Home

Vehicles?

Tomppa1988

I don't know.

I think vehicles would be a nice addition in mp, but so far I know of no reason to expect it. JKO had the at-st in sp, but was not included in the mp. history would indicate no, but isn't that what sequels/expansions/whatever are supposed to be about? Adding/improving on the original. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't. It'd be nice in CTF, if there was some place where you could jump onto a Tauntaun/vechile, ride to the enemys base and steal the flag. It would also be cool if your enemys could kill/destroy the Tauntaun/vechile so you fall off. :D

Originally posted by HertogJan

Yeah at least in the Siege mode, you can ride an AT-ST, it's in a gamespy article...

:wstupid:

Yes, according to the Gamespy article, AT-STs will be available in MP. If they are making those available, I have hopes that other vehicle types will be made available as well.

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

I'm not usually bothered much by MP, but if we could joust on Taun-Tauns with lightsabers, I might become a total convert :p

It would be interesting, to say the least :D

Rancor jousting, though, would be *truly* awesome... :dev11:

You took the words right out of my mouth. :D

I've said elsewhere that I'd love to have Taun Taun jousts with sabers. But then, I wouldn't mind having a Taun Taun race...through a dangerous obstacle course, where you can use your Force powers to move stuff out of the way, or try to interfere with the other riders. :D

There's just so much potential...

Posted by StormHammer

You took the words right out of my mouth. :D

LOL :D

I've said elsewhere that I'd love to have Taun Taun jousts with sabers. But then, I wouldn't mind having a Taun Taun race...through a dangerous obstacle course, where you can use your Force powers to move stuff out of the way, or try to interfere with the other riders. :D
:eek:

Whoa... Nothing like that had even occured to me :eek:

That would be absolutely fantastic... I wonder if it'll get modded in - I hope it does :D

Of course, that's even if we can actually implement Taun-Tauns in MP... Though I don't see why not... And with ICARUS scripting there too... Wow, I think I might just have to make this if no-one else does :p:D

There's just so much potential...
Isn't there just... God, I really can't wait for it :D

Or can you imagine a rebel assault team pounding out of the icy wastes astride their Taun Tauns to breach the walls of an Imperial base. The Charge Of The Lightside Brigade! Sabers at the ready. *a quick twirl of a saber overhead by the commander* Chaaaarrge! :D

Fragalicious, baby. ;)

Posted by StormHammer

Or can you imagine a rebel assault team pounding out of the icy wastes astride their Taun Tauns to breach the walls of an Imperial base. The Charge Of The Lightside Brigade! Sabers at the ready. *a quick twirl of a saber overhead by the commander* Chaaaarrge! :D

:lol:

Somewhat worryingly, yes, I can imagine it :p:D

I swear you get more odd by the day, Stormy :D

But I like the way you think... Now all we need to do is convince someone to mod it in if Raven don't let us ride Taun-Tauns by default :D (I still think a Rancor thing would be good, though - two of them ripping each other to pieces at the command of their Jedi riders/masters would be amusing ^_^)

Originally posted by StormHammer

Yes, according to the Gamespy article, AT-STs will be available in MP. If they are making those available, I have hopes that other vehicle types will be made available as well.

I can't imagine them only having the AT-ST.....I'm sure something else will be available - I just hope they tell us soon! :D

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

[b (I still think a Rancor thing would be good, though - two of them ripping each other to pieces at the command of their Jedi riders/masters would be amusing ^_^) [/b]

Yeah...call it Rancor Wrestling. :D

SamFisher...an AT-AT would rock, particularly if you could use it to get your troops close to an enemy base, and knock on the front door with max turbo-laser fire. :thumbsup:

Of course, then to even things up you'd need to have snow-speeders... :D

If they don't include this stuff in JA...I sure hope they consider it for Republic Commando. Tribes meets BF1942 meets UT2K4 meets Star Wars...would blast MP wide open... :D

Ahem... *shuffles back to reality*

I reckon they should have a speeder in MP as well. Fast and maneouverable, but easily destroyed, to balance out the heavily armoured but slower moving AT-ST. Just IMHO...

As was already posted, ATSTs will be available, or so says GameSpy...

Classes on the rebel side include the trooper, demolitionist and Jedi, and ATST's will be available in multiplayer as well.

Link

So we'll at least have some form of vehicle... I just hope there's more variety than 'just' ATSTs :D

Originally posted by Cloud Tiamat

Would the vehicle get color coded or what?

I would imagine they would implement some kind of identifier so that you can tell to which team it belongs. That is assuming both (or more) teams have access to all vehicle types in a level. Perhaps they will make it so that one team can use one vehicle, and another team can use another vehicle. They may even make it so that only one team at a time can access a vehicle (which might make more sense for an Assault-type mode), in which case the point is moot.

I guess we'll have to wait for more information.

Originally posted by StormHammer

I would imagine they would implement some kind of identifier so that you can tell to which team it belongs. That is assuming both (or more) teams have access to all vehicle types in a level. Perhaps they will make it so that one team can use one vehicle, and another team can use another vehicle. They may even make it so that only one team at a time can access a vehicle (which might make more sense for an Assault-type mode), in which case the point is moot.

I guess we'll have to wait for more information.

I think it would be best if any1 at any time could enter any vehicle! :D just like in halo, if any1 of u ever played that... :p

I would love to get onto a taun-taun and charge into the enemies base, you could even make tactics and stuff of how to get the flags with a taun taun raid... One goes round the side, one in the front and one from behind.

This will be awesome.

If they want to put in vehicles, why not go for the whole shebang like Tribes 2? You could have dudes on speeder bikes and swoops going for the flag while a guy in a snowspeeder or TIE Bomber tried to blow 'em up. I guess it would be too late to make those improvements now, but it would be a good addition to a future game, like Galaxies 2, but not so non-combat oriented/RPGish.

To go off topic, if LEC is going to make Galaxies, etc. they should go all the way with it; include politics, space battles, stock market style economics, etc. I would very much like to see a game that puts the player into Star Wars completely, instead of just having several different games: shooter, RTS, RPG, flight sim, civ-style.

Oh well...

Originally posted by Solbe M'ko

If they want to put in vehicles, why not go for the whole shebang like Tribes 2? You could have dudes on speeder bikes and swoops going for the flag while a guy in a snowspeeder or TIE Bomber tried to blow 'em up. I guess it would be too late to make those improvements now, but it would be a good addition to a future game, like Galaxies 2, but not so non-combat oriented/RPGish.

Who knows what exactly is in there except Raven? :)

Anyway...Tribes 2 engine was built from the outset with all that in mind...whereas they're having to heavily modify the Q3 engine to get this stuff in there. I doubt we'll see something as large-scale as spaceships that can be flown around a map...I think it will be more ground-based vehicles.

Nevertheless...we'll have to wait and see. :)

Now you guys are talkin!!! This has been my dream for the Star Wars games for a loooooooooooooooooooong time! Totally immersive 3d environments blurring FPS's & Flight sims into one seamless gametype. Incorporate MP co-op in SP style missions & things would totally ROCK!!!

Imagine fighting your way through a Star Destroyer as a jedi to disable the shields while other players in real time are fighting against TIE's in their X-Wings & A-Wings waiting for you to complete your part of the mission so they can attack the Destroyer while you make your escape in another ship.

Archived