Home

attempted terrorist attack on QANTAS flight Melbourne to Launceston this afternoon

Natty

Two Qantas flight attendants stabbed

29may03

TWO people were stabbed and two others injured aboard a Qantas flight from Melbourne to Launceston this afternoon.

Two flight attendants, a man aged in his late 30s and a woman aged in her 20s, were stabbed and had been taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Metropolitan Ambulance spokesman James Howe.

An Australian Federal Police spokeswoman said one man was in custody being interviewed.

Qantas flight QF 1737 was enroute to Launceston when there was a melee on board, forcing the aircraft to immediately return to Melbourne's Tullamarine airport.

The aircraft took off shortly before 3pm, according to reports.

Qantas have provided no details other than confirming the incident took place Mr Howe said the flight attendants were both in a stable condition with facial lacerations.

Two passengers were also treated by paramedics at the scene for minor injuries.

A man has been arrested at Melbourne Airport over an alleged stabbing on a Qantas flight between Melbourne and Launceston.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au

It was also said on the news the man was trying to gain access to the cockpit with a can of lighter fluid...

Also I heard another report that said that the guy used sharpened sticks to stab the people with, which is why they weren't picked up by the detectors :( Now I'm starting to stress coz I'm flying up to Sydney in like 3weeks :(

Two stabbed on Qantas flight

Federal Transport Minister John Anderson says a man who stabbed two flight attendants on a flight from Melbourne to Launceston tried to crash the plane shortly after takeoff.

A man who tried to force his way into the cockpit of a Qantas jet stabbed two flight attendants before crew and passengers managed to subdue him, federal police said.

The mid-air drama happened shortly after QF1737 left Melbourne for Launceston at 2.50pm (AEST) Thursday, a federal police spokeswoman said.

"We believe a male passenger was attempting to enter the cockpit and was subdued by flight attendants and passengers," a spokeswoman said.

The flight turned around and a man was taken into custody by federal agents after it landed in Melbourne.

Transport Minister John Anderson told reporters the attack was carried out with a sharp wooden implement.

There was no evidence it was an act of terrorism, or premeditated.

Two flight attendants - a man aged in his late 30s and a woman aged in her 20s - were stabbed during the incident.

They have been taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital in a stable condition with facial lacerations, Metropolitan Ambulance spokesman James Howe said.

Two passengers were also treated by paramedics at the scene for minor injuries.

Qantas would not comment immediately on the incident.

In those immortal words... "I understand and relate to those [terrorists]". I think you know who I'm talking about.

Seriously though, there's this stupid story where two afgani terrorists hijacked a plane, redirected it to england and held people hostage for 5 or so days on board. They were arrested but RELEASED AND GIVEN ASYLUM IN ENGLAND. Why? Because they had no CHOICE other than to hijack the plane to get out of afganistan. I think that's so wrong it's funny.

So any guys out there looking to come to england or ireland for free money and other free stuff, just hijack a plane and terrorise people for a few days! Just make sure you accidently on purpose destroy all your files so they can't prove your life isn't really in danger.

It will be when I get my ****ing hands on you.

Originally posted by Meksilon

Natty there's no evidence that it was a terroriest attack.

Daniel

I didn't say it was a terrorist attack, I said attempted I'm sorry but anyone who tries to hijack planes or kill lots of innocent people is considered terrorism to me, I don't really care what you think anyway, you're the idiot who sympathises and understands with people who bash other people up for no reason.

I suppose you understand why those idiots flew a couple of planes into the Pentagon and WTC? Get a grip on reality.

Originally posted by Natty

I didn't say it was a terrorist attack, I said attempted...

There is no evidence that the attack was an attempted terrorist attack. I'm not saying this because I want to argue with you or to tell you your wong, I'm saying it because international people here won't realise that the stabbing wasn't related to terrorisim.

Daniel.

Originally posted by Yufster

So what would you call the hijacking of a plane, stabbing of a man and the attempted take over of that plane? It's an act of terrorism. Maybe not against a country, or a government, but certainly against individuals.

Thankyou, I'm glad someone else sees the obvious. For a moment there I thought I was the only one. Someone else has a brain. If only other people had a brain as well things would be much easier.

Originally posted by Meksilon

There is no evidence that the attack was an attempted terrorist attack. I'm not saying this because I want to argue with you or to tell you your wong, I'm saying it because international people here won't realise that the stabbing wasn't related to terrorisim.

Daniel.

Terrorist - one who tries to frighten people into doing what they want.

Do what you want with that, that's the definition.

Yeah. No actually. Fair City is. It's soo bad. There's nothing like watching irish people try to act.

"John. I. I'm pregnant."

"What?" *grim* "Who's the father?"

"It..." *hesitation* "It's Flinn"

"Flinn? My brother? GOD. Why, Mary?"

"You never loved me! I needed to feel wanted! It was, oh, it was a stupid mistake!"

"I always loved you."

"No, you always loved work. You were always worrying about the latest business deal! Never time for us, John. For your family."

"I was working to support our family!"

"Well it's too late now John. I'm leaving."

"God mary, no. No"

"I'm sorry."

*in slow motion* "noooooooooooo!"

MEANWHILE, BACK IN LAURAS HOUSE

"Micheal, I'm having an affair."

"Jesus. Is there somebody else?"

"Yes. I'm having an affair, you see."

"Who is it."

"It's Dick."

"My brother? God, Laura, how could you?"

"You never had time for me!"

MEANWHILE, BACK IN PETERS HOUSE

*insert embarressing bad sex scene here*

"God, Jane, I can't do this."

"What's wrong peter?"

"Nothing, it's just..."

"...There's somebody else isn't there?"

"No, Jane, it's not like that, I..."

"You bastard! How could you do it?"

"Fine! I'm sleeping with your sister!"

INSERT DIRE DREADFUL THEME HERE. TO BE CONTINUED

Next week! Sally cheats on Micheal, Jack sleeps with Rory behind Neils back and Louse runs off... with the milkman!

Read the above (fake) extract in a monotonous voice, and looked sort of moronic. Make a couple of hand gestures and display no emotion. THAT is fair city.

Neil Joshi is the all time fan, he has both season one and two box sets on DVD (hilarious commentary by actors and directors (all in the same room!)) and on monday, season three comes out, but I'm not getting it till thurday when all my exams will be finished and I'll get a chance to celebrate.

Originally posted by Yufster

Now let's kiss and make up. Mek, you're forgiven.

Oh my god, my two year old sister came up and hugged me and said, "I'm pweg-a-nant"

Awwwwwwwww how cute, I love kids. Does she know who the father is? *giggles*

Archived