Home

How about that beta invite?

J.K Luke

Ok guys, Q-3PO posted this in SWG official forum, check this out:

Last week we sent out a LOT of invites. We did hand select a bunch of people from these forums. But we aren’t done yet, there are still some more slots to fill. This week we are sending out more invites.

Still didn’t receive an invite? Well, tomorrow will be a special day.

Sometime between 2-4 PM Pacific I will put up a couple posts asking for people to give a 2 sentence reason why they should be picked for beta. We will select 50 people from those posts (multiple ones so you don’t have to worry about being first).

Here are the rules:

You must be over 18 (sorry, the NDA is still in place, there is nothing I can do about this requirement)

You must write two and only two sentences. One sentence more or less and I’ll know you can’t follow simple directions and shouldn’t be in beta (I’m a cruel taskmaster, I know)

You must only write one response to the thread (we want to give everyone a chance, if you spam multiple times or threads it shows you can’t follow directions, see above)

You must not write the reason on my regular Weekly Wednesday Beta Update thread. I will be making separate threads. (see above)

Your SWG account must be at least a week old. I don’t want people creating all sorts of new accounts tonight to try to increase their chances. This opportunity is for existing forum members only.

Ok, you have tonight to think of what your two sentence reason for getting into beta will be. This isn’t necessarily the “Last Chance”, but we’re getting close. Good luck!

-Kevin O'Hara

Community Relations Manager

Originally posted by J.K Luke

Ok guys, Q-3PO posted this in SWG official forum, check this out:

Last week we sent out a LOT of invites. We did hand select a bunch of people from these forums. But we aren’t done yet, there are still some more slots to fill. This week we are sending out more invites.

Still didn’t receive an invite? Well, tomorrow will be a special day.

Sometime between 2-4 PM Pacific I will put up a couple posts asking for people to give a 2 sentence reason why they should be picked for beta. We will select 50 people from those posts (multiple ones so you don’t have to worry about being first).

Here are the rules:

You must be over 18 (sorry, the NDA is still in place, there is nothing I can do about this requirement)

You must write two and only two sentences. One sentence more or less and I’ll know you can’t follow simple directions and shouldn’t be in beta (I’m a cruel taskmaster, I know)

You must only write one response to the thread (we want to give everyone a chance, if you spam multiple times or threads it shows you can’t follow directions, see above)

You must not write the reason on my regular Weekly Wednesday Beta Update thread. I will be making separate threads. (see above)

Your SWG account must be at least a week old. I don’t want people creating all sorts of new accounts tonight to try to increase their chances. This opportunity is for existing forum members only.

Ok, you have tonight to think of what your two sentence reason for getting into beta will be. This isn’t necessarily the “Last Chance”, but we’re getting close. Good luck!

-Kevin O'Hara

Community Relations Manager

That is sweet, i will get my dad to sign up for it. I might get a chance, :D Thanks for the update Luke. :)

Does it get any better than this?

Possible beta play.....It could be a dream come true.:D

Between two and four (pacific time) today they will post on the official forums, and give us little-guys the chance to reply in two sentences why we should be allowed into beta.

If I get into beta3 will I still get a buddy key?http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/starwars/Forum3/HTML/126871.html

Man this suck for me I have a YMCA league basketball game at 6 eastern time so I dont think I will be able to post a reponse if its going to be around 2-4 pacifics which means 5-7 eastern. Ohh well, hopefully there will be a open beta or just another week or two.

Originally posted by Cadam11

Man this suck for me I have a YMCA league basketball game at 6 eastern time so I dont think I will be able to post a reponse if its going to be around 2-4 pacifics which means 5-7 eastern. Ohh well, hopefully there will be a open beta or just another week or to.

Hehe, we've got more than a week or two of beta left :) Unless the devs start mainlining caffeine, working 24 hours, and not taking a day off, this will NOT be released in June.

Originally posted by Cadam11

Man this suck for me I have a YMCA league basketball game at 6 eastern time so I dont think I will be able to post a reponse if its going to be around 2-4 pacifics which means 5-7 eastern. Ohh well, hopefully there will be a open beta or just another week or two.

Bah i just got home myself, i think i've missed it. Oh well. :(

Yeah sexy mark, I am not with it today I should have read it more clear and it did say that is when it will be posted and that you have until tomorrow to respond. I dont know what time to respond and ohh yeah I didnt even get to play in my basketball game because I sprained my ankle in warmups. Clumsy me............

What bums me out is after applying for the beta in Feb '02, and not getting it I went to Gamestop to reserve a copy(and see if they just happened to have an extra beta around :) ).

The guy at the counter says, "Oh my god don't do that you'll be so sorry" I said, "Huh?". He goes on with, "Have you ever heard of Anarchy online? I'm in beta right now and thats where its headed."

Needless to say I reserved my CESWG anyhow. I don't usually listen to gamestore clerks 10 years younger than I but it did still take the wind out of my sails a bit (that and they had no beta cd's). He said he had a buddy account he'd give me but quickly recanted saying he'd just packed up his stuff to head to washington. Quickly adding his face to my "to hate" list I stifled the urge to say, "I r pk u in rl!" :p

Originally posted by Talreevis

What bums me out is after applying for the beta in Feb '02, and not getting it I went to Gamestop to reserve a copy(and see if they just happened to have an extra beta around :) ).

The guy at the counter says, "Oh my god don't do that you'll be so sorry" I said, "Huh?". He goes on with, "Have you ever heard of Anarchy online? I'm in beta right now and thats where its headed."

Needless to say I reserved my CESWG anyhow. I don't usually listen to gamestore clerks 10 years younger than I but it did still take the wind out of my sails a bit (that and they had no beta cd's). He said he had a buddy account he'd give me but quickly recanted saying he'd just packed up his stuff to head to washington. Quickly adding his face to my "to hate" list I stifled the urge to say, "I r pk u in rl!" :p

Hah that is funny, i haven't gone into my game shops yet. I shall do it this weekend. :) I might be lucky.

Im also under 18, so i won't be able to enter the comp. :(

Originally posted by Talreevis

Let me set the record straight here. I played in the AO beta, and played right after launch. I'm playing in the SWG beta right now, and fully intend to play after launch.

<me to SWG>"I know AO. I tested AO. I PLAYED AO. You, sir, are NO AO!"

First off, his saying that could get his butt kicked RIGHT out of beta, no ifs ands or buts. That sort of comment is PRECISELY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY why there is an NDA covering beta testers! But secondly (and most importantly, in my opinion) is that it is patently false!

Are there bugs in SWG? OF COURSE there are bugs in SWG! Q3PO and Holocron have been ENTIRELY up front about that, every step of the way. And let me tell you, as someone on the "inside", that they are NOT blowing sunshine up your nether regions. I have never *once* read a post from either of those folks that I believed to be disingenuous in any way, shape, or form.

But to compare the current state of SWG with the state of AO after launch is ludicrous. It tells me that he only experienced ONE of the two first-hand, and got the other as 2nd hand information from someone else. He's probably mad because his pet <insert "profession", "skill", "weapon", "armor", "location", "character"> isn't working out 100% as he envisioned, because he doesn't understand the concept of "beta test".

A lot of people get hooked up with a beta and fully expect to be playing a "release level" game! That is the mistake that fosters a lot of those sorts of comments.

They could release the game tomorrow and they wouldn't have a FRACTION of the problems I experienced with AO at release and in latter stages of beta. Let me state for the record: I *fully intend* to preorder this game. I'm not one to waste money, either. I only spend money on games that I believe I am going to enjoy. And NOTHING has taken away from my enjoyment of SWG at this point. We testers find problems, /bug them, and see results. There is an EXCELLENT level of communication going on between the devs and the beta testers at this point. MUCH more so than any beta I've been a part of. You all definitely have nothing to worry about, believe me. When this thing goes gold, you're all going to know it was worth the wait.

Originally posted by Kaiser Isaac

that sux you have to be over 18...........:(

But only until the NDA is lifted. The rule about being over 18 is because a "minor" cannot legally be bound by a contract (in the U.S.). So, making a "minor" sign the NDA is kind of pointless since there is no recourse for SOE should that minor "violate" the NDA.

I put "violate" in quotes since the minor was never really bound to begin with.

i was going to sign up and all... but i dont really have the wittyness to say something good... i was gonna say i have waited like 3 years and done an awefull lot of things for the SWG.net community.. but then again.. such words mean nothing ofcourse :(

i didnt sign up... mostly because i was promissed a beta buddy key.. but that has beena long time now :(

still waiting :(

Archived