gets you starting with different weapons, its becasueit their highest powered weapon. Who cares, same solution as above, change guns!!!

Troopers have unlimited ammo, it says that in their description. Thats why he/she never ran out.

It does save our colours, default is just white. all you need to do is go into the TCK saber menu for literally a split second so it refreshes your saber to those settings. No dramas there.

Double tap for front on wall run.

Sorry if I insulted you as I'm sure I have, but complain about something important and actually check the stuff your complaining about.

Archived