Home

Possible Spoilage - Enter the Matrix - Hacking discussion

BCanr2d2

Originally posted by Rad707_Pandaz

But i know for a fact that you can play as Neo. Since logic dictates that since a 3D model of Neo exists (just look at Neo's image file) but the model in question never appears in the game, that it wasn't put in for nothing.

exactly, it must be there for a reason

i think there's a code, but no one knows it yet.

there has to be something for pc users to make up for the fact that we haven't got multi-player, and i think (hope) a playable neo is it. or maybe they just put it there to be helpful to game modders. i don't know, but its safe to say we will be able to play as neo one way or another.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what now? Are we ust supposed to wait around for the game developers to leak a little code to enable us console users to play as Neo? I mean it's the only way: there must be a million million cheat code combinations, and I am sure no one is crazy or desperate enough to go through everyone.

*fidgets in his chair*

...Ah hell...

*goes to try every code combination*

:(

do you guys think that the method to get MP for PC ver is somewhat different than the console ver? I still can't believe they didn't include MP option for PC version.

Anyway, for the ability to play as Neo,Trinity and Morpheus, I'm pretty sure it's for modding purpose only or for multiplayer...

Now, I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that there must be some way to get Neo.

How do I know? HERE'S HOW!

Alright, did anybody notice that Neo never actually appears in the standard game? And yet, his model is included in the game. Why would they put in a character model that never appears? They wouldn't. Therefore, there must be SOME WAY to get Neo. The creators wouldn't have put him in there if there wasn't.

Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi

Alright, did anybody notice that Neo never actually appears in the standard game? And yet, his model is included in the game. Why would they put in a character model that never appears? They wouldn't. Therefore, there must be SOME WAY to get Neo. The creators wouldn't have put him in there if there wasn't.

*pauses*

*looks up 4 posts*

*reads*

I feel cheated. But i know for a fact that you can play as Neo. Since logic dictates that since a 3D model of Neo exists (just look at Neo's image file) but the model in question never appears in the game, that it wasn't put in for nothing.

Woah....De Ja Vu............:p

Yeah, I think people missed the huge section on the last page. MP is not included in the PC version (as far as we know) BUT you can play as Neo or any other character, as I posted the other day. Just follow the instuctions and you can be The One, or someone else. As for the modding I made some .zip files so that you can easily change between characters by unzipping the files into the correct folder, only problem is I can upload them anywhere. Ah well.

I also noticed how there is an animation folder, but it doesn't show where Ghost and Niobe's Animation files are, so I can't seem to change the fighting styles at the moment, maybe someone can work on it.

Way to point out the obvious. :rolleyes:

Heh, j/k

Seriously though, I SAY WE HANG REAPER UPSIDE DOWN BY HIS ANKLES AND MAKE HIM WATCH EVERY EPISODE OF BARNEY EVER MADE, EVER, AND HIT HIM OVER THE HEAD WITH A LARGE WOODEN SPOON EVERY 10 MINUTES!!! AAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!! :mad:

Too harsh, or not harsh enough? :p

Guys, give him a break.

Surely you must have better things to do than this. Whining about it or actually finding out yourself? What to choose?

If he knows, it's his damn business if he wants to reveal it or not. And believe me, you don't seriously trust a guy to keep his word over the damn internet, do you?

Seems so;)lol

It just got a lot of people aggravated, him building up our hopes (I was one of them too, I must admit). It's pretty clear that Reaper isn't telling the truth, and if he is, like Jais said, it's his choice if he wants to tell us.

Well, looks like us console users have a few options:

1. We sit here waiting for the developers of the game to release the cheat code for playable Neo (which we've established must exist...I mean come on, a Matrix game without Neo and a Neo model just springing out of nowhere? Can't be coincidence...)

2. We go through the hacking again, trying all the code combinations possible, using the seemingly useless Decode and Echo commands (which to be frank, will take too much damn time and effort ><)

3. We sit here and moan about how evil the game makers are for not putting Neo in there.

I like the last one ^^

Ow, listen to yourselves.

You are whining and b*tching over a god damned cheat.

You are whining over not being able to play f*cking Neo.

You are going completely ballistic on a guy who claimed he had said cheat.

Sorry, but I find it both highly amusing and very sad that you're getting so riled up over this.

Listen, you've got Ghost and Niobe. They're cooler than Neo.

Neo is WAY cooler than ghost.

I mean, Ghost is okay...but Neo is the ONE dammit.........seriously.

I've been hacking for days and days guys, and quite frankly i'm comin up empty. I've got nothign left.

So i just have to wait until somebody else figures it out, because my brain is completely out of ideas.

Jais, I got mad respect for ya and all, but its not the fact that he won't tell us, its the fact that he told us he would. So I feel he deserves to get laid into.

Has anyone figured out any more training.dsk's?

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Neo is WAY cooler than ghost.

I mean, Ghost is okay...but Neo is the ONE dammit.........seriously.

Shame the ONE can't act then...

*cough*

Still, no need to go apesh*t over Reaper because of this :)

It's a damn cheat man. Think of how you just spend days hacking the game and having fun finding Neo. Think of how great a game it is. So what if you didn't find Neo - it's the journey that matters, not the goal.

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

Jais, I got mad respect for ya and all, but its not the fact that he won't tell us, its the fact that he told us he would. So I feel he deserves to get laid into.

Yeah, I can understand that, and I too think he went about it in an arseholish way, playing the Gloatmaster.

On hacking, can anyone answer this post I made on Echobase:

Just completed the game with Ghost.

Note to self: Niobe cannot drive. When the twins are in pursuit, the car gets magnetically attracted to pillars. At this point, replace Niobe with a red brick, as there are better chances that the red brick will avoid crashing into pillars ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Oh, and the chopper levels are boring, frustrating, and should be removed from the game in the next patch. Along with the Niobe-driving levels.

So, how does this hacking thing work? When I finished the game, it gave me a code to unlock a "secret area": 13D22C77F - unfortunately, the damn thing wouldn't let me wait to write it down, so I got it wrong. The above code doesn't work. Anyone got the real code?

How do you access the other drives? I got permission to access drive B: as "guest". but I can't open any programs or anything from inside. Do you have to type B:\> or something for this to work? At any rate, the hacking game won't let me do the ">" key.

BTW, how the hell do you open .img files? Do you have to use some sort of command, like "read"?

Help appreciated.

Archived