Home

SPOILER ALERT:Discussion about The Matrix story(VERY LONG)

I got this long statement from regarding the explanation behind Matrix

I posted my own opinion below too...

I'm terribly sorry for those who haven't not watched the movie yet, hope the 'SPOILER ALERT' could at least help prevent that...

Feel free to state your opinons :D

Source: http://www.coronaproductions.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/001913.html

"Ok I saw Reloaded last night and after having a good 2-3hr discourse with my friends about the film, I think anyone who didn't understand it and didn't like the film "didn't get it." Don't get me wrong, that's not a knock. But the things I've heard don't jive with what is really in the film, in terms of the depth of meaning.

This movie *needs* an after film discourse, and needs to be seen multiple times. There were certainly a few parts where I had to suspend my disbelief even moreso (burly brawl, but even then, it really was heads and tails above anything we've ever seen. Hello, anyone remember the CGI in Blade 2? Now try to imagine a camera swooping in and out of that drivel), but the film as a story was chock full of plot.

I can try to answer any questions/problems that people have had with the film. I did that with my partner last night after he said he really didn't like the film, didn't understand it. After we talked with our friends about the movie, he was like "Holy ****."

I can just put it like this simply. The Matrix made me question what is real and what is virtually generated. Reloaded made me question the first Matrix. They were almost polar opposites in every facet

Matrix 1: Morpheus wakes up Neo to the truth about the world and his purpose, and informs him that he's part of a larger system that he helps perpetuate by staying asleep.

Matrix 2: Neo wakes up Morpheus to the truth of his existence, and how he's been "used" along with all other Zion humans, to continue to perpetuate the system.

Matrix 1: Trinity revives Neo after bullet wounds to his chest with the kiss of love.

Matrix 2: Neo revives Trinity after a bullet wound to the chest by the power of his love and his ability to manipulate her digital self.

Btw, I think that when Neo entered her Matrix code, he was in fact shutting down the signals that her Matrix self was sending to her body that said "Die, you've been shot." Remember, only Neo had the ability to fully control his surroundings. For the rest of them, the Matrix was more powerful than their ability to keep from dying, even when receiving a digital "mortal wound." Neo changed her code to shut down that signal, which is why he removed the bullet first, then jump started her heart.

Matrix 1: The Oracle says "What will really bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything" when speaking with Neo about the Vase. Makes you wonder about a lot of things. If this is all about choice, and how we are influenced by suggestive comments, what about the rest of their "choices?"

I think the Oracle planted Trinity's love for Neo, and Neo's love for Trinity, through suggestion. More on this in the "Matrix 2" portion.

Matrix 2: During the scene with the Architect, I got the feeling that in the prior 5 incarnations of "The One," they all chose to rejoin the Matrix in order to save all mankind. If you remember, the Architect told Neo that the previous 5 went into the door because they felt an overwhelming connection to their species, i.e. the human race.

I think the Oracle realized this. I think she created Trinity and Neo's love affair in the 6th iteration in order to try and break the cycle. That's why she told Trinity that she would definitely fall in love with the one. Looking back at the first one, I think Trinity was scoping him out and really looking for that love. Then the Oracle told Neo, "I can see why she likes you." From Neo's reaction, he obviously didn't have a clue who that was, so I don't think he was really looking to be in love. However, once the Oracle gave him that hint, he either consciously or subconsciously began trying to figure out who it was, and they connected.

So I believe their love affair was engineered by the Oracle in order to give Neo another choice. In the past, the Ones had two choices. Rejoin the Matrix to save all of Humanity, or let all of Humanity and the machines die.

And if you recall, that's what M2 has been all about. The choices we are given, and the reasons we choose them.

However this time, the One had a third option. Save the love of his life. And in a rather human display of illogic and emotion, as the architect stated, Neo chose the love of his life, which broke the cycle as the Oracle intended.

Neo was given a choice, but in retrospect, he never had one. From the moment the Oracle "commanded" Trinity and Neo to fall in love, he was already set on the path to choose her over the rest of humanity and the machines.

And that goes back to the point about what is really choice. What is really free will. If there is truly a god (christian that is), did he/she/it really create all of us with free will? That god stated in the bible that we all have free choice, the ability to make up our own minds. The ends of those means are either heaven or hell. However, if god is omniscient, then he/she/it already knows who goes to heaven and hell. So in a sense, it's already been predetermined.

So that gets back to the original point of do we *truly* have free will, and what indeed is free will then?

There are a lot of other mirrors between the first and second film. I'm still trying to get my head around everything. Please forgive the stream of consciousness-like post, but I really needed to get all of this crap out. Believe it or not there's a lot more where this came from. But I'm kind of a philosophy nerd anyways. :lol:

Btw, regarding Neo's ability to stop the machines. I do not believe that they are in a Matrix within a Matrix. They are truly in the "real world."

*However,* we've seen what Neo's interactions with the code in the Matrix does. When he entered Smith's code at the end of the first film, they were both enmeshed in one another. Smith said it in the second film. Something about that exchange connected the two in some way that was completely and utterly different than any other connection. Neo can sense Agents now. He can sense Smith now.

I think when he entered the source, he enmeshed with the actual code of the architect, and took that back with him to the real world. I think some of that code gave him the ability to connect to the sentient machines and send direct signals to them. Remember, he's many parts machine now (the plugs). Considering they are tied directly to his nervous system, if he gives off enough bioelectric energy from his brain (which all you biology majors should remember we use to send our nerve impulses throughout our body), he can send a brief "Stop!" command to the sentinels over a very short distance. They were on top of him.

And I think that's why he went into a coma after that. Because he had expended so much bioelectric nervous energy that his mind needed time to recuperate.

--------------------

Now, everyone remember the 'system failure' at the end of the first matrix? I believe that is what the architect was talking about. When Neo became "The One," the matrix began to break down. That's why the rebels freed more people in the last 6 months than they had in the prior 6 years. The Matrix was breaking down and more and more people were becoming aware of the truth.

That is why the architect said that if Neo didn't rejoin the Matrix and disperse his code to the new matrix, everything and everyone would die. This continuous cycle of birth, death, and regeneration was necessary in order to keep the codebase fresh and appealing for the billions of minds connected to the system.

I'm thinking more on this particular bit, so please don't mind the brevity of my discussion on this portion.

----------------------------------------

In the first matrix, morpheus summed up what the matrix truly was. When we first saw the matrix, we believed he was strictly speaking about the actual virtual world. However, I believe that the matrix is not the virtual world. I believe it's the virtual world + Zion.

"What is the matrix? Control. The Matrix is a computer generated dream world built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this."

Then he holds up a battery. However, I think his speech needs to be editted.

"What is the matrix? Control. The Matrix is a construct built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this."

Cue the battery.

The Matrix is the virtual world, *and* it is Zion. But only the virtual world is encoded. The machines were able to get their programming of the matrix to a 99% acceptance rate. However, 1% of the population would reject the code, and one of that 1% would become an anomaly so large that he/she would become "The One." In order to keep the system running smoothly, they had to build in a contingency for that 1% to leave the virtual world, make a choice as it were.

That is why they were allowed to leave the Matrix and build their city of Zion. In order to give them purpose. As smith stated in the second film, what are we without purpose to our lives? Nothing.

However, once The One reached the source, he was to disperse his code back into the original matrix, and choose 23 new human beings to start a new zion. He would create a prophecy that another "One" just like him would follow and hail the destruction of the matrix. It gave that 1% of the population a purpose in life. It gave them meaning.

It was the means by which the matrix could be purged of the "rabble rousers" and the rest of humanity kept under wraps. The entire first film was all engineered by the uber creators of the Matrix.

Btw, I think that when the one joined the matrix and dispersed his code, it gave everyone born into the matrix a subconscious choice. Would they accept the world around them, or would they not. That is why Morpheus in the first film stated that "You've felt something was wrong with the world your entire life, you don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."

I think that that 1% of the population makes the subconscious choice to live outside the matrix, and thus they are "gifted" with the ability to change the matrix in little ways. The "gift" as the oracle would say. Some with the "gift" are more powerful than others obviously, and one is so powerful that he becomes "The One."

This is my own explanation, coupled with some from my friends.

"in my opinion, Zion is actually another part of the Matrix, which provides a choice for those who rejects the Matrix to build their own world in Zion and have a "virtually-true" purpose in life. In fact their "true purpose" in life, is actually just an illusion to them that they have already escaped the Matrix, and they can do what they want, to rebel against their creator and their source of origin.

However, they did not know that they are still within the Matrix, and in fact, there is NO such thing as the real world The only world that exists is the world of their Creator - and there is NO way for humans to go to!

Humans are just like fishes which lives in a fish tank, they can try to deny their fish tank "world" and escape from their fish tank, BUT the only place they can go to ...IS STILL ANOTHER FISH TANK! They can have mass orgy there and curse their owner, yet ONCE they leave their fish tanks and enter their owner's world, THEY DIE !

They just cannot survive.

How many times have human try to answer the question "Who are we?" "Where do we come from?" and "Is there another world outside our giant fishtank - the Earth?"

Space exploration programmes launched astronauts to the space that exists outside Earth, but they just cannot survive outside Earth for long.

Or if there is a "world" outside the universe, that will explain in example that - the Earth is the Matrix, the Space is Zion (also another Matrix) and the world outside the universe will be a world of the Creator of the Matrix, which likely humans cannot even go or cant even exist there.

Remember, a created program cannot exist in the world of the programmer. the Created [humans] cannot exist in the Creator's [the Matrix Creator's] world.

Thus Human do not exist at all outside the Matrix. They only exist inside the Matrix.

The Architect's human form was probably only another program designed to meet Neo so that Neo can see him, though he claimed he is the creator of the Matrix [who is not supposed to be a human].

Like Jesus was given by God a choice to choose or not to choose to save Men from their destiny, Neo too, also like the people in Zion who were given a choice, he has a choice in his life - to follow his creator's will and reload the Matrix like what his predecessors did, and follow through the entire process of what the Matrix is supposed to do,

OR choose to rebel against his creator [ to end the Matrix and Humanity] in the HOPE of saving Trinity AND in the HOPE that Zion is able to defend themselves from the Sentinels and their destiny of destruction.

The Truth is : He do not WANT to accept the fact humans can only survive under the Creator's (of the Matrix) Rule. He wants Humans to RULE by themselves, not by any Matrix.

The Architect said:

"There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source, and the salvation of Zion. ["Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race. "]

The door to the left leads back to the matrix, to her, and to the end of your species......

.......An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple, and obvious truth:

she [Trinity] is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it. "

when Neo choosed the left door, the Architect said :" HOPE, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness."

HOPE is what Neo has in him that EVEN THOUGH he was warned that all humans will die including those on ZIon, INCLUDING Trinity, he still choose NOT to believe and HOPE that they can survive. He choosed to deny his Creator's Warnings and take them as lies.

Like Adam who choosed to eat the Fruit of Widsom which will cause Sin to enter humanity even though God warned him "If you eat the fruit, YOU WILL DIE"

Still, Adam choosed to eat the fruit, he HOPE that what God told him is a LIE. Yes he HOPED.

And that explained why every men [the descendants of Adam] tend to Sin today and has to die eventually!

As what was mentioned in the Bible, God already knew who will follow him and who will not when he created men, it's being explained in the Oracle's meeting with Neo:

*The Oracle reaches into her bag and pulls out a red candy*

The Oracle - Candy?

Neo - You already know if I’m going to take it.

The Oracle - I wouldn’t be much of an oracle if I didn’t.

Neo - But if you already know, how can I make a choice?

The Oracle -Because you didn’t come here to make a choice, you’ve already made it. You’re here to try to understand why you made it.

I would say, Matrix has many similarities to the Bible."

That's exactly what I'm talking about! That's what I meant when I said it had more substance and storyline. It's so much deeper than just "Neo fights an ass load of agents"; everybody has to look at the big picture. I had seen most of it before I left the theater (this post did make me think though), and that's why I say hands down that this film is better than the first. Thanks for the post J.K. Luke; great information.

[Edit] Sorry if this seems like an "I told you so" post. I'm just happy that other people see the movie just like I do.

Well, frankly Matrix Reloaded really has story plot that's so deep, not everyone can manage to comprehend the whole story. My suggestion and that of the forum might be very subjective(as it's based on our intuition, movie quotes), however, I believe that we're close :D

I agree with Jackrabbit, and you totally have the right to say I told you so. Honestly, and please don't eat my soul, when I posted on the other thread, i hadn't seen it yet, I was just going off what some of my friends were saying *kicks friends in the head* After reading this post and then seeing the movie, I change my vote to Reloaded.

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

I skimmed a bit of it. And it's a good insight, im watching it tommorow. So i will be able to give my full views then. :)

and also tell me how to unlock NEO in ETM :naughty:

Here's another interesting tidbit regarding Matrix:

Forgive me for the deluge, but I have been scouring the net for forums with INTELLIGENT discussion on Reloaded and this seems to be a haven. Here are some very interesting research points I lifted from the comingsoon.net Reloaded forum:

1.) 23 people (7 m & 16 w) = the number of chromosones before fertilization. If Zion is being restarted (or "born") this would make sense.

Also, Genesis 7:16 says, "And they that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the LORD shut him in." 7:16, Genesis=the beginning

2.) Could Merovingian have been one of the previous ones? Remember that Persephone said "he was once like you"

3.) Neo - Meaning New, also an anagram of 'One'. Also you should consider the parallel to not only 'the one' being a reference to Neo as a Christ figure, but also as 'Ones & Zeros' in binary, the language of computers.

Mr. Anderson, Neo's other name - 'Ander' is a root form for 'man'. Anderson would be 'Son of Man'

Morpheus: Greek god of sleep and dreams. He had the ability to project and create anything into the dreams of humans. He could 'morph' into anyone or object in a human's dream.

Nebuchadnezzar - The greatest king in ancient Babylon. God destroyed the Jewish Kingdom of Judah through Nebuchadnezzar, because Judah had ignored the profits God had sent. King Nebuchadnezzar is also significant because he had two dreams that he could not interpret, in fact, he could not even remember the first dream until Daniel told him what it was. The quote that Morpheus says in the movie, "I dreamed a dreamed, but now that dream is gone for me" is a paraphrase from Nebuchadnezzar out of the book of Daniel (I cheated and looked that quote up).

Persephone - Greek Goddess that was promised, unbeknownst to her, to Hades, the god of the dead. Hades opened up a hole in the earth to swallow Persephone. When her mother, Demeter, demanded her return, it was discovered that Persephone had tasted the food of the dead, and therefore was doomed to remain in the Underworld for 3 months out of the year (Winter). While on Earth, she was the most happy and carefree of the gods, while in the Underworld, she was cold and unforgiving.

Seraph - singular of Seraphim, the highest caste of angels in the Bible.

Merovingian - Okay, the most historically accurate account is that this was a group of kings in France that said they could trace their ancestry back to Jesus and Mary Magdalene. If you're a conspiracy buff, the Merovingian have lots of connections to the Illuminati, and have been around since the beginning of time, and include Bush and Clintion.

Niobe - Great story. This lady was arrogant enough to mock the goddess Leto, the mother of Apollo and Artemis, saying that Leto only had one boy and one girl, and that since Niobe had 7 of each, they should worship her instead. Well, this kinda ticked off the gods, and Apollo and Artemis went and slaughtered all 14 of the kids. The father, seeing his children dead, went nuts and thought it'd be a good idea to try to kill the immortal Apollo. He failed miserably. Niobe tried to flee with her youngest daughter, but was found on a mountain where she was turned to stone, but was permitted to cry. She has since been crying, and her tears have formed a creek down the mountain. She is seen as a symbol of eternal grief and suffering.

The Oracle - The principle Oracle in Greek society was the Oracle of Delphi, which was Oracle dedicated to Apollo.

Bane - the straight definition is something that brings about a suffering or death. It can also be a poison.

4.) The oracle told Neo that some programs appear as aparitions, in forms of vampires, werewolves, and ghosts, in the Matrix to "assimilate" rogue programs that are engaging in illelgal activities. Did you notice A)the blond twins with dreads morph into GHOSTS with scary faces while attacking or going through walls and doors? B)Merovingian's bodyguards were watching a vampire movie on tv..Persephone shot one of them dead. ...after doing so, she asked "how many guns do you know are loaded with silver bullets?" They were werewolves! I thought that was sheer genious! It took me two viewings to realize my conclusions

5.) ALot of people have talked about a theory of a matrix within

a matrix. Several theories think that the machines are trying to

rid themselves of the 1% anomally (the 1% that resists the matrix) and thus will have a matrix free of choice.

6.) there is a reason why its 314 seconds : 3.14 is pie and pie represents the circumference of a circle. when u get to pie, u get to the end which is also the beginning. same with cycle of the matrix. which restarted 5 times already.

Those are some good facts/theories JK Luke. Now you've got me interested in looking up more information. I've got to hand it to the Watchowski(sp?) bros; they've put a lot of thought into all this.

I have also been thinking about the possibility of a Matrix inside a Matrix; a way to keep the curious inline, and away from the real truth. My friend said that would really suck (obviously). Well, I said "The Watchowski(sp?) bros watch a lot of anime, and you know how most anime ends..." So, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end the machines won, or everybody is destroyed.

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

Those are some good facts/theories JK Luke. Now you've got me interested in looking up more information. I've got to hand it to the Watchowski(sp?) bros; they've put a lot of thought into all this.

I have also been thinking about the possibility of a Matrix inside a Matrix; a way to keep the curious inline, and away from the real truth. My friend said that would really suck (obviously). Well, I said "The Watchowski(sp?) bros watch a lot of anime, and you know how most anime ends..." So, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end the machines won, or everybody is destroyed.

here's an interesting animatrix movie clip (4 parts) that hints about the matrix, you might wanna check it out:

IntotheMatrix

Already seen them ;). My favorites are The Second Renaissance 1 and 2. After 1 I felt a little sorry for the machines, and after 2 I wanted to join in the fight against them :p. I'm thinking of buying the rest of The Animatrix on DVD, but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for the link anyway.

I found the post to be very eye opening, but I'm still sticking to my position that the original was better. :D

About the article though, I have one argument I can think of right now (the post was a bit lengthy ;) ) . First the whole "system failure" thing. It was my interpretation that the failure was not of the Matrix itself, but just of the tracking program used by the agents/machines. You'll notice the code is not the Matrix code, but the code shown in the begging of the movie when the agents come after Trinity.

Heres a few tidbits I've read about...

-When Switch calls Neo "coppertop" in the car is she refering to the fact that he is a "battery".

-Cypher comes from Lucipher.

-Expanding on the Oracle of Delphi thing, the Oracle told Socrates that he must "wake up" the people of Athens to their own ignorance. There are a lot of similarities between Socrate's and Neo's journey. (this has been talked about many times, just search the web for the rest of the details)

-The number 101 continually shows up (the floor where the Merovingian was, the room in the first movie where Trinity was at the beginning and where Neo was at the end...) I think this somehow symbolizes Neo being the One.

-If I remember correctly the date of the Neb's creation (I think it was 3.14 for some reason) relates to some part of the Bible that relates to the ship.

See most of my thinking comes from the little chat between neo and the archey...

See when the archey said:

The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect; it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure.

then later he stated...

Thus, I redesigned it, Based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However I was again frustrated my failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection

So he made the world more cruel a worst world for everyones mind to determine that this can only be real... that leads to the failure rate that continues over from the first matrix... the first matrix had a huge failure rate almost everyone of those people hooked in died...

We lost many fields

Is something that someone stated (tip of the tounge thing)

So when he increases the violence and the failure of the human race the failure rate declines... if you notice this quote from the archey

stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99 percent of all test subjects accepted the program as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at an unconscious level. While this answered function it was obviously fundamentally flawed thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly. That if left unchecked might threaten the system itself, ergo those that refuse the program while the minority if unchecked would cause an escalating probability of disaster.

So now the increasing violence and failure of the human race lowers the amount of people lost from the program and those who get released...

So here comes my theory.... a Matrix set up inside of the matrix...

So perfect that when all of the people are released from the secondary matrix the "real world" that they fall into the worst possible outcome... a world completely controlled by robots and computer programs... thats were the second matrix comes in... it holds every other person in to where there is no way out... everyone excepts the world they fall into no one thinks that they could fall again or "awake" agian...

Well thats one theory... coments questions concerns?

Oh and a really great website for analyzing the Archey and Neos talk is here

Enjoy!

Originally posted by Thew Rydur

I found the post to be very eye opening, but I'm still sticking to my position that the original was better. :D

About the article though, I have one argument I can think of right now (the post was a bit lengthy ;) ) . First the whole "system failure" thing. It was my interpretation that the failure was not of the Matrix itself, but just of the tracking program used by the agents/machines. You'll notice the code is not the Matrix code, but the code shown in the begging of the movie when the agents come after Trinity.

Heres a few tidbits I've read about...

-When Switch calls Neo "coppertop" in the car is she refering to the fact that he is a "battery".

-Cypher comes from Lucipher.

-Expanding on the Oracle of Delphi thing, the Oracle told Socrates that he must "wake up" the people of Athens to their own ignorance. There are a lot of similarities between Socrate's and Neo's journey. (this has been talked about many times, just search the web for the rest of the details)

-The number 101 continually shows up (the floor where the Merovingian was, the room in the first movie where Trinity was at the beginning and where Neo was at the end...) I think this somehow symbolizes Neo being the One.

-If I remember correctly the date of the Neb's creation (I think it was 3.14 for some reason) relates to some part of the Bible that relates to the ship.

the number 101 indeed shows that Neo is the One. If you notice, Neo's room is numbered 101. And if you think of the bin no of 101, you will find that 101 is the sixth iteration of the loop(considering the fact that 0 is counted in machine code).That reflects the number 0-5 and it matches to Neo being the sixth 'The One'.

as for the 3.14, I got an interesting tidbit regarding it in my prev post.

So here comes my theory.... a Matrix set up inside of the matrix...

That is the exact same impression I was left thinking at the end of the movie, Damorith. :)

The only thing I don't like about that possibility, is that the human race has no chance of winning in this movie then as far as I can see. :(

The outcome is bound to be a total defeat for them. And I don't like those kinds of movies too much. ;)

I like seeing movies where oppression gets a blow to the face, reminding us that although it seems impossible at times, oppression can be defeated.

OMG!! :eek: I have saw this film, and well. Damm i am not using no spelling here. This film kicked ass it has everything the fighting is amazing the agents. omg omg. I watched this at 10pm last night. :D

ANd im still in a overload, neo doing his superman thing. Neo kicking all those agents asses. Then at the end the suspsense OMG. :eek:

This is truely the best film i have ever watched. :)

Yeah I know Reaper. As soon as I got out of the theater I did some bullet time action over to Wal-Mart and bought the game.

Like I said, a Matrix inside the Matrix sounds like a very plausible idea. Of course, what one person said about Neo taking some power back with him, makes sense also.

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

Yeah I know Reaper. As soon as I got out of the theater I did some bullet time action over to Wal-Mart and bought the game.

Like I said, a Matrix inside the Matrix sounds like a very plausible idea. Of course, what one person said about Neo taking some power back with him, makes sense also.

yeah, but that would defy the reality rule. There's a suggestion made saying that it was an EMP blast that killed the sentinels. I personally don't know about it.

PS: lol, I would need to watch the movie again, and would post my deeper thought here again :p

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

An EMP blast wouldn't stop them dead in the air like that. They would shut down, but their "bodies" would continue on until they hit the ground.

Somehow, Neo stopped them.

I really not sure about it...

One theory to support the EMP blast is that, those sentinels was at the standstill position(they were moving and stopped when they saw Neo coming towards them) and so happen that EMP blast knocked them off ground. Well, this of course, would be too coincidence to be true...

Another theory that I could think of is that, Neo really stopped the sentinels. as we all know that Neo is anomaly, which means his brain contains the residue of all programs contained in the matrix, in which he can use them to manipulate the matrix. This leads me into thinking that Neo's brain still contain the residue program even when he's in real world(Zion), this is why he can feel the sentinels and able to shut the sentinels down.

It seems far fetched but this is what I could think of right now.

I'm gonna watch it one more time to understand the story better...

Also the fact that the sixth neo could be a wildcard by freeing smith... all of the other programs are still there and everything isn't reset everytime.. with smith being freed from the matrix.. his objective in life is to once and for all kill neo! so I think he takes over every person inside of the matrix.. (this kills my other theory) and somehow neo kills the main smith killing every person in the matrix.. kaput goes the matrix batts. and theres no way fro them to refil all of the fields for them to have power thats when they go above ground and destroy all of the machines... if you notice in the trailer for the next (if you stay after the credits) you see they go above ground and smith has taken over street loads of people... or another possiblity is that there is a tie in between smith and neo

There is a balance between Neo’s hope and the certain compromise offered by the Architect. If Neo exits through the door his predecessors chose, then he guarantees humankind’s survival, albeit under the Machine’s continued control. If Neo exits through the other door, then He might be able to possibly save Zion, save Trinity, and free the rest of mankind from the Matrix and the Machines (despite the Architects discouraging words to the contrary.) This is Neo’s “hope” and his ultimate declaration of freewill, that humans are not bound to endless cycles of prediction and obligatory responses to programmed stimuli. The information exchange that has taken place between Neo and Agent Smith and has been played up by Smith’s dialog and obsession with Neo in Reloaded may give Neo the unanticipated upper hand, giving him the power to control machines in the real world in much the same way that Agent Smith is able to override human beings in the real world. This may also be why Neo is able to shut down the Squidy Sentinels at the end of the film, as described above.

And another thing that kills my other theory of a double matrix is...

The phrase “back to the matrix” indicates that the system crash is caused by Neo’s continued tampering with those who live in the Matrix, causing more and more of them to reject the programming and so, “whole crops will be lost,” most likely as the machines are given no alternative use for them and, therefore, kill them. This phrase “back to the matrix” also indicates that Zion is not a part of the Matrix given that Zion is mentioned distinctly as a part of the alternate choice whereby Neo does not “go back to the Matrix.” This demonstrates that going back to the Matrix does not include going back to Zion and so Zion is not a part of the Matrix. Zion is real.

So tell me if that bakes your noodle.. :p

Just a note: Spoiler for ETM.

The comment that an EMP blast may have caused the sentinals to "die"...

I finished the game and then watched the movie.

The end of the game has Naobi's ship do an EMP blast. It correlates rather well with the timing of Neo's encounter with the sentinals.......But you can usually see an EMP blast move through an area. You didn't see that with Neo.

Archived