Home

Release Date

Damarius

Originally posted by Damarius

Any predictions on the release date? According to Media Play a computer software distributar on the east coast the strategy guide is schelduled for release on June 16th and the game the week on the 20th.

Can't Wait :)

We are all hoping for around june time, a proper release has not been verified. :D

But 20th sounds about right to me. :)

I know I sound like a broken record, folks. Sorry about that. But I just want to try and manage everyone's expectations.

If this game is released in June it will ONLY be because the developers worked 24 hours, 7 days per week, and ALL bug fixes didn't, in-turn, cause other bugs.

And even then, in order to actually be in our hands in the month of June, they would have to do all of this with enough time to:

1. Fix enough bugs until they (devs and publisher) could live with the "known issues list" as it stands before them.

2. Go through a "final" round of internal QA.

3. Get feedback from QA personnel, essentially modifying/shrinking/expanding the "Known Issues list".

4. Perform more bug fixing and unit testing.

5. Re-submit to QA.

6. Repeat steps 3-5 as necessary until all interested parties can live with the "Known Issues List" (There WILL be known issues at release, you know :) ).

7. Get final signoff from all interested parties.

8. Ship "final" code to CD stampers.

9. Stamp all the CDs

10. Distribute the CDs

11. Stores stock the shelves.

We're not even at Step #1 yet folks. Steps 8-11 ALONE could take 2 weeks (the stamping house isn't going to be stamping SWG exlusively :) There are other dev houses with releases going gold also).

Steps 2-3 could easily reach into the 1-2 week range, and steps 4-6 are indeterminite! There's no guarantee they'll even be able to FIX certain bugs, which could require major re-writes of other code modules.

The official word from SOE is "Summer 2003". Just keep in mind that "Summer", here in the U.S., extends WELL into September. I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubbles. I'm just trying to do my part to avoid the depression that is going to hit this board around late June :)

The game is AWESOME!!! But there's work to be done.

I was in Electronic Boutique yesterday and they have a "written" release date of June 24th. But I tend to agree with Mujahid, Expect another delay...This whole accepting a few more Beta's seems rather conspicuous......Not being negative. Anyway whatever is best for us should happen, and that is a great game at release.

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius

All of the online stores say around June 23-28th So im guessin its around then.

You know where the stores get those release dates from? Somewhere north of their ankles and south of the base of their spine :)

When SOE has an ACTUAL release date, we'll probably know before anyone else, because they'll POST it.

Originally posted by Dark Moon

Only about 20 more dyas then... hopefully...

*Prays fervently*

Are you guys insane? I have vacation time to plan for this. ;)

"Um, yes, Mr. Q sir? Can I ask you a favor? Yes, um, I'm going to need two weeks advance notice on that release date, is that okay?"

I say june 25th or around there and I am sure the stores are doing an educated geuss on the release date, and most people think of summer as july-august and september as begining of fall :p

Archived