Home

Concussion confirmation? in Elecplay Preview

txa1265

I always thought they should get rid of that secondary fire.... the main danger of the conc (at least to me:D ) was that if the enemy charged you you tended to blow yourself up as well.

but giving it a secondary fire without an area effect negated this disadvantage.

although, i still liked the secondary effect cos it looked like the rail gun from quake 2, still probably the coolest weapon effect ever... but put it on another weapon!

maybe the secondary fire could be using the butt of the gun, or setting it on overload and dropping it... causing a massive explosion when it goes off, but destroying the weapon. :D

Force pushing compressed air away sounds a bit wrong, but maybe it would disipate it's power a bit.

If it is compressed air, then surely it would decomress over time, making the effect smaller the further it went, another good balancing factor.

Originally posted by toms

maybe the secondary fire could be using the butt of the gun, or setting it on overload and dropping it... causing a massive explosion when it goes off, but destroying the weapon. :D

I really like that idea ... it would send out a seismic shockwave like in the asteroid chase of AotC ... just use Force Speed to get the heck out of there!

Force pushing compressed air away sounds a bit wrong, but maybe it would disipate it's power a bit.

If it is compressed air, then surely it would decomress over time, making the effect smaller the further it went, another good balancing factor.

If not pushing it away (i.e. repel) at least dissipate.

Mike

Ug, the "Conc" and the Rail detonater totally ruined the multiplayer in JK in my humble opinion... But for some reason it was much less of a problem in MotS.

On a similiar note... anyone else notice that the Rail Detonator actually does much more damage, fires faster, uses its own ammo and has about the same projectile speed as the conc but people in multiplayer still seemed to find the Conc more effective for some reason... I guess it was for the sole fact that it had a larger blast radius... Anyways, I always like the Rail det better myself...

But if we're talking the Dark Forces Concussion rifle then I'm all for it... The sound was much cooler than the JK conc, and the projectile was invisible until explosion... which was practically instant.

I think in order to balance the conc out correctly a few things should be done:

Lower the damage and speed slightly from the JK1 version... that was just alittle bit too uber.

Make the concussion blast much weaker the farther away the "projectile" explodes. So the closer you are the more damage it does, but also the more dangerous it would be to you. It would also make it primarily a medium range weapon, since sniping would be impossible because of shorter range.

Add even more obvious of a kick back as to prevent a conc projectile from always hitting its target... Make 5 or so shots in a row move the gunner back a few feet to force alittle bit of readjusting.

And lastly, I think a succesfuly force push used on a conc projectile should explode the projectile where its at instead of unrealistically sending it right back at the attacker. That way a skilled jedi could use force push on a Conc wiedling opponent just as he fires, having deadly results for the gunner, but if the force push is used to late it will still hurt the jedi.

Anyways... I hope the conc is more like the Dark Forces version... The JK1 version had really stupid sounds, and just looked like a long rectangular pipe with a clip sticking out of it... Atleast the DFs conc had style...

I Just wish they'd bring back the REAL Repeater again... That was one of my favorite weapons, especially in DF.

Originally posted by Stormtrooper X

Wrong, the Concussion Rifle fires bolts of compressed air that make a concussive force that can break bones and shredd muscules. Deadly eh? It'd destroy the saber. And can lightsaber's deflect air at a high pressure? No.

Oops...made a fool of myself there :o ...didn't I?Anyway,since it's compressed air,something must be done to counter it,right?Therefore,is it right for me to say "Force Push" this time?

Originally posted by Toa Tahu

Oops...made a fool of myself there :o ...didn't I?Anyway,since it's compressed air,something must be done to counter it,right?Therefore,is it right for me to say "Force Push" this time?

... yes - as I did just a few posts before you ... ;)

Mike

i agree with about everything you said Silent_Thunder.

DF conc WAS cooler. Less force the further away seems a good idea.

In general, i would have thought the CONC would do less damage than an explosive weapon, but with a greater blast radius (and throwing the target further). It should also probably ignore shields.

Of course, if you use the DF conc then there will be no projectiles to block, but assuming there are projectiles i think that having force push detonate them is an excellent idea. devs take note!

Another cool idea for secondary fire would be something that worked like the shock rifle (i think) in unreal tournament, where if you hit a slower moving projectile with a faster moving one then it causes a much bigger explosion. I always liked that idea as it felt like you needed more skill to pull it off.

Archived