Home

Poll: Fixed Saber Color Selection or an RGB/HSL slider?

Mazellion

Should there be a fixed selection of colors or a slider?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a fixed selection of colors or a slider?

• Fixed List (with hopefully more choices than in JK2)
    • An RGB slider like in JediMOD
    • An HSL (hue, sat., luminosity) chart for more precision

While an RGB or HSL (Hue, saturation, luminosity) slider would present a tremendous amount of freedom, it might get under the skin of continuity purist........at LucasArts. There also lies in some extra work needed for all the sabers to look good with a full range of colors to pick from (the RGB slider with JediMOD for JK2 had a few problems, like having it appear to be a row of dots instead of a smooth line).

Originally posted by Cloud Tiamat

While an RGB or HSL (Hue, saturation, luminosity) slider would present a tremendous amount of freedom, it might get under the skin of continuity purist........

Like me I guess.

Fixed all the way. We already have all the colours we see in movies anyway. The last thing we need is a bunch of "kewl d00ds" running around with "My Little Pony" lightsabers.

Ick.

I voted for RGB, since I would like a very dark blue to purple lightsaber (montreal blue or navy blue or the like)... BUT I understand there must be color restrictions, maybe they could make it so you only have acces to certain spectras (sp??)...

What they should for modding is let you add blade colors (or even blade shapes) like you could add avatars in JK2 (or in this case, add model parts). That would offer a lot more freedom by having an open-ended selection instead of having to replace an existing color.

Originally posted by Cloud Tiamat

What they should for modding is let you add blade colors (or even blade shapes) like you could add avatars in JK2 (or in this case, add model parts). That would offer a lot more freedom by having an open-ended selection instead of having to replace an existing color.

Yes. Have basic saber colors but be allowed to choose your saber color with a saber color customizer. So if you want you can customise the color, but you can just use normal colors. Oh yeah, please fix the white lightsabers you get with the Jedi Outcast Mod that disabled you from actually using the blade color you made. :mad:

EDIT: No wait! Make all three availible. That way everyone's happy!:)

Originally posted by Stormtrooper X

Yes. Have basic saber colors but be allowed to choose your saber color with a saber color customizer. So if you want you can customise the color, but you can just use normal colors.

But do you really want to be running around in MP and see nothing but pink and teal lightsabers? Because that is what will happen. Why not just provide a variety of predetermined colours?

Originally posted by Prime Minister of Teal and Pink Lightsaber Land with Love Hearts

But do you really want to be running around in MP and see nothing but pink and teal lightsabers? Because that is what will happen. Why not just provide a variety of predetermined colours?

Pink: no one would dare make themself look like a girl. Teal: Not too bad, put only a few morons would go for that. I just play MP against the computer, I don't waste my time against cheaters and newbie's. I fight against jedi masters. There could easily be servers with restrictions against teal and pink morons. One for each of those colors is enough. But do you want to see nothing but blue and green lightsabers?:confused: No!:mad:

Pink: no one would dare make themself look like a girl.

Riiiight... and next you're going to tell us that people aren't shockingly dumb either...? :rolleyes:

(Trust me: they are. They are dumber than anything you can imagine, or just determined to piss you off no matter what it takes)

I just play MP against the computer, I don't waste my time against cheaters and newbie's. I fight against jedi masters.

Cheaters? There are cheaters in JO? Where? How? :confused:

Jedi masters? You mean those retarded bots that do nothing but run backwards until you manage to catch up on them and kill them in 0,2 seconds at which point they respawn and continue running backwards? :D

I'm perfectly happy with the saber colours we have. More variety is good, but please don't let people choose silly colours, because if they can, they will. If we had a "my little pony"-skin with a heart shaped saber, all servers would be filled with people using 'em. :mad:

Originally posted by Luc Solar

If we had a "my little pony"-skin with a heart shaped saber, all servers would be filled with people using 'em. :mad:

Where can I find this skin?

I wish to...destroy it. Yeh, thats it.

I was thinking RGB was great like in Promod. Did I mention Promod? Oh, OK then. But actually having read the above comments I think I agree with the fixed people myself, maybe 2 or 3 additions to the fixed set would be nice, but having alterable colours will lead to some rather silly and annoying colours, fixed has a more authentic feel.

Actually, there isn't really much work in having RGB/HSL Sabers.

Its all a matter of the code colour of the saber blades. And even if multiplayer, its just the number prefixed onto a player at the beginning of the duel.

I am all for RGB/HSL sabers, and I dont really see how they can be abused.

Originally posted by JediBozQ

Actually, there isn't really much work in having RGB/HSL Sabers.

Its all a matter of the code colour of the saber blades. And even if multiplayer, its just the number prefixed onto a player at the beginning of the duel.

Obviously the coding difficulty is not the issue. It is the results of putting such a feature in the game that we are worried about.

Pink: no one would dare make themself look like a girl.

So anyone who is using the Mon Mothma, Jan, or Tavion skins online are really all girls? And if the worst people did online was make themselves look like girls, the world would be a better place.

Teal: Not too bad, put only a few morons would go for that.

Is that because there are only a few morons online?

I just play MP against the computer, I don't waste my time against cheaters and newbie's. I fight against jedi masters.

After your last two statements, that much is obvious. Anyone who has ventured into cyberspace would know that everyone and there dog would pick pink lightsabers because it would be "kewl".

And fighting against Jedi Masters? Yep, that Bot AI sure puts up one heck of a fight! :)

There could easily be servers with restrictions against teal and pink morons. One for each of those colors is enough.

But why go through all the trouble? Why not just avoid having it in the game in the first place?

But do you want to see nothing but blue and green lightsabers? No!

YES!

If I had my way, there would only be green, blue, and red. But I recognize that others might want to have a few more choices, so having purple and yellow are not a big deal. After than, you can make a mod for it, as far as I'm concerned.

Alright. I'm not all too familiar over the multiplayer servers crap online. But could someone enlighten me how the colours of the saber blades are abused?

I'm still way clueless over that. ( In fact, I modified my saber to have a white blade in my SP :p )

People would choose colours that are plain stupid or exploitable. A pink saber with orange dots? An invisible saber? A black saber?

If we had numerous non-silly colours to choose from, the result would be much better. Enough variety, but nothing retarded. That's what I'm hoping for. :)

Originally posted by Luc Solar

People would choose colours that are plain stupid or exploitable. A pink saber with orange dots? An invisible saber? A black saber?

If we had numerous non-silly colours to choose from, the result would be much better. Enough variety, but nothing retarded. That's what I'm hoping for. :)

Exactly. :)

JediBozQ, the saber colours are not abused currently, because there is only a limited set to choose from. If the sliding colour scale is implemented, then you can be sure that the colours many people will choose will be for the purpose of annoying other people (i.e. pink). Sadly, this is just the kind of behavior that occurs constantly online.

So why open the game up to that kind of behavior if it can be prevented? :)

Archived