Home

Team Games in MP

Mazellion

Sure hope so.

This is exactly the kind of simple ideas that could easily be implemented...even though the game is, what, 73% done?

Forcing us to use a certain saber colour was just stupid.

And how about the possibility of having 3 or more teams? --> Blue vs. red vs. yellow vs. white 16 people team FFA! :bounce1:

Well one thing, small but kind if annoying is the color of team energize.

Normally it would not seem like a big deal but in full force saber only games having 2-3 darks on each side doing a mass energize chain is pretty much standard tactic.

Even with the team icons over each players head 6 out of 8 players in a team match flashing blue constantly can make it hard as hell to tell red from blue.

Most ladders and leagues make you play with friendly fire on so you can imagine how important being able to tell people apart in matches is.

Whether or not the power returns in JA or if it will look different is yet to be known but considering all the mini mods that change saber colors, lightning colors and so on, I imagine it could be modded fairly easily.

One thing I loved about the original "tribes" was the fact that you could have 2, 3, or 4 teams in the one game. I'd love to see the addition of gold and yellow, like they had back in DF2 :)

Capture and Hold missions. Waypoints, etc.

Originally posted by Rumor

sabers are colored the way they are so u can see what team ppl are on.

UT2k3 has lights on your shoulders

red faction has nothing and its hard to tell red from blue

They could still add a bit more variety, though, like having green/blue/yellow sabers for one team, and red/purple/gold? for another. As long as you know at the start what the colour scheme is for your team, it should be straightforward to identify team-mates at a distance.

Anyway, I agree with the other sentiment that there should be more than two teams in MP. UT allowed you up to 4 teams in things like Domination and Team DM, and it made things more interesting.

I agree with Gonk, too. Capture and hold missions would be good - sort of like UT's Domination, or completing each objective in UT's Assault. :thumbsup:

I just wish they would get rid of the gigantic symbol over everyone's head. I think it looks so silly and detracts from the "realism" of the game. Surely there is a better way to indicate what team a player is on.

Originally posted by Prime

I just wish they would get rid of the gigantic symbol over everyone's head. I think it looks so silly and detracts from the "realism" of the game. Surely there is a better way to indicate what team a player is on.

Yeah...you changed my view on those symbols. :) If they have blue and red skins for the characters, in JO, what's the point of the symbols? I hope they drop them in JA.

Having the team colour in the clothing helps...and at a distance, well, maybe they should go with the coloured 'lights' or something seen in UT2K3, which works pretty well, IMHO.

This is so simple to fix and make more movie like. Ok say you are red team instead of everything being red you are the empire colours, if you are a jedi you are wearing black clothing, if your a gunner of any kind you have more emperial looking clothing.

If you are blue you are rebelion instead. The gunners look rebel like how Han looks or the rebel troops you know, if your a jedi for the rebels you look like jedis do with there tan clothing.

Its more movie like more practacle and you dont have to have just red and blue saber colours, no stupid things above your heads, and know blue and red clothing, best of all you know who to fight.

My idea would work, its the same thing each team has its own colours there is just more variety and it makes it more like the movies in a sense. SOF 2 has different colour skins and they arent blue and red, the team names are red and blue but the skins arent, see where im going with this?!!?

Umm well last time I checked you couldnt injure your teamates so I guess what you just said makes no sense. Not everything needs to be the same colour, I guess it does if your a complete retard, not saying your a complete retard just stating the facts.

Umm well last time I checked if "Friendly Fire" was on you could so I guess what you just said makes no sense. :D

(Don't take this personally or anything, just my sheerful personality showing itself off. And another thing: don't tell Emon what he says makes no sense. He's usually right.)

Originally posted by Emon

Lightsaber color, force power color, skin color all should be the same color as the team to rid of confusion. Ridding of confusion means less morons who attack teammates.

Bye, bye individuality. :(

Yeah friendly fire is an option but like I said leagues and ladders *make you have team damage on during official matches so you really have to be careful.

Simple things like little lights or patches on player models are worthless in full force matches. The team energize/heal mass draining makes it impossible to see tiny details like that.

The team icons or a rework of the “force model” cvar so it can apply to each team as opposed to each client is the way to go.

Originally posted by Cloud Tiamat

Bye, bye individuality. :(

Yes but the majority of people who play team based games seriously are competitive league/ladder players like myself.

And trust me when I say 100% of these people could care less about "movie like" qualities or "individuality".

Performance and mechanics are the most important things we look at and having 10 guys running around in a full force saber only match all w/ different colors and no team icons would just be an utter pain in the ass and really screw with matches.

Thing is, my suggestion wasnt to put a tiny little patch of the same colour on one team and a tiny little pach of a different colour on the other team. If you look at SOF2 you will know what I mean, you don't have the same guns in SOF2 and everyone tells everyone apart, hmmm why is that? Maybe because they have the same skin basics, as long as they keep the same skin base there would be no need for red and blue. There is always a way around makeing skins look stupid, SOF2 has done very well in that department, and I hope to see JA done the same way in Seige mode at least.

Originally posted by MattJedi

Thing is, my suggestion wasnt to put a tiny little patch of the same colour on one team and a tiny little pach of a different colour on the other team.

would only work in a NF match.

I play sof2 and the big difference is you don't have 2 teams engaged in close range (point blank) combat while constantly team energizing and flashing all the same color.

We have a scrim this weekend and I'm going to make a small demo and show you just how utterly chaotic teamffa can be due to the energize/mass drain and how nearly impossible telling team from opponent can be.

Raven has to get with the program and add more to the team multiplayer game modes. I agree with many that there should be more than two teams in some of the game modes (sepcifically Team FFA, but I don't know about CTF). The team icons could take away all confusion; no team is going to have the same icon as another team. In RtCW they [Allies and Axis] have totally different uniforms; that is a way to go for distinctly different teams. Someone earlier in this thread talked about Imperial vs. Rebel having stormtrooper armor and dark jedi black robes as opposed to rebel soldier uniforms and the brown jedi robes.

And please, someone tell me what the "seige" mode is!

Exactly dude, I am not against the symbols above the heads, I am just against the skins, they plain suck dudes, red and blue, oh how exciting!! If the force powers are the problem maybe the colors need to be revamped and made new animations or something better then what currently exists. The more the players feal emursed in the game and the actual combat between factions the better it is going to be. I mean man we arent playing checkers anymore, this is 2003.

Seige mode is a team objective based game mode, one team infiltrates the base to steel a briefcase the other prevents it from happening.

Team uniforms make sense, whether they be of different colours or different shapes. (Or both, as in CS when you've got base skin forcing on.) Obvious difference is the important thing. Too many subtle variations on a team, and it's harder to tell who's who. (CS without skin forcing on)

Someone's mentioned Force powers being annoying in team and CTF due to their colouration, that should be changed, no question about it.

You know, variety is all very well, and we'll have a lot of variety in JA, but never forget that skins convey different advantages depending on the map. Dark maps favour players with deep coloured, matt skins, for example. That's why skin forcing is so popular among serious players. I just see Kyle all the time to be honest.

Archived