Home

Short Story Writers Help Please

socialoutcast59

Hey everyone...I need some help from people who have any ability as a writer. My sister's birthday is tomorrow, and I'm putting together a book of original short stories to give her. I'm a little behind, and I need some people who have talent to write some quick ones and post them in a reply. I'll be so grateful! Thanks,

Sam

Well, the first thing you need to do, you need to put a cool nickname on the cover. Like, By Sam "The Yellow Dart" Madmonkey49. Whoa, that sounds good. Well, that's all I can think of right now, Yellow Dart. Until next time, keep sending Strong Bad emails! I mean, keep thinking!

How short, exactly? I specialize in 1-sentence wonders.

Like:

Once upon a time there was a dog who liked to chase cats and could talk, but could not talk very well, so he went to elocution class but got kicked out becouse he did something nasty to the teacher's leg, then he said in his broken talk "screw the class" and went and got into the talk radio scene, meaning of course that he chased cats on the telephone while the whole thing was broadcasting live, the end.

Or perhaps something more refined, wordy, and elegant? :)

Darn, even short stories can take more than two hours to write and revise......I was working on this great one about a juvenile delinquent who heard voices in his head. :D

It was quite humorous on the whole, but then my hands started cramping up and I found it necessary to stop for a while. Stupid hands. :mad:

I've never got the concept of short stories. on the whole, i get them, but how long is short? i've read short stories that are about 2 pages long, A4 and i've read some that are about 30 pages long A4. Someone explain.

Two words: author's choice.

IMO, 4 pages is about the max.....physically speaking. But the boundaries are always fuzzy because people do whatever the hell they want, and call it a short story. I have no problem with that, except that it makes classifying written works quite hard.

I love paper. And the stuff written on it.

*runs and finds The Four Million*

Archived