Home

Starsider server full?

Dr. Zaius

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

They have at least half finished it, due to the ammount of data we are seeing. :) And more invites going out. :D

The answer is usually in the question :)

If they were so close to release, why would they need to send more invites out?

There's only so much I can say without violating the NDA. I mean you can either take my word on it, or camp outside of a software shop at the end of June, haha :D

Personally, I wouldn't break out my sleeping bag just yet :)

I'm not saying that the game isn't half complete. That would be seriously wrong. I do believe that we haven't seen the halfway point of this phase of Beta, however. At least, I hope so, for everyone's sake.

Originally posted by Mujahid

The answer is usually in the question :)

If they were so close to release, why would they need to send more invites out?

There's only so much I can say without violating the NDA. I mean you can either take my word on it, or camp outside of a software shop at the end of June, haha :D

Personally, I wouldn't break out my sleeping bag just yet :)

I'm not saying that the game isn't half complete. That would be seriously wrong. I do believe that we haven't seen the halfway point of this phase of Beta, however. At least, I hope so, for everyone's sake.

Well thanks for your insight dude, i thought they might be sending out more invites so they can test more things out. As they have completed all the testing, with minimum testing. :D

In my opinion, that means there closing near the deadline. :)

I DO see how Starsider will be full. Oh, you'll be able to create a character there during it's slow time (probably during the day when people are at work) but that doens't guarantee you a space to log in during peak playing times.

Of everyone I've contacted, read, polled, 98% are planning on Starsider. My two favorite choices of PA's are going Starsider.

My back-up will be Sunrunner as it won the vote for unofficial West Coast RP server, however, I've yet to find an RP guild that is going there.

Well...seeing how all my friends will be on Starsider I will probably just stare at the message saying "Server Is Full" or whatever they may have as the message. I will look at it for a few minutes then scratch my head and click it again...when the message comes up again is when I get a little nervous because I just won't comprehend what is happening. Then I will continue to seizure on the floor until I die. They will come up with a new term for my death: deathbystarwarsgalaxiesserveroverpopluationinducedseizureism

Danyx I DO see how Starsider will be full. Oh, you'll be able to create a character there during it's slow time (probably during the day when people are at work) but that doens't guarantee you a space to log in during peak playing times.

Even if it fills quickly, at least with the larger more well organized PAs moving in it will be a server that will be fun...

Even if it fills quickly, at least with the larger more well organized PAs moving in it will be a server that will be fun...

I couldn't agree with you more!!! I, personally, have been in contact with 6 great guilds and a group putting a city together:

The Monastery

Galactic Saga

Light of Ossus

Shards of Aldaaran

Yuushan Vong

Lone Star Cantina

and the city of Vagabond's Rest.

I also know a lot of you great people in The Associates.

All of these guilds are going Starsider.

If Starsider is habitually maxed and I can't get in, I will be horribly dissapointed.

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

If it's full, I'll probably tell all my friends, move to another server, and stay there until Starsider gets some free space.

And swediot=), I could probably send you a copy. I have no reason not to trust you.

you mean it?

as in serious?

It seems we need to ensure we have pre-ordered and are ready from day one.

That way we will be on THE server that rocks, with people who rock....

So far the majority of you guys/gals posting here are respectful, intelligent, knowledgable, and cute.:D

I know I will be on Starsider.

Yeah, I don't think there will be a problem getting into the server. Usually a server can hold...what...about 3000 players? And there are plenty of other servers they will have. If it's a matter of everyone wanting to be in an RP Server then the devs can just proclaim other servers as RP...simple as that, so I'm sure there won't be a problem.

Doesn't matter if you are the first 10 people to load up the game, that does NOT ensure you will get to PLAY on the server every day. Haven't any of you played EQ?

The population is constantly changing. One person logs out for the day and another one is allowed in. It's like the max fire-code in a bar. If X,Y,and Z log on that day before A,B and C, then A,B, and C don't get to play till X,Y and X log OUT.

It's not that they will allow 3,000 characters to be created on the server, it's that they will only allow that much on to PLAY on the server at any given time. 50,000 people can make an avatar on the server, but a finite number will be able to log in at a given time.

Originally posted by swediot=)

you mean it?

as in serious?

Yeah, definitely man. I'd have to look some stuff up, like shipping and handling, though. And...I don't know how you'd pay me. Check? I don’t know how international money handling works.

But if we figured all that stuff out, I would trust you to send me the money after you got the game. I don't want to get your hopes up though; I still live at home, and my mom has the final say. If it's ok with her though, it's ok with me.

well.... you live in usa (im guessing) so.. i could send you ummm american dollars as in cash just exchanging it over here ..... or if youd want something more exotic ill find out the exchange rate and send you the equvalent (dont know how to spell that :D) in nz dollars... youd have to send me like receipt for game and posting and handling and whatever other cost is involved id give you a small tip.... small because i need to pay the monthly bill as well :D

Originally posted by swediot=)

maybe but it would be really complicated....... too many adresses for me to send money to..... to many stamps to lick you know :D

Money???? I was going to give the money for free, like we all chip in to buy you the game. :)

Archived